Ramiz Mehdiyev: "Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony"
Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
Related news releases
- 05.05.2016US pollster: Over 96% of Azerbaijani population trust President Ilham Aliyev
- 05.05.2016CEC: Ilgar Mammadov loses right to be elected MP
- 04.05.2016Turkish strikes in Syria kill 13 Daesh terrorists
- 30.04.2016US Department of State calls Azerbaijan and Armenia to return to the process of peaceful settlement
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "2016 is the year of deep economic reforms"
- 29.04.2016Date and agenda of Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting announced
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani parliament condemns Armenian provocations
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Aghsu district
- 29.04.2016Azerbaijan to approve ethics conduct rules for MPs
- 29.04.2016Foreign journalists visit Azerbaijani civilians injured in Armenian shelling
- 28.04.2016Armenian artillery fire destroys 30 houses in Azerbaijan's Aghdam
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani president approves Open Government Initiative National Action Plan for 2016-2018
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan replaces judges of a number of courts of first instance - LIST
- 26.04.2016All freedoms secured in Azerbaijan – President Aliyev
- 23.04.2016Efforts underway to extinguish fire on Russian tanker in Caspian, one person missing - UPDATED
- 22.04.2016US Dept of State corrects John Kirby’s comment on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.04.2016Members appointed to Council of State Support to NGOs under President of Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2016Azerbaijan changing rules of detention of citizens by police
- 19.04.2016FIFA chief sees no problems in holding 2022 World Cup in Qatar in winter
- 19.04.2016Azerbaijani parliamentary speaker: April events disproved hopes for fragile ceasefire
- 18.04.2016Armenian president on a visit to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 18.04.2016New head of Jabrayil district executive authority appointed
- 16.04.2016Appeal made to world scientific community over 1914-1920 Genocide of Turkic-Muslim population of Azerbaijan and Eastern Anatolia
- 15.04.2016Mazahir Panahov reelected Azerbaijani CEC chairman
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijan’s parliament approves CEC’s new composition
- 15.04.2016Azerbaijani first lady attends Special Session on First Ladies’ Leadership on Cancer Control in OIC Member States
- 12.04.2016Head of State Historical and Architectural Reserve ‘Icherisheher’ administration dismissed
- 12.04.2016Candidates for new composition of Azerbaijani CEC named - LIST
- 11.04.2016State Housing Agency under the President of Azerbaijan established
- 11.04.2016Two state commissions dissolved in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2016Azerbaijanis hold protest outside Armenian embassy in Brussels
- 11.04.2016OSCE PA discusses Karabakh conflict
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: "Only 36 inspections held on the business objects for the first quarter of 2016"
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: “We have no problems with any of the neighboring countries, except Armenia”
- 10.04.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “Social policy has always been and will be a priority”
- 10.04.2016Azerbaijani President: “2016 will be a year of deep economic reforms”
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani CEC may renew its composition
- 09.04.2016President Aliyev: Armenian sabotage got deserved response from Azerbaijan
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani president chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers
- 09.04.2016Azerbaijani PM meets Chairman of the government of the Russian Federation