"4 small hydroelectric plants, including one main water intake, are being projected and built on Okhchuchay river of Azerbaijan. 45% of Okhchuchay's flow is used for energy generation, and the remaining 55% is released into the river. So, no damage is done to the environment and nature," said Chief of Hydrotechnical Service at "Azerenerji" Rustam Rajabov, APA reports.
"Canals and tunnels were not dug in the Okchuchay gorge, only derivation pipes were installed to transfer the water to hydroelectric lants. The installation works were carried out outside the river bed, so nature was not damaged," Rustam Rajabov stressed.