PKK likely involved in Kayseri terror attack: deputy PM

 PKK likely involved in Kayseri terror attack: deputy PM
# 17 December 2016 18:12 (UTC +04:00)

Baku-APA. All signs point towards the involvement of the PKK terrorist group in Saturday’s terror attack in central Turkey’s Kayseri province that left several soldiers martyred and dozens others wounded, according to Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.

“For now, all signs point to PKK, the arrows are pointing in that direction,” Kurtulmus told the private news channel NTV in Istanbul.

Earlier, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said 13 soldiers were martyred and 56 others wounded when a suicide car bomb attack targeted a public bus in central Kayseri province on Saturday,

Soylu told the media in Kayseri city that seven suspects had been held in connection with the attack, while the search for five others continues.

Kurtulmus said the attack was very similar to last week’s twin bombings in Istanbul that left 44 people martyred, including 36 police officers, and 155 others wounded.

He described the latest attack in Kayseri as “a revenge” by a terrorist organization.

Referring to the PKK, he added: “It appears that this incident is a revenge attack, which appears to be an effort to rectify their situation in some way.”

The PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU -- resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July last year. More than 300 civilians and nearly 800 security personnel since have been martyred. Approximately 8,000 PKK terrorists have been killed or apprehended.

The TAK (Kurdistan Freedom Falcons), a sub-unit of PKK terrorist organization, had claimed responsibility for the Dec. 12 Istanbul bombings. TAK has been one of the most important sub-organizations of the PKK. It has carried out terror attacks in major cities and touristic areas, targeting civilians and the security forces.

1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED