Contest for media coverage of Khojaly genocide finalized

Contest for media coverage of Khojaly genocide finalized
# 16 February 2010 11:46 (UTC +04:00)
Baku. Kamala Guliyeva – APA. Azerbaijan Press Council and Public Union for recognition of Khojaly Genocide organized final event of the contest for media coverage of Khojaly genocide, APA reports. Chairman of the Azerbaijan Press Council Aflatun Amashov said the contest aimed to inform the international community and Azerbaijanis living abroad. The works submitted to the contest will be translated to English, German and French and best works will be published as a book and spread in the different countries.

Amashov said the contest was held from September 1, 2009 to February 10, 2010. Prize fund of the contest are 1000 AZN – first place, 650 AZN – second and 300 AZN – third. The special research work will be awarded with 500 AZN and five encouraging prizes will be given as well. 76 works have been submitted to the contest so far and they were published in 41 editions.

Amashov said MP Bakhtiyar Sadikhov, editor-in-chief of “525-ci gazet” newspaper Rashad Majeed, press officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Elkhan Polukhov, representative of the State Committee for work with Diaspora Elshad Miralam, representative of the State Commission for Captives, Hostage and Missing People Mahir Javadli, editor-in-chief of “Bizim Yol” newspaper Bahaddin Haziyev and MP Elman Mammadov were in the organizing committee of the contest.

Spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Elkhan Polukhov said the ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State committee for Work with Diaspora were suffering from lack of information while conducting campaign for Azerbaijan in the world. There is a need in the works written for the foreign readers particularly. He said he hoped that it would not be last such contest.
1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED