A suicide bomber struck a restaurant in a city in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo on Saturday, causing fatalities, officials said, the latest violence in a region where Congolese and Ugandan forces have launched a campaign against Islamists, APA reports quoting Reuters.
"Loss of human life has been reported. The security services have already been deployed and the first measures have been taken," Congolese government spokesman Patrick Muyaya said on Twitter, without saying how many had died.
He said the blast in the city of Beni had been caused by a suicide bomber.
There were no immediate claims of responsibility.