99 killed in Burundi-DR Congo border fighting: Burundian Army

99 killed in Burundi-DR Congo border fighting: Burundian Army
# 05 January 2015 17:50 (UTC +04:00)

Baku-APA. The final death toll in the fighting that occurred last week in the Burundian province of Cibitoke near the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) rose to 99, a spokesman with Burundian Army said Monday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.

Of the dead are 95 assailants, 2 soldiers and 2 civilians, spokesman Colonel Gaspard Baratuza told a press conference.

"During the four-day fighting, soldiers killed 95 assailants. We lost two soldiers and two civilians including a child," said the spokesman.

According to him, the fighting that started on Tuesday as assailants crossed the border from the DR Congo via Murwi and Bukinanyana on Burundi's side, aiming to enter the Kibira natural forest, lasted till Friday.

"So far, the name of the armed group is still unknown. Nine captured assailants who are now held at Cibitoke police custody refused to say anything about the group's name or their chief," he said.

The number of the assailants was estimated to be between 120 and 180, known as a company in the military jargon and at least 60 guns were seized from the gunmen's hands, he said

1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED