Baku. Ali Ahmadov – APA-Economics. During the first three quarters of 2012, ACG produced on average 684,000 barrels per day (b/d) (187.4 million barrels or 25.3 million tonnes in total) from the Chirag, Central Azeri, West Azeri, East Azeri and Deepwater Gunashli platforms, BP-Azerbaijan told APA-Economics.
Compared to 2011, the volume of extraction dropped 9.4%.
At the end of the third quarter of 2012, a total of 62 oil wells were producing, while 32 wells were used for injection in the ACG field, as follows:
- Chirag had 15 wells (10 oil producers and 5 water injectors, producing on average of 76,000 b/d.
- Central Azeri (CA) had 19 wells (13 oil producers, 1 water injector and 5 gas injectors, producing on average 163,000 b/d.
- West Azeri (WA) had 22 wells (16 oil producers and 6 water injectors), producing on average 192,000 b/d.
- East Azeri (EA) had 16 wells (12 oil producers and 4 water injectors), producing on average 139,000 b/d.
- Deepwater Gunashli (DWG) had 22 wells (11 oil producers and 11 water injectors) producing on average 114,000 b/d.