Fire breaks out at Qafqaz University, 10 students evacuated

Fire breaks out at Qafqaz University, 10 students evacuated
# 21 June 2014 08:38 (UTC +04:00)

APA reports that the incident took place in the university building in Heydar Aliyev Street, Khirdalan town.

The journalists were not allowed to the scene. Head of the university’s administrative affairs department Sultan Rustamov told APA that the fire was recorded in the canteen of the University. He said that the fire was caused by the short circuit in the electric wires of the fridge in the canteen. The fire covered about the area of 25 square meters.

Fire brigades of Khirdalan Department of the State Fire Protection Service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations were involved to the scene. The fire was prevented from escalating. No one was injured.

The MES’s press service reports that one fridge burned down in the canteen with the total area of 25 square meters on the third floor of the dormitory of the five-storey administrative building in Khirdalan town. 10 students on the upper floors were evacuated by firefighters.

The dormitory was protected from fire. The fire was extinguished at 03:45 local time.

1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED