A meeting between Donald Trump's Middle East envoy Jared Kushner and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ended, the premier's spokesperson has told the BBC.
Kushner arrived in Israel on Sunday night after holding rare talks with Hamas to discuss the implementation of the US-backed Gaza peace plan.
Last week, Israel rejected Trump's 15-point plan for peace, which also calls for Israeli troops to withdraw and for Gaza to be rebuilt under a new civilian Palestinian administration.
The rejection came after the president's Board of Peace said it had reached an agreement for the "complete disarmament" of Hamas and other armed groups in Gaza last month.
Trump leads the Board of Peace, which was created as an international organisation originally intended to bring peace to Gaza, but later expanded to include conflicts worldwide.
According to Israeli media reports, Board of Peace envoys Nickolay Mladenov and Tony Blair are also meeting Netanyahu on Monday, with the aim of advancing Trump's plan.
In a phone interview with Fox News on Monday, Trump is reported to have said that Hamas "are giving up their guns" and that Israel should not be carrying out strikes in Gaza. The US outlet did not elaborate further on his comments.
Many Israelis remain sceptical that Hamas is ready to disarm.