Broadcast ban over slain diplomat Karlov: Ankara court

Broadcast ban over slain diplomat Karlov: Ankara court
# 27 December 2016 00:02 (UTC +04:00)

An Ankara court has ordered on Monday for a temporary broadcast ban on media coverage of the news related to the Moscow’s ambassador to Turkey who was assassinated last week in Ankara, according to judicial sources, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, said Ankara's 7th Court of Peace declared the media ban in response to the request of the constitutional crimes investigation bureau of the Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor's Office.

The court said the broadcast ban to be imposed until the completion of police investigation.

The ban includes footage from the time of the attack and afterwards, including news related to the suspects believed to have connection with the incident.

Karlov died after being shot multiple times at an art exhibition in the Turkish capital. He was delivering a speech when 22-year-old Turkish policeman Mevlut Mert Altintas opened fire. Altintas was later gunned down in an exchange of fire with security personnel.

Police findings show that Altintas is linked to FETO, the terrorist group behind the failed July 15 coup attempt.

#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED