Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 31/03/2015 March 31 - Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament to hear 2014 report on fight against human trafficking on April 3
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijan switches to daylight saving time tonight
- 20/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Some foreign circles are waging an open campaign against Azerbaijan"
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan has already ensured its energy security – President
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: Independence our biggest wealth, greatest value
- 19/03/2015 US State Department publicizes 2015 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President appoints Taleh Ziyadov as Director General of Baku International Sea Trade Port CJSC
- 18/03/2015 Firudin Nabiyev promoted to second-grade state migration service advisor
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President signs order on pardon
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament approves 2014 government’s report
- 17/03/2015 PM Artur Rasizade reporting to parliament
- 13/03/2015 Azerbaijani President attended the opening of Garabagh Agrarian Industrial Par
- 13/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of Mollaisalar-Valiushaghı-Mollaahmadli-Sarkarlar highway - PHOTO
- 13/03/2015 Azerbaijani President attended the opening of the Children`s Art School No. 1 in Barda - PHOTOSESSION
- 13/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed ongoing repair work at Barda Mausoleum - PHOTOSESSION
- 13/03/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of Barda “ASAN xidmət” regional center
- 12/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed a newly-built residential complex for 588 IDP families in Barda - PHOTOSESSION
- 12/03/2015 Azerbaijani President attended the opening of a park-boulevard after Heydar Aliyev in Barda - PHOTOSESSION
- 12/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visited a statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Barda
- 12/03/2015 Pakistan executes first person since lifting death penalty
- 12/03/2015 Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council rally
- 12/03/2015 Pakistani president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 06/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament adopts report of Ombudsperson - UPDATED
- 06/03/2015 Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament congratulates women deputies
- 06/03/2015 27,683 foreigners ordered to leave Azerbaijan within 48 hours last year
- 06/03/2015 60 years pass since Mammad Amin Rasulzade died
- 05/03/2015 Azerbaijani parliament to discuss 2014 government report on March 17
- 04/03/2015 Novruzali Aslanov awarded 2nd grade order “For Service to the Motherland”
- 04/03/2015 PACE co-rapporteurs’ meeting with opposition leaders postponed twice
- 03/03/2015 Court announces verdict on those detained over Salafi-Kharijite incident in Sumgayit
- 03/03/2015 Fikret Amirov’s work performed within Lebanese Cultural Days in Mexico
- 02/03/2015 ‘Azerbaijan – Sport in Focus’ exhibition opens in London
- 28/02/2015 Ebola virus death toll in West Africa reaches 9,660 — WHO
- 26/02/2015 Vuqar Aliyev appointed as Deputy Head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of Presidential Administration
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confers ‘Tereggi’ medal on employees of AzerTAc
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency renamed
- 26/02/2015 “Appeal court” of separatist Nagorno Karabakh regime to issue verdict on Azerbaijani hostages on March 10 - UPDATED
- 26/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to Khojaly Genocide victims - UPDATED
- 25/02/2015 Azerbaijani President awards Artur Rasizade with “Shohrat” order