Some foreign media outlets illegally operating in Azerbaijan, says president’s aide
Like every other country, the activities of the mass media representatives in Azerbaijan are regulated by law, Ali Hasanov told AZERTAC.
"Azerbaijan’s legislation fully ensures freedom of speech and information, the independent activities of media outlets and journalists, and the right to freely receive and disseminate information. In addition, both local and foreign journalists and media representatives should carry out their activities in compliance with the law, sould be well aware of their responsibility before the country and society, and not allow any illegal actions,” he stressed.
The presidential aide said that on 18 March 2015, the rules for accreditation of foreign media outlets in Azerbaijan were approved. He noted that there is even a section on the Foreign Ministry’s website for online accreditation of foreign mass media outlets, their offices and employees in Azerbaijan.
"Unfortunately, the Interaz and Euroaz television channels, Voice of America radio, Meydan TV website and a number of other foreign media agencies and their employees do not follow the rules and are operating illegally in the country despite repeated warnings. And the recent detention of some foreign mass media representatives by law enforcement agencies is aimed at inviting them to adapt their activities to the rules for accreditation of foreign media outlets in Azerbaijan,” said Hasanov.
He also added that anyone – irrespective of his job or occupation – who does not obey Azerbaijani laws will be taken measures against by concerned bodies.
Related news releases
- 28.05.2016The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan cannot be subject to negotiations - Polad Bulbuloglu.
- 27.05.2016Bulgarian Parliament: "Our MPs did not pay a visit to Armenia"
- 27.05.2016President Ilham Aliyev received Mayor of Cannes
- 27.05.2016Poroshenko: Ukraine stance on Karabakh conflict settlement ‘consistent and resolute’
- 27.05.2016New Turkish PM to visit Azerbaijan on June 3 - UPDATED
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani President receives OSCE PA Special Representative on South Caucasus
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani FM receives OSCE PA Special Representative on South Caucasus
- 27.05.2016Heads of several states congratulate Azerbaijan’s president on Republic Day
- 27.05.2016Director-General of UNESCO congratulates Azerbaijani president on National Holiday
- 27.05.2016Israeli PM expected to visit Azerbaijan in 2016
- 27.05.2016US to continue working with Azerbaijan toward Karabakh conflict resolution – Obama
- 27.05.2016Russia, Azerbaijan made sharp turn in their policies over oil prices fall: ambassador
- 27.05.2016Russia's ties with Azerbaijan, Armenia developed differently throughout history, says ambassador
- 27.05.2016British PM’s trade envoy due in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Tension with Turkey doesn’t negatively affect Russia’s relations with Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 27.05.2016OSCE PA special representative arrives in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Spanish MP Jordi Xucla to lead PACE observation mission in re-run parliamentary election in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani embassy in Russia responds to Armenian FM’s remarks
- 27.05.2016Malena Mard: Since gaining independence, Azerbaijan received €580M support from EU
- 27.05.2016May 28 proclaimed as Azerbaijan National Day in some cities of California
- 26.05.2016PACE to send observers for new election on Aghdash constituency
- 26.05.2016US general: Azerbaijan shows great interest in security and stability
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives chairman of Italian Senate’s European Policies Committee
- 26.05.2016Baku to blacklist Bulgarian MPs for making illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 26.05.2016Turkish president congratulates Azerbaijani counterpart
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives chairman of Turkey`s Constitutional Court
- 26.05.2016French Foreign Ministry issues statement on release of Khadija Ismayilova
- 26.05.2016Germany, UK welcome release of Khadija Ismayilova
- 26.05.2016EU welcomes Azerbaijani court's decision to release Khadija Ismayilova
- 25.05.2016President of Tajikistan congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2016President of Chile congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2016Hollande: France to continue efforts for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 25.05.2016PACE President welcomes decision of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court to release Khadija Ismayilova
- 25.05.2016Greenpeace project coordinator in Russia: Metsamor NPP accessible for terrorists
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Turkey’s new PM
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Austrian counterpart
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani diplomat: Chamber of Deputies’ resolution does not reflect official position of Chile - INTERVIEW
- 25.05.2016Russian-Azerbaijani relations stand at high level – Putin
- 25.05.2016‘The World`s Person of the Year 2015’ award presented to Azerbaijani president
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Turkey’s new PM