Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 25/05/2015 Baku mayor’s office authorizes National Council to hold rally on May 30
- 22/05/2015 More than $180 billion have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy over the past 11 years
- 22/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani authorities regard civil society institutions as partners
- 22/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Boyukshor boulevard and park
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Those businessmen have robbed state property and stolen state funds
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev holds first meeting of State Commission for investigation of causes of Baku residential building fire - PHOTOSESSION
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev arrives at scene of multi-storey building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijani President signs an order to establish State Commission for investigating causes of multi-storey building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani president instructs to investigate fire and punish culprits
- 18/05/2015 Last meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament’s spring session to be held on May 29
- 16/05/2015 New Azerbaijani Party’s Youth Union holds 4th conference
- 16/05/2015 Azerbaijani MPs to attend meeting of PACE subcommittee
- 16/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Some US, European circles, int’l organizations under their influence seek to destabilize Azerbaijan
- 16/05/2015 Azerbaijani presidents appoints new head of State Flag Square Complex Department
- 15/05/2015 Baku mayor’s office authorizes National Council to hold rally on May 23
- 15/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Party leaders asked to convey to president their proposals on pardoning several inmates
- 15/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Government-opposition meeting’s agenda set based on parties’ proposals
- 15/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament discusses stir over arrest of several businessmen
- 15/05/2015 Azerbaijani president’s assistant comments on detention of a group of businessmen
- 15/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament’s next meeting starts
- 15/05/2015 Baku-2015 European Games main topic of discussion at government-opposition meeting
- 15/05/2015 Next government-opposition meeting starts in Baku
- 14/05/2015 55 members of Musavat Party’s Khatai district organization resign
- 14/05/2015 Gunmen storm guest house in upmarket area of Afghan capital
- 13/05/2015 Vice-speaker of parliament: One cannot speak to Azerbaijan with language of pressure
- 13/05/2015 EU expects Azerbaijan’s proposals of strategic cooperation – ambassador
- 13/05/2015 Gubad Ibadoglu’s office raided
- 13/05/2015 National Council refuses to hold rally on May 16
- 12/05/2015 Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s rally scheduled for May 16
- 12/05/2015 Azerbaijani national security minister meets with Nikolai Patrushev
- 12/05/2015 Date of next government-opposition meeting announced
- 12/05/2015 Azerbaijani President: "To affect our policy is impossible"
- 12/05/2015 Azerbaijani President: “Heydar Aliyev’s strategic decisions determined the direction of the strategic development of our country”
- 11/05/2015 June 12 – opening day of first European Games proposed to declare non-working day in Azerbaijan
- 10/05/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev’s grave
- 10/05/2015 5 policemen killed in Macedonian operation against armed group
- 10/05/2015 Azerbaijan marks 92nd anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09/05/2015 70 years pass since victory over fascism
- 07/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan has most stable society with peaceful, tolerant atmosphere among national, ethnic, religious communities
- 05/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Inturist” hotel in Baku - PHOTOSESSION