Bank Of Baku

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards deny direct US backchannel with Trump administration

Hossein Mohebi, spokesperson

© APA | Hossein Mohebi, spokesperson

# 17 August 2026 17:20 (UTC +04:00)

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps denied any talks with US officials after President Donald Trump said his administration had established a direct backchannel with the force, the IRGC-affiliated Tasnim news agency reported on Monday, citing spokesperson Hossein Mohebi.

“There are no talks underway between IRGC officials and the Americans,” Mohebi said. “This lie by Trump is nothing more than fantasies brought on by the delusions and nightmares he is suffering from as a result of defeat and desperation in the war.”

Trump had earlier confirmed the backchannel in remarks reported by Fox News, saying of the IRGC: “They’re good poker players, but they’re dying. I have no time schedule. I’m not in a hurry.”

Mohebi said Trump was trying to temporarily control global oil and energy prices, adding: “He has only one real path ahead of him, and that is to accept defeat and implement the conditions set by the Islamic Republic.”

1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED