Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 26/07/2014 Five killed in mortar fire on Lugansk
- 26/07/2014 Armenians attack Tovuz region: 2 civilians injured - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Ramadan
- 25/07/2014 Musavat member Faraj Karimli sentenced to pre-trial detention
- 25/07/2014 Protest held outside Israeli Embassy in Azerbaijan
- 24/07/2014 Committee on protection of Musavat member Faraj Karimli’s rights established
- 24/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews progress of construction at Baku Olympic Stadium
- 23/07/2014 Faraj Karimli engaged in advertising psychotropic substances on social networks - Orkhan Mansurzadeh
- 22/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Khizi District
- 22/07/2014 Seven killed in clashes between army and militants in Libya's Benghazi
- 22/07/2014 Ten killed in air strike north of Baghdad
- 19/07/2014 Israel pushes in Gaza, expanding ground operation
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 8 mln to ASAN Service
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijani Popular Front marks 25th anniversary
- 10/07/2014 Ilham Aliyev: “Nagorno Karabakh conflict can be settled only through the territorial integrity principle
- 10/07/2014 Reis Rasulzadeh expresses gratitude to president for his attention
- 10/07/2014 Mahammad Amin Rasulzadeh’s grandson to undergo surgery in Germany by order of President Ilham Aliyev
- 10/07/2014 Azerbaijani President chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 05/07/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2.8 mln for road construction in Bilasuvar
- 04/07/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 4,9 million for road construction in Goygol region
- 30/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s practice in the fight against corruption can be a positive example for other countries as well
- 30/06/2014 Ramiz Mehdiyev: “Azerbaijan has gained a very good experience in the fight against corruption”
- 28/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Education is vital in combating radicalism, extremism, xenophobia’
- 28/06/2014 U.N. experts trace recent seized arms to Iran, violating embargo
- 28/06/2014 Launch of new Russian space rocket aborted
- 27/06/2014 EU leaders urge specific steps to de-escalate Ukrainian conflict by June 30
- 27/06/2014 Fiorello Provera: "Armenia must immediately return the occupied territories of Azerbaijan"
- 27/06/2014 Extraordinary session of Azerbaijani Parliament over
- 27/06/2014 Ali Hasanov: ‘The main expectation of the Azerbaijani state from the youth is a sense of statehood and patriotism’
- 27/06/2014 Ogtay Asadov: ‘The president has proved Azerbaijan’s honesty to Europe’
- 25/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev awards civil servants
- 25/06/2014 President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on servicemen and civilian employees of Armed Forces - LIST
- 23/06/2014 Azerbaijani President awards engineering industry workers - LIST
- 23/06/2014 Elsever Mursaliyev refuses NIDA Civic Movement and APFP
- 20/06/2014 Azerbaijan refuses establishing Jury Trial
- 18/06/2014 Iran vows to defend Iraq Shi'ite sites; insurgents battle for refinery
- 18/06/2014 Schools and kindergartens of Azerbaijan International Education Center, including "Araz Courses", stop operation
- 17/06/2014 Members of the Armenian delegation sounded threats on the security guarantees for energy projects in the region
- 17/06/2014 Azerbaijani President signs order on amendment to law “On acquisition of lands for states needs”
- 16/06/2014 NATO PA President visits Azerbaijan