Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 28.05.2016Gudrat Hasanguliyev raises objection to Armenian MP's speech at NATO PA meeting
- 28.05.2016Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents may meet in France
- 28.05.2016Time to replace status quo in Karabakh conflict with efforts that can bring peace – OSCE PA
- 28.05.2016Azerbaijani President: "We will never allow a second Armenian state was created on our lands"
- 27.05.2016ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians
- 27.05.2016Ambassador: Whoever says Russia can settle Karabakh conflict in 15-20 minutes ‘is mistaken’
- 27.05.2016Armenia holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 27.05.2016Elkhan Suleymanov: ACSDA project enjoys great importance irrespective of White House response
- 27.05.2016Armenian Gen admits territories liberated by Azerbaijan highly strategic
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijan: Ceasefire aimed at creating conditions for comprehensive, substantive talks
- 26.05.2016To sign any document impossible without Nagorno-Karabakh’s participation in negotiations – Armenian FM
- 26.05.2016Russia doing everything possible to resolve Karabakh conflict – Foreign Ministry
- 26.05.2016Armenia impedes sending of UNESCO fact-finding mission to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs on May 31
- 26.05.2016Armenian FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in early June
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani FM: Vienna meeting created favorable conditions for substantial talks
- 26.05.2016Over 30 houses destroyed by Armenians in Terter, Aghdam rebuilt
- 26.05.2016Armenian soldier dies in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 25.05.2016Former Armenian scout: Areas retaken by Azerbaijan are of great tactical, operative importance
- 25.05.2016Reports on "statement" spread in UN by so-called regime in Armenia - another fabrication
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani FM ready to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs – Foreign Ministry
- 24.05.2016OSCE PA Special Representative calls for parliamentary support to Nagorno-Karabakh peace resolution
- 24.05.2016Warlick: No immediate plans to visit region
- 24.05.2016Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA annual session
- 24.05.2016Iranian supreme leader’s rep: Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2016Armenia deploys persons unfit for service to frontline
- 23.05.2016Grad missile engine, unexploded artillery shell found at front line
- 23.05.2016Armenian troops set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict may lead to severe military clashes
- 23.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev: Armenia used chemical weapon against Azerbaijani population
- 20.05.2016U.S. Vice president and Armenian president discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict by phone
- 20.05.2016Russia to continue assisting Karabakh conflict settlement, Medvedev says
- 20.05.2016Chairman of the PACE: "The Nagorno Karabakh conflict, generally all conflicts must be solved within the territorial integrity of the countries"
- 19.05.2016No decisive step taken for release of Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians
- 19.05.2016German MP says he expects OSCE MG to solve Karabakh conflict
- 19.05.2016Associated Press makes correction to story on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 18.05.2016Yerevan’s statements distort essence of Karabakh conflict, says Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan expresses protest to Associated Press over news release about Nagorno-Karabakh
- 18.05.2016Armenian flag burnt in Baku
- 18.05.2016US ambassador: Armenian, Azerbaijani presidents’ possible June talk may lead to comprehensive settlement