APA’s Europe bureau reports that the report contains a large evaluation analysis on money laundering and financing of terrorism in Europe. The organization noted the achievement of the recent considerable progresses in the member states, highly assessed the adoption of new draft laws and implementation of legal reforms towards anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism. The reports stressed that technical compliance of the member states was improved and adjusted to international norms. MONEYVAL also notes its main recommendations in the report.
The organization calls on judicial, police and security service systems to combat effectively, increase punitive measures such as the confiscation of property against money laundering and create deterrent effect against these activities. According to the report, money laundering by one third of organized criminal networks is not solved and the committers remain unpunished.
The report also covers the situation in Azerbaijan. The organization has carried out assessment on Azerbaijan, including six countries in the end of the third stage. According to this assessment, there are some deficiencies in the six countries - Azerbaijan, Croatia, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Ukraine.
The President of the organization called on the delegations of the abovementioned countries to eliminate these gaps. The identified deficiencies related to a lack of criminal liability for legal persons and failure to extend the confiscation regime to all designated categories of predicate offence. Both deficiencies have been largely addressed by the introduction of amendments to the Criminal Code. Minor issues of both deficiencies which have not been tackled by the amendments will be addressed during the on-site visit to Azerbaijan taking place in 2014.
Addressing the presentation of the annual report, Executive Secretary to MONEYVAL John Ringguth stated that they cooperated with Azerbaijan for several years: “Azerbaijan has achieved considerable progress. We will discuss the problems regarding Azerbaijan during our visit to the country next year. Moreover, we will make another evaluation report on Azerbaijan next year.”
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani president congratulates Canadian governor-general
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry condemns terrorist attack in Kuwait
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijan condemns terrorist attack on Egypt's attorney general
- 29/06/2015 Samad Seyidov: For Council of Europe, issue of human rights has become instrument of political pressure
- 29/06/2015 Some Armenians having fun abroad, while others suffering home instead of them – Azerbaijani official
- 29/06/2015 Azerbaijan once again demonstrated to world its development in sport field – Kazakh ambassador
- 28/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev meets with Bulgarian President visiting Azerbaijan to participate in closing ceremony of European Games
- 28/06/2015 Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 27/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives Secretary General of Socialist International
- 27/06/2015 Russian Federal Council committee chairman: West’s such actions against Azerbaijan are unfair and unacceptable
- 27/06/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of European Olympic Committees
- 27/06/2015 Chairman of Liechtenstein parliament embarks on Azerbaijan visit
- 26/06/2015 State Duma chairman Sergey Naryshkin arrives in Azerbaijan
- 26/06/2015 AK Party names Ismet Yilmaz as speaker candidate
- 26/06/2015 Ukrainian embassy: Vladimir Aryev’s views on Azerbaijan are his personal position
- 26/06/2015 Samad Seyidov: We are seriously thinking about events occurred in PACE session
- 26/06/2015 Azerbaijani President confers “Dostlug” order on co-chair of Nizami Ganjavi International Centre Ismail Serageldin
- 26/06/2015 Members of Verkhovna Rada: We apologize to Azerbaijan
- 26/06/2015 Assistant to Azerbaijani President: "Ferguson and Baltimore events show that human rights situation is not good in the USA
- 26/06/2015 Indonesia’s National Commission on Human Rights welcomes ECHR’s judgment on case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 26/06/2015 U.S. Department of State publicizes 2014 Human Rights Report
- 26/06/2015 Azerbaijani MFA: "Resolution adopted by PACE On June 23, is another example of groundless and preconceived approach against Azerbaijan"
- 25/06/2015 Azerbaijani President receives former Latvian President
- 25/06/2015 Mass protests in Armenia – rebellion against Sargsyan regime, says Azerbaijani president’s aide
- 25/06/2015 CoE position questions Azerbaijan’s future membership in this organization, official says
- 25/06/2015 Elkhan Suleymanov: Representatives of democracy and freedom house supported occupation and aggressor during PACE summer session
- 25/06/2015 Azerbaijan wants unbiased position from new co-rapporteur, says delegation head
- 25/06/2015 PACE appoints new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan
- 25/06/2015 Novruz Mammadov: If even 1/10 of what has been happening in Yerevan occurred in Baku, those who “care” about us would go on talking about it for a month
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan newspaper: Germany today: a hegemon or a vassal?
- 24/06/2015 Council of Europe existence under big question – head of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 24/06/2015 For CNN, the "biggest event" in Azerbaijan in recent years was to find Emin Huseynov and talked to him – top official
- 23/06/2015 PACE co-rapporteurs discuss the report on Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 23/06/2015 Politician: Freedom House almost blames Azerbaijan for happenings in aggressor Armenia today
- 23/06/2015 Fewest complaints to European Court of Human Rights sent from Azerbaijan
- 23/06/2015 Azerbaijani MP: Campaign to discredit Azerbaijan not conducted by German government but some circles there
- 23/06/2015 PACE Group of European People's Party holds discussions on Azerbaijan
- 23/06/2015 Systematic criticism from Europe, especially France against Azerbaijan will bring about irreparable consequences, French MPs say
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijani President: “I’m sure that the Islamic Solidarity Games to be held in Baku will make all Muslim countries closer”
- 22/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: The Islamic solidarity should strengthen, Muslim countries more support one another