Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 01/08/2015 Mirmahmud Miralioglu, re-elected as chairman of CPFP, won’t run as candidate in next congress
- 29/07/2015 SBS comments on reports of Russian border guards’ illegal crossing into Azerbaijani territory
- 24/07/2015 Court rejects Musavat Party lawsuit against Baku mayor’s office
- 24/07/2015 TURKPA Secretary General addresses OSCE Permanent Council
- 17/07/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on restoration of religious historical and cultural monuments
- 16/07/2015 Azerbaijan’s ruling party prepares initial list of parliamentary candidates
- 15/07/2015 Iranian ambassador says hopes West will boost anti-terror efforts after Vienna agreement
- 14/07/2015 Azerbaijani defense minister gives special instruction to army
- 14/07/2015 President criticized AZAL: Why airline tickets in comparison with other countries, have to be expensive?
- 13/07/2015 Iran court holds third hearing in espionage trial of U.S. journalist
- 13/07/2015 Necessary to accelerate visa issuance process and lower prices of air tickets and hotels, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Europe in deep economic and moral crisis, says Azerbaijani president
- 13/07/2015 Azerbaijani president chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 12/07/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan has a bright future and no power can affect our successes"
- 09/07/2015 Azerbaijan likely to cancel state registration of 12 political parties
- 08/07/2015 APFP deputy chairman resigns
- 08/07/2015 Afghan delegation meeting Taliban in Pakistan
- 04/07/2015 Armed men commit attack on Kapital bank
- 03/07/2015 Azerbaijan, Russia, Iran and Kazakhstan to hold consultations on the establishment of collective security system in the Caspian Sea
- 02/07/2015 International NGOs carry out only orders of their owners, says Azerbaijani top official
- 01/07/2015 Over 28,000 foreign tourists visited Azerbaijan during European Games
- 01/07/2015 Finland denies entry to Russian State Duma speaker
- 01/07/2015 Azerbaijani president confers high special ranks on interior ministry officers
- 30/06/2015 Azerbaijani president awards justice minister with honorary diploma
- 30/06/2015 Moscow police detain Azerbaijani suspects in abduction of their compatriot
- 29/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Mehriban Aliyeva with Heydar Aliyev Order
- 29/06/2015 No one can similize Azerbaijan with states where anarchy and chaos prevail – official
- 29/06/2015 3 die in separate attacks ahead of Burundi's polls
- 24/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Ziyad Samadzade with Sharaf order
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for Ukrainian businessman
- 24/06/2015 Today is Abulfaz Elchibey’s birthday
- 23/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards group of mechanical engineers with Taraggi medal
- 23/06/2015 237 detained after protest break-up in Yerevan
- 23/06/2015 Turkey: HDP names candidate for parliament speaker
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijani population trusts their president - POLL
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijan to register closure of foreign NGOs’ representative offices and branches within three days
- 20/06/2015 Rules for registration of political parties in Azerbaijan changed
- 18/06/2015 Azerbaijani taekwondo fighter grabs gold medal of European Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 16/06/2015 Azerbaijani president approves law on changing names of some villages in country
- 15/06/2015 Independent Azerbaijan is in reliable hands – top official