Mozambique flood death toll reaches 150: official

Mozambique flood death toll reaches 150: official
# 03 February 2015 19:51 (UTC +04:00)

Baku-APA. Storms and floods in central and northern Mozambique have so far killed 150 people during this year's rainy season, said the country's disaster management body, APA reports quoting Xinhua.

According to the state news agency AIM on Tuesday, Casimiro Abreu, deputy director of the National Disasters Management Institute (INGC) revealed the latest figure on Monday.

The previous figure for fatalities released a week ago was 117.

Abreu warned that the death toll could rise in the coming days, since more lifeless bodies are being discovered as the flooding waters recede.

He said that the province worst-hit was Zambezia, where so far 68 bodies have been recovered.

Abreu put the number of people affected by the floods at about 150,000.

#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED