Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 02/09/2015 Irada Gulmammadova: I’ll do my utmost to justify president’s confidence
- 02/09/2015 Woman head of executive authority appointed in Azerbaijan
- 02/09/2015 Azerbaijani president changes heads of executive authority of several cities and districts
- 02/09/2015 Int’l organizations’ attempts to politicize court decision on Khadija Ismayilova’s case unacceptable, says Azerbaijani president’s aide
- 31/08/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on dismissal of head of Kangarli Region Executive Power
- 31/08/2015 One of two brothers stabbed in Baku dies
- 30/08/2015 Military plane crashes in northern Nigeria, killing seven
- 30/08/2015 Thousands rally in Beirut against political leaders, rot
- 28/08/2015 Azerbaijan parliamentary elections set for Nov. 1
- 27/08/2015 Mehriban Aliyeva: "Thank you for your love and trust"
- 26/08/2015 Ali Ahmadov, US ambassador discuss preparations for parliamentary elections
- 26/08/2015 Official website of Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva redesigned - PHOTO
- 26/08/2015 Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25/08/2015 Tariff Council approves the price of 801 medicines
- 23/08/2015 22 years passed since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli and Jabrayil regions by Armenian armed forces
- 21/08/2015 Azerbaijani police to prevent attempts of unauthorized events during election period – deputy interior minister
- 21/08/2015 Upcoming parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan must be model for other countries, says first vice-speaker
- 21/08/2015 Parliamentary committee chairman: Court verdict concerning Leyla and Arif Yunus ‘quite humane’
- 18/08/2015 Karabakh Liberation Organization holds protest outside Georgian Embassy in Azerbaijan
- 13/08/2015 Tahir Budagov appointed chairman of State Statistics Committee
- 13/08/2015 Ali Ahmadov meets with British ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 13/08/2015 CEC holds seminar on political parties’ presenting their annual financial statement
- 13/08/2015 Azerbaijan names parties withholding financial report
- 13/08/2015 Ukraine and rebels trade blame for violating ceasefire
- 12/08/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Despite the sharp decline in oil prices, we haven't cut any social project"
- 11/08/2015 Azerbaijani President visits several facilities in Jalilabad - UPDATED
- 11/08/2015 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Heydar Aliyev Center in Jalilabad - UPDATED
- 11/08/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Jalilabad district
- 11/08/2015 Ali Hasanov: Jagland’s such statement won’t be needed after he familiarizes with work done by Azerbaijani government
- 10/08/2015 Azerbaijani President takes investigation of journalist’s death under personal supervision
- 10/08/2015 Date for Azerbaijani Parliament’s last session in 4th convocation made public
- 03/08/2015 We want Iran cooperation, not meddling, Gulf Arabs tell Kerry
- 01/08/2015 Mirmahmud Miralioglu, re-elected as chairman of CPFP, won’t run as candidate in next congress
- 29/07/2015 SBS comments on reports of Russian border guards’ illegal crossing into Azerbaijani territory
- 24/07/2015 Court rejects Musavat Party lawsuit against Baku mayor’s office
- 24/07/2015 TURKPA Secretary General addresses OSCE Permanent Council
- 17/07/2015 Azerbaijani President issues order on restoration of religious historical and cultural monuments
- 16/07/2015 Azerbaijan’s ruling party prepares initial list of parliamentary candidates
- 15/07/2015 Iranian ambassador says hopes West will boost anti-terror efforts after Vienna agreement
- 14/07/2015 Azerbaijani defense minister gives special instruction to army