Türkiye has requested the issuance of an Interpol Red Notice for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu following an arrest warrant issued against him last month on a charge of "genocide," Turkish Justice Minister Akin Gurlek said Friday, Xinxua reports.
In a post on X, Gurlek said the judicial process regarding the attack carried out against activists of a global flotilla, which set sail to deliver humanitarian aid to Gaza, "continues with determination."
The global flotilla set sail from Türkiye in May in an attempt to break Israel's blockade of Gaza and deliver aid to Palestinians, but was later intercepted by Israel, with those on board subsequently deported.
Referring an arrest warrant for Netanyahu issued on July 14 by an Istanbul court on the charge of "genocide," the minister said a request has been made to the interior ministry for the issuance of a red notice for Netanyahu at the international level.
He added that relevant documents have also been forwarded to the foreign ministry for further action.
The move follows previous judicial actions by Türkiye against Netanyahu. In November 2025, Türkiye issued arrest warrants for Netanyahu and 36 others over alleged crimes in Gaza.
"We will not allow the crimes committed in Gaza to be covered up or those responsible to be protected by a shield of impunity," Gurlek said, adding that Türkiye would use all available means under national and international law to hold "perpetrators" accountable.