Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 02/03/2015 ‘Azerbaijan – Sport in Focus’ exhibition opens in London
- 28/02/2015 Ebola virus death toll in West Africa reaches 9,660 — WHO
- 26/02/2015 Vuqar Aliyev appointed as Deputy Head of Socio-Political Affairs Department of Presidential Administration
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confers ‘Tereggi’ medal on employees of AzerTAc
- 26/02/2015 Azerbaijan State Telegraph Agency renamed
- 26/02/2015 “Appeal court” of separatist Nagorno Karabakh regime to issue verdict on Azerbaijani hostages on March 10 - UPDATED
- 26/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to Khojaly Genocide victims - UPDATED
- 25/02/2015 Azerbaijani President awards Artur Rasizade with “Shohrat” order
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President reviews newly-built residential complex for IDP families in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the ongoing redevelopment work at the Heydar Aliyev Park in Mingachevir - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani President: “Gradual appreciation of manat had a negative effect on the development of our economy”
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the reconstruction work at Mingachevir City Central Hospital - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visited Kur Olympic Training and Sports Center in Mingachevir
- 24/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Mingachevir
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament discusses decline in manat
- 24/02/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament starts meeting with commemoration of Khojaly genocide victims
- 24/02/2015 Today is “Water Tuesday” of Novruz in Azerbaijan
- 23/02/2015 Azerbaijani President confirms Action Plan on celebration of 70th anniversary of victory in Great Patriotic War
- 23/02/2015 Traffic movement to be restricted in some streets of Baku due to Khojaly genocide anniversary
- 23/02/2015 Ali Hasanov appointed as Presidential aide
- 20/02/2015 APFP deputy chairman Razi Nurullayev dismissed
- 19/02/2015 Several youths resign from movement created at Gubad Ibadoglu’s initiative
- 19/02/2015 Armenians hack website of Azerbaijanfilm studio
- 13/02/2015 MP proposes to abolish a number of state agencies in Azerbaijan
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov: In Azerbaijan, there are some NGOs that operate on order
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov announces government-opposition meeting details
- 12/02/2015 Ali Hasanov: Government, political parties can discuss any issues
- 12/02/2015 Next government-opposition meeting starts - PHOTO
- 11/02/2015 Musavat Party not to attend government-opposition meeting
- 10/02/2015 Next government-opposition meeting to be held with participation of PA department head Ali Hasanov
- 09/02/2015 Merkel and Obama meet as arming Ukraine debated
- 09/02/2015 BTC transports 2.5 mln tonnes of Azerbaijani oil
- 09/02/2015 Fazil Mammadov given special rank of first-grade state tax adviser
- 06/02/2015 Gubad Ibadoglu excluded from Musavat Party - UPDATED
- 05/02/2015 Nakhchivan permanent representation in Baku: Media reports that Vasif Talibov was taken to Baku due to illness are provocation
- 05/02/2015 Azerbaijan’s State Land and Cartography Committee abolished
- 05/02/2015 NATO ministers to meet on Russia, upgrading response force
- 03/02/2015 Polad Bulbuloglu awarded Sharaf order
- 03/02/2015 Syrian troops ambush rebels in Hama province: state media
- 02/02/2015 Obama to meet Merkel on global issues: White House