Ramiz Mehdiyev: "Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony"
Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
Related news releases
- 01.10.2015Hurricane Joaquin gains force near Bahamas, heads toward US
- 30.09.2015President empowered to restore and renounce Azerbaijani citizenship
- 30.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament adopts action plan of autumn session
- 30.09.2015Sariyya Seyidova re-appointed judge of Baku Court of Appeal
- 30.09.2015Last session of Azerbaijani parliament’s fourth convocation kicks off
- 29.09.2015Mogherini calls meeting with Lavrov on sidelines of UN General Assembly 'good, useful'
- 28.09.2015Taliban fighters seize Kunduz city in Afghanistan
- 26.09.2015Number of registered MPs reaches 217
- 22.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Eid al-Adha
- 22.09.2015Arif Gasimov appointed head of Nizami District Executive Authority
- 22.09.2015Azerbaijani diplomats may be stripped of their ranks for any action incompatible with diplomatic service
- 21.09.2015Vali Abdullayev appointed chairman of Ganja Kepez district court
- 21.09.2015New chairmen of Baku and Shaki courts of appeal appointed
- 21.09.2015Agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament’s autumn session announced
- 19.09.2015CEC registers more 11 candidates for parliamentary elections
- 19.09.2015Azerbaijan’s 2016 budget package submitted to Parliament
- 18.09.2015Azerbaijani delegation refuses to attend OSCE PA session
- 18.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev: Does fascism emerge in Europe again?!
- 18.09.2015People will vote to join Azerbaijan if referendum is held in Nagorno-Karabakh, says Armenian NGO leader
- 18.09.2015Martirosyan: If borders are opened, influx of refugees from Armenia to Azerbaijan will be like the one to Europe
- 18.09.2015Armenian army incapable of figthing against any other army, says Armenian NGO leader
- 18.09.2015Armenian NGO leader says he wants draw attention of international community, Armenian diaspora to Sargsyan’s criminal regime - PHOTO - UPDATED
- 18.09.2015Masked assailants beat 86-year-old woman to death in Azerbaijan
- 18.09.2015Azerbaijani president: Armenia faces mass emigration, people unable to stand such conditions any more
- 18.09.2015President: Public control in Azerbaijan must become even stronger
- 17.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Kurdamir district
- 17.09.2015Hungarian riot police fire tear gas at migrants
- 16.09.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM explains unwillingness of opposition’s aggressive part to participate in elections
- 16.09.2015Ali Ahmadov: Announcement of YAP candidates on Sept 15 preplanned
- 16.09.2015CEC registers authorized representatives of one party and one bloc of political parties
- 15.09.201513 current YAP MPs not re-nominated
- 14.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament passes decision on European Parliament's resolution
- 14.09.2015Azerbaijani parliament slams European Parliament over recent resolution
- 14.09.2015Martin Schulz, mired in corruption, has no right to point out flaws with regard to Azerbaijan, says parliamentary vice-speaker
- 14.09.2015Azerbaijani Parliament starts extraordinary session
- 12.09.2015Obama: House vote shows support for Iran deal is growing
- 11.09.2015Germany puts soldiers on call to help migrants
- 11.09.2015Parliamentary committee chairman: Calls to impose sanctions on Azerbaijani officials – ridiculous
- 11.09.2015Azerbaijan Parliament to hold extraordinary session
- 10.09.2015President Ilham Aliyev reviews Technical and Humanitarian Lyceum after repair and reconstruction in Baku