Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 29/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Mehriban Aliyeva with Heydar Aliyev Order
- 29/06/2015 No one can similize Azerbaijan with states where anarchy and chaos prevail – official
- 29/06/2015 3 die in separate attacks ahead of Burundi's polls
- 24/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards Ziyad Samadzade with Sharaf order
- 24/06/2015 Azerbaijan issues international arrest warrant for Ukrainian businessman
- 24/06/2015 Today is Abulfaz Elchibey’s birthday
- 23/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev awards group of mechanical engineers with Taraggi medal
- 23/06/2015 237 detained after protest break-up in Yerevan
- 23/06/2015 Turkey: HDP names candidate for parliament speaker
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijani population trusts their president - POLL
- 22/06/2015 Azerbaijan to register closure of foreign NGOs’ representative offices and branches within three days
- 20/06/2015 Rules for registration of political parties in Azerbaijan changed
- 18/06/2015 Azerbaijani taekwondo fighter grabs gold medal of European Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 16/06/2015 Azerbaijani president approves law on changing names of some villages in country
- 15/06/2015 Independent Azerbaijan is in reliable hands – top official
- 15/06/2015 Azerbaijan marks Salvation Day
- 14/06/2015 Georgia declares a day of mourning
- 11/06/2015 Azerbaijan prepared well for European Games – EOC president
- 09/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of link roads on the 4th-6th km of Baku-Alat-Qazakh-Georgia and state border highway and a pedestrian underpass in Bayil Boulevard
- 09/06/2015 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed “Atelye 61” restaurant in National Flag Square
- 06/06/2015 Round table ‘Double-standard approach of int’l organizations toward human rights’ held in Baku - PHOTO
- 30/05/2015 Siyavush Novruzov: What National Council held today was picket, not rally
- 29/05/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on conscription
- 29/05/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament ends spring session
- 28/05/2015 Azerbaijan celebrates the Republic Day
- 27/05/2015 Number of voters in Azerbaijan announced
- 27/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on occasion of Republic Day
- 27/05/2015 Azerbaijan’s prestige on international arena is growing – Putin
- 27/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits memorial in honor of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic - PHOTOSESSION
- 26/05/2015 National Council approves authorization by Baku mayor’s office to hold rally on May 30
- 25/05/2015 Baku mayor’s office authorizes National Council to hold rally on May 30
- 22/05/2015 More than $180 billion have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy over the past 11 years
- 22/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani authorities regard civil society institutions as partners
- 22/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Boyukshor boulevard and park
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Those businessmen have robbed state property and stolen state funds
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev holds first meeting of State Commission for investigation of causes of Baku residential building fire - PHOTOSESSION
- 20/05/2015 President Ilham Aliyev arrives at scene of multi-storey building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Azerbaijani President signs an order to establish State Commission for investigating causes of multi-storey building fire in Baku
- 19/05/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani president instructs to investigate fire and punish culprits
- 18/05/2015 Last meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament’s spring session to be held on May 29