Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 23/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community of Azerbaijan
- 23/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visits Ismayilli and Gabala regions - PHOTO
- 23/09/2014 The opening of this port is a part of the great work
- 23/09/2014 Iraq rejects presence of foreign ground troops to fight IS
- 22/09/2014 Syrian airstrike kills 10 rebels near Lebanon border
- 22/09/2014 Date and agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament autumn session announced
- 20/09/2014 Part of White House evacuated; Obama not present: witnesses
- 19/09/2014 Dozens killed as Boko Haram fighters attack Nigerian market
- 19/09/2014 Employees of oil industry entitled to Azerbaijani President’s individual pension
- 19/09/2014 Azerbaijani President confers honorary titles on employees of oil industry
- 19/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev awards to employees of oil industry
- 18/09/2014 Azerbaijan determines new requirement regarding state registration of religious organizations
- 18/09/2014 At least 3 killed as mosque collapses in Kenya's Lamu
- 17/09/2014 Gudrat Hasanguliyev: Our society accepts the arrest of some foreign-funded NGOs leaders as quite normal
- 17/09/2014 Gudrat Hasanguliyev: Azerbaijan can join the Customs Union and the Eurasian Union for the sake of Nagorno-Karabakh by maintaining its independence
- 16/09/2014 Azerbaijan to define upper limit of annual donations one person can make to one or several parties
- 16/09/2014 Egypt raises over 8 bln USD for new canal project
- 15/09/2014 96 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 12/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the French Lyceum of Baku
- 12/09/2014 Ibadoghlu officially announces his candidacy for Musavat chairmanship
- 11/09/2014 Scores injured, houses damaged after shallow quake hits West Sumatra Indonesia
- 11/09/2014 Russia successfully tests nuclear missile, more planned - navy chief
- 11/09/2014 Ukraine may become UN Security Council non-permanent member in 2016
- 10/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews schools No. 32 and No. 12 in Baku
- 10/09/2014 Baku Mayor’s Office responds to appeal of Musavat Party
- 09/09/2014 Arif Hajili nominates his candidature for post of Musavat chairman
- 09/09/2014 Islamic State fighters using US arms: study
- 06/09/2014 Defense Ministry investigates hostage-taking of Azerbaijani citizen
- 05/09/2014 Ukrainian president orders ceasefire in east
- 05/09/2014 NATO welcomes Minsk truce deal if it leads to real ceasefire — Rasmussen
- 04/09/2014 Azerbaijani President awards Turkish counterpart with the "Heydar Aliyev" Order - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 02/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2 mln to Youths and Sport Ministry
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of several facilities in Fuzuli District
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews secondary school No. 46 in Baku after major repair and reconstruction
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visits Fuzuli region
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of a number of facilities
- 27/08/2014 Azerbaijani President: “By all means we defend and will defend our independence”
- 26/08/2014 Putin and Poroshenko set out different paths to peace in Ukraine
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani President attends opening of Carpet Museum
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani president attends opening of rebuilt secondary school No 23 in Baku