Baku-APA. Eight persons died and two others injured in a strong fire early Saturday in a night market in Cambodia's tourism hub Siem Reap city, Siem Reap provincial police chief Sath Nady said, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
"Four adults and four children were killed in the blaze, and other two men were seriously injured," he told Xinhua over telephone on Saturday morning. "The victims are vendors and their children who slept in their houses in the market when the accident occurred."
The accident happened at 2:00 a.m. local time and was completely extinguished at around 5:00 a.m., he said. Besides the human casualties, the fire destroyed hundreds of stalls in the market, which sold souvenir things to tourists.
"Electric fault was blamed for the accident," he said.
Siem Reap province houses the world heritage Angkor Wat temple, which is the country's largest cultural tourism destination. It is located some 315 kilometers northwest of Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia.
The cultural province attracted 1.64 million foreign visitors in the first ten months of this year, up 28 percent compared with the same period last year.
- 31/07/2014 Israel 'to destroy' Hamas Gaza tunnels - Netanyahu
- 31/07/2014 Israel Calls Up 16000 More Reservists
- 31/07/2014 Hezbollah commander killed in Iraq: sources
- 31/07/2014 Dubai, European airlines divert flights over Iraq
- 31/07/2014 Car bombing rocks Syria's Homs, casualties feared
- 31/07/2014 17 killed in Israel tank shelling on Gaza market: medics
- 31/07/2014 UN chief demands end to hostilities in Malaysian plane crash area in Ukraine
- 31/07/2014 Bloody mayhem at Gaza market as Israel observes 'lull'
- 30/07/2014 Iraqi militias execute, hang 15 people: police
- 30/07/2014 Five killed in Gaza despite Israel's 4-hour cease-fire: medics
- 30/07/2014 50 Palestinians killed in Gaza today
- 30/07/2014 11 arrested in 'parallel state' sweep in Turkey
- 30/07/2014 Chinese, Australian FMs discuss MH17 incident over phone
- 30/07/2014 Barrage of rockets fired on Israel: Israeli police
- 30/07/2014 Turkey delivers medical aid to Gaza
- 30/07/2014 12 killed, 6 missing in boat sinking in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- 29/07/2014 Heavy casualties reported in Xinjiang terror attack
- 29/07/2014 Fresh Israeli air raid on Gaza wipes out entire family
- 29/07/2014 Israeli air strikes kill 30 Palestinians in Gaza
- 29/07/2014 Subaru recalls vehicles in China
- 29/07/2014 10 Israeli soldiers killed east of Shujaiyya
- 29/07/2014 Israel to deliver devastating strike against Hamas soon - defense minister
- 28/07/2014 Death toll rises to 21 in southern Philippines ambush
- 28/07/2014 Iraq army launches anti-militant raid, kills 17
- 28/07/2014 Israeli strikes leave 10 more Palestinians dead in Gaza
- 28/07/2014 North Korea threatens nuclear strike on US
- 28/07/2014 Netanyahu says UN's call neglects Israel's security needs
- 28/07/2014 Test for Iran’s largest military ship for Caspian navy underway
- 28/07/2014 UN Security Council calls for immediate ceasefire in Gaza
- 27/07/2014 Turkey says suspends operations in Libya embassy due to security woes
- 27/07/2014 Three other Israeli soldiers die in Tel Aviv’s war on Gaza
- 27/07/2014 Rouhani: Iran supports stability, security in Iraq
- 27/07/2014 Hamas refuses to extend truce by four hours
- 26/07/2014 Israel comes under mortar fire after truce extension
- 26/07/2014 ISIL terrorists demolish shrines in Nineveh Province
- 26/07/2014 Israel agrees to extend humanitarian truce for four hours
- 26/07/2014 Car bombing kills 4 in Syria's Aleppo: activists
- 26/07/2014 Death toll rises over 1,000 in Gaza
- 26/07/2014 UNICEF: At least 192 children killed in Gaza
- 26/07/2014 Israel, Hamas agree 12-hour ceasefire in Gaza starting Saturday morning