Huawei strikes 50 commercial deals for 5G worldwide despite US crackdown

Huawei strikes 50 commercial deals for 5G worldwide despite US crackdown
# 03 September 2019 19:29 (UTC +04:00)

Huawei has struck deals on more than 50 commercial 5G contracts around the world despite being blocked from some major markets, including Japan and Australia, along with the escalating China-US trade war, the company revealed on Tuesday, APA reports citing Sputnik.

The publicly released numbers signify that Huawei is currently ahead of its closest rival telecom brands, such as Nokia which in July reported to have 45 commercial 5G contracts, while Ericsson scored only 24 deals.

5G networks refer to fifth-generation technologies associated with super-fast data transmission and the ability to support driverless vehicles.

“Huawei’s 5G products are world leading products, with the highest level of maturity in terms of commercialisation. And Huawei will continue to develop its 5G technology steadily”, said Huawei Board Director William Xu on Tuesday.

William Xu also stated that Huawei welcomes an “open and collaborative world”, and while commenting on the US initiative to blacklist the company and the need to look for new core technology suppliers outside of North America, he noted that Huawei was ready to cooperate with other states.

“Huawei welcomes US companies and suppliers to continue in providing their products and components to Huawei, but at the same time we support worldwide cooperation in a supply chain”, he said.

When asked about what would happen if some companies would not be able to supply Huawei in the long term, the board director argued that this “has already happened”.

“What you suggest has already happened. But against these circumstances, Huawei’s business remains robust and stable", William Xu said.

Amid Huawei’s recent successes in scoring deals with major worldwide mobile carriers, the US is continuing to pressure the Chinese telecommunications company and its key chain suppliers, as it believes that the telecom giant is collaborating with the Chinese government by conducting spy activities in the US - charges that the company has repeatedly denied.

On Tuesday, Huawei also rejected accusations from Portuguese inventor Rui Pedro Oliveira, who claimed that Huawei had stolen his design technologies used for the production of the Huawei EnVision 260 panoramic camera, an incident that was reported by The Wall Street Journal last week.

“These allegations are false", Huawei said in a statement, arguing that it “categorically rejects Mr Oliveira’s claims of patent infringement”. The multinational company also insisted that Portuguese inventor had taken advantage of the current geopolitical situation, which is unfavourable to Huawei. The United States Department of Justice is, however, determined to look into the claim.

“For the past several months, the US government has been leveraging its political and diplomatic influence to lobby other governments to ban Huawei equipment. Furthermore, it has been using every tool at its disposal — including both judicial and administrative powers, as well as a host of other unscrupulous means – to disrupt the normal business operations of Huawei and its partners", the Chinese company said in a statement.

1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED