Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 22/01/2015 Ali Hasanov: They should not teach Azerbaijan democracy
- 20/01/2015 Azerbaijani President pays tribute to 20 January tragedy martyrs
- 17/01/2015 U.N.'s Ban Ki-moon worried by El Salvador violence as murders soar
- 16/01/2015 Azerbaijan announces final results of municipal elections
- 15/01/2015 India troops kill 5 pro-independence fighters in Kashmir
- 15/01/2015 Kamran Aliyev: Investigation underway on criminal case against Elshad Abdullayev
- 15/01/2015 UN chief urges all sides in East Ukraine to respect cease-fire
- 15/01/2015 New round of peace talks on Ukraine to be held soon: Kiev
- 14/01/2015 President of Azerbaijan issues order on marking Bakhtiyar Vahabzade’s 90th jubilee
- 14/01/2015 Khoshbakht Yusifzade awarded Honorary Diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 12/01/2015 Azerbaijani President signed order declaring 2015 the "Year of Agriculture"
- 12/01/2015 Azerbaijan publicizes date and agenda of first parliamentary session in 2015
- 11/01/2015 Azerbaijani President: “If someone believes that can say something to Azerbaijan in the language of dictate or ultimatums, is mistaken”
- 10/01/2015 Azerbaijani President chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers
- 08/01/2015 Azerbaijan allocates AZN 2.5m to political parties
- 07/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to French counterpart François Hollande
- 07/01/2015 Azerbaijan allocates AZN 41.8 mln for 2015 parliamentary elections
- 07/01/2015 CEC terminates Asaf Hajiyev’s parliamentary mandate
- 07/01/2015 Ahmad Ahmadzade awarded Shohret order
- 05/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates country's Orthodox Christian community
- 05/01/2015 Assets of Azerbaijan Armed Forces Assistance Fund rose by $12.5 mln in 2014
- 01/01/2015 Message of congratulation of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of Azerbaijanis of the World and the New Year
- 30/12/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament’s autumn session ends
- 30/12/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament starts final session for 2014
- 29/12/2014 Azerbaijani President signs order on pardon
- 29/12/2014 Ogtay Asadov awarded ‘Sharaf’ order
- 27/12/2014 Ilham Aliyev: “Azerbaijan will restore territorial integrity”
- 26/12/2014 Date, agenda for Azerbaijani Parliament’s 2014 final session made public
- 25/12/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 19.5 million for "Irrigation and Water Management of Azerbaijan" JSC
- 25/12/2014 Shahin Sultanov: “I thank President Ilham Aliyev for my release”
- 24/12/2014 Azerbaijani President reviews final stage of construction of Heydar Mosque in Baku
- 24/12/2014 Azerbaijan publicizes initial results of municipal elections
- 24/12/2014 Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan’s achievements during Ilham Aliyev’s 10-year presidency are ‘phenomenon of the century’
- 24/12/2014 Defined the constituencies with the highest and the lowest voter turnout
- 24/12/2014 Chairman of CEC: Municipal elections in Azerbaijan can be considered valid
- 24/12/2014 Today is Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s birthday
- 23/12/2014 Ali Ahmadov: “The municipal elections held successfully, no violation recorded”
- 23/12/2014 Voter turnout in the municipal elections in Azerbaijan made up 38.93 percent
- 23/12/2014 Voting process on municipal elections ends in Azerbaijan
- 23/12/2014 Voter turnout hits 36.38 % in Azerbaijan’s municipal election as of 17:00