Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
On December 25, 2017, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform held a meeting.
At the meeting, which was held in accordance with paragraph 6.9.4 of the Charter of the Civil Peace Platform, the Co-Chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rovshan Rzayev presented the agenda to the Steering Committee, the Platform’s press service told APA.
The first issue of the agenda was the change of the head of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. As the head of the Secretariat Orkhan Nabiyev continued his education abroad, his request for his dismissal from that position and his inclusion to the Council of Experts was discussed.
The candidature of Dilara Afandiyeva, the employee of the Azerbaijan Society for the Protection of the Rights of Women named after D. Aliyeva, was suggested as a new coordinator of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. After the discussions, there were made decisions regarding dismissal of Orkhan Nabiyev and appointing Dilara Efendiyeva as coordinator of the Secretariat of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
The second issue on the agenda were the amendments and additions by the Armenian Co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rafael Isakhanian proposed for the Charter adopted on 30 October 2017 in Tbilisi and his actions during his co-chairmanship which were contrary to the principles of the Civil Peace Platform were discussed widely. It was stated during discussion that, according to the Article 6.5 of the Charter, amendments and additions may only be made during the General Assembly of the Civil Peace Platform. It was also noted that, according to Article 5.10 of the Charter, membership of any member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform should be denied when he/she violates the name, goals and principles of the Civil Peace Platform.
Co-chair of the Platform Rovshan Rzayev, asked the Steering Committee to express its view on the issue of termination of Mr. Isakhanian’s membership because he violated the clause of the Charter. The situation and the presented facts were discussed in detail and Rafael Isakhanian was removed as co-chair and member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
Artur Agajanov, a member of the Steering Committee, was nominated as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform. Mr. Agajanov's candidacy was discussed and he was elected as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform’s Steering Committee. Members of the Board wished Mr. Agajanov success in his future activities.
Later, the Steering Committee accepted the new members to the Platform and, in accordance with the final decision of the General Assembly, discussed the main directions for the year of 2018.
In the end, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform congratulated its member countries on the occasion of Christmas and the upcoming New Year 2018.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2018DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance