Baku-APA. Three Italian nuns were killed after unidentified people on Sunday broke into a convent at the Guido Maria Conforti Parish at Kamenge neighborhood in the Burundian capital Bujumbura, police said Monday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
"The first two Italians nuns were killed on Sunday afternoon when unidentified persons broke into the nuns' convent located inside the compound of the Guido Maria Conforti Parish of Kamenge, " said Hermenegilde Harimenshi, a spokesman with the Burundian National Police.
Harimenshi the third Italian nun was killed later at night when she was back from the morgue where corpses of the two nuns had been taken.
According to him, those nuns were killed with knives, adding that the reason behind the attack is being investigated.
This is the second attack against a nuns' convent in Burundi.
On November 27, 2011, an attack by gunmen targeted a convent at Kiremba in the Burundian northern province of Ngozi, killing a Croatian nun and an Italian man.