Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 19/12/2014 Mazahir Panahov: “1,000 stations have been supplied with web-camera to observe the municipal elections”
- 17/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: "The unity between the people and the government is the basic foundation of our success"
- 17/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: "In Azerbaijan no one will feel the decline in oil prices"
- 16/12/2014 Siyavush Novruzov: US started black genocide
- 16/12/2014 Azerbaijani President attends first All-Republican Forum of ASAN Volunteers in Sabirabad
- 15/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visited Sabirabad region- PHOTO
- 15/12/2014 Mirgafar Seyidov dismisses five department chiefs - EXCLUSIVE
- 13/12/2014 Dozens killed in Afghanistan fighting as foreign troops head home
- 13/12/2014 Nearly 40,000 people to observe municipal elections in Azerbaijan
- 13/12/2014 Serdar Jalaloglu: “We were pleased with the meeting”
- 13/12/2014 Head of the Department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration announces results of dialogue with chairmen of opposition parties
- 13/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: “The Azerbaijani government has always been open for constructive cooperation and dialogue with its political opponents
- 13/12/2014 Government-opposition dialogue kicks off
- 12/12/2014 No death reported in E. Ukraine as ceasefire largely holds
- 12/12/2014 Baku Mayor's Office authorizes Musavat Party rally on December 14
- 12/12/2014 Azerbaijani President pays tribute to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12/12/2014 Eleven years pass since Heydar Aliyev died
- 11/12/2014 32,427 people registered to observe Azerbaijan municipal elections
- 11/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: We’ve stated many times that the Azerbaijani government is always ready for dialogue and cooperation with all socio-political organizations
- 09/12/2014 Philippine capital braces for storm, as Hagupit leaves 27 dead
- 09/12/2014 EU to assess budgetary rules broken countries in March
- 09/12/2014 U.S. says allies to send about 1,500 troops to Iraq
- 08/12/2014 Azerbaijan appeals to CoE Congress of Local and Regional Authorities for municipal election observation
- 08/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Statements of some local and foreign organizations on Khadija Ismayilova’s arrest biased and baseless
- 08/12/2014 Bahar Muradova comments on arrest of journalist Khadija Ismayilova
- 07/12/2014 Cargo plane detained in Nigeria does not belong to Russia - embassy
- 06/12/2014 Car rolls down ravine in Ujar, 3 dead
- 04/12/2014 Horrific road accident claims three lives in Goranboy - PHOTOSESSION
- 03/12/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews construction progress at fountain and waterfall complex in Khatai District
- 03/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: The only negative case in oil price fall is that what we have planned to do in one year we will do within two years
- 03/12/2014 Azerbaijani President: IS 'fruit' of policy carried out in Middle East over last ten years
- 03/12/2014 Ali Hasanov: Journalists in Muslim countries can unite and demonstrate a unified position
- 03/12/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan can be model for Afghanistan"
- 02/12/2014 Department head of Prosecutor General’s Office dismissed
- 30/11/2014 Pre-election campaign on municipal elections in Azerbaijan started
- 28/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: We won’t forgive those who betray state and its interests
- 28/11/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations receives citizens in Mingachevir - PHOTO
- 28/11/2014 Azerbaijani parliament adopts state budget package for 2015
- 28/11/2014 Ogtay Asadov: European Parliament takes biased and double-standard approach toward Azerbaijan
- 28/11/2014 Armenian journalist defends Leyla Yunus