Death toll from grenade attack in Nairobi rises to 3

Death toll from grenade attack in Nairobi rises to 3
# 14 December 2013 19:28 (UTC +04:00)

Baku-APA. The death toll from a grenade attack on a minibus in the Kenyan capital Nairobi has risen to three amid fears that the figure could be even higher after police recovered six human hands at the scene. Casualties have hit 20, police reported Saturday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.

Nairobi County Commander Benson Kibui confirmed that three people have so far been confirmed death and several others injured in the 32-seater minibus plying Eastleigh route 9 at Pangani, Nairobi.

"We can confirm that there are three people dead and we have also recovered six human hands at the scene. So far 20 casualties have been admitted at Guru Nanak Hospital with multiple injuries. Some have no legs," Kibui said.

He said they believe the attackers might have used the improvised explosive device to cause the massive damage on the matatu plying central business district-Eastleigh route.

Other reports said at least five people were killed in the incident which has sent panic among commuters who are plying that route.

Security officers have cordoned off the scene and advised the public to keep away.

"We have secured the scene as we intensify thee search for the other assailants," Kibui said of the incident which occurred at around 6 p.m. local time.

1 2 3 4 5 İDMAN XƏBƏR
#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED