Today the delegation led by the Vice Chair of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) Nadine Maenza has attended the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex, APA’s local bureau reports.
The guests have been provided the detailed information about the genocide committed by the Armenian and Bolshevik military units.
It was brought to the notice that the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex established with support of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation was opened on September 18, 2013. The images of various territories of Guba City in the beginning of XX century, and the photos reflecting the construction and building works implemented there in those times, and the people’s living style are exhibited at the complex. The information in several languages can be obtained on the special map demonstrated on the monitor installed here in regard to the genocide actions committed against our people in the past century in various regions of the country.
It was stated that the Guba genocide cemetery was detected while implementing earth works on that territory on April 1, 2007. After that, the broad research works were conducted at the mass-casualty burial by employees of Archeology and Ethnography Institute of ANAS. As a result of the researches, it was determined that the cemetery was associated with the genocide committed by Armenians against the local civilians in 1918.
The guests have also been provided with broad information about activity of the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex.