Baku-APA. Eight persons died and two others injured in a strong fire early Saturday in a night market in Cambodia's tourism hub Siem Reap city, Siem Reap provincial police chief Sath Nady said, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
"Four adults and four children were killed in the blaze, and other two men were seriously injured," he told Xinhua over telephone on Saturday morning. "The victims are vendors and their children who slept in their houses in the market when the accident occurred."
The accident happened at 2:00 a.m. local time and was completely extinguished at around 5:00 a.m., he said. Besides the human casualties, the fire destroyed hundreds of stalls in the market, which sold souvenir things to tourists.
"Electric fault was blamed for the accident," he said.
Siem Reap province houses the world heritage Angkor Wat temple, which is the country's largest cultural tourism destination. It is located some 315 kilometers northwest of Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia.
The cultural province attracted 1.64 million foreign visitors in the first ten months of this year, up 28 percent compared with the same period last year.
- 28/11/2014 Offer Israeli Arabs money to move to Palestinian state: Lieberman
- 28/11/2014 Pope Francis to visit Turkey in most challenging mission of papacy so far
- 28/11/2014 Syrian Electronic Army Hacks UK based Media Websites
- 28/11/2014 Kyrgyz parliament adopts more draft laws on joining Customs Union
- 27/11/2014 Explosions, gun fire rock Kabul, 2 suicide bombers killed, foreigner injured
- 27/11/2014 OPEC decides to keep oil output unchanged despite falling prices
- 27/11/2014 Explosions, gun fire rock Kabul
- 27/11/2014 10 killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir gunfight between militants and Indian military
- 27/11/2014 South Korea starts trial for Japanese journalist
- 27/11/2014 Palestine leader reiterates commitment to two-state solution
- 27/11/2014 Russia faces massive budget shortfall in 2015
- 26/11/2014 Russia's Putin holds talks with Syrian foreign minister
- 26/11/2014 Magnitude 6.8 quake hits off Indonesia, no tsunami warning
- 26/11/2014 Syrian airstrikes on Islamic State group stronghold of Raqqa kill at least 95
- 26/11/2014 24 dead in coal mine fire in NE China
- 26/11/2014 Two police injured in terror blast in Bahrain
- 25/11/2014 80 arrested as Hong Kong authorities clear Mong Kok occupying area
- 25/11/2014 Toshiba to recall laptop AC power supply cord over burn hazard
- 25/11/2014 5.8-magnitude quake hits SW China's Sichuan
- 25/11/2014 Restaurant explosion kills 3 in east China
- 25/11/2014 Saudi Arabia: Islamic State group linked to attack
- 25/11/2014 13 killed in Baghdad bomb attacks
- 25/11/2014 Iran's Rouhani says 'many gaps narrowed, positions got closer' in Vienna: state tv
- 25/11/2014 Iraqi troops take 2 towns from Islamic State group
- 24/11/2014 Iran nuclear talks deadline extended
- 23/11/2014 5.5-magnitude quake hits 42 km SW of Balkh, Afghanistan
- 23/11/2014 Buildings collapsed, 4 out of 5 buried rescued after M6.8 quake hits Japan's Nagano - UPDATED
- 23/11/2014 Two killed after 6.3-magnitude quake hits SW China
- 23/11/2014 Turkey determined to ally with US against ISIL
- 22/11/2014 Damage, injuries reported after M6.8 quake hits Japan's Nagano
- 22/11/2014 13 injured in C China explosion
- 22/11/2014 Sharif asks Obama to play role on Kashmir issue
- 22/11/2014 Bahrain to hold first election since 2011 protests
- 22/11/2014 Iran says no proposals from P 5+1 negotiators to Iran that require coordination
- 22/11/2014 Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- 22/11/2014 Japan PM seeks verdict on 'Abenomics' in snap election
- 21/11/2014 Islamic State attacks Iraq provincial capital: officials
- 21/11/2014 Iranian FM to head back to Tehran for consultation
- 21/11/2014 The convoy of Turkish PM crashed, 2 injured
- 21/11/2014 Senior Islamic State figure killed in Mosul