Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 25/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewes preparatory work for first European Games - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/11/2014 Musavat Party to hold rally on December 14
- 24/11/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament to approve 2015 state budget on November 28
- 21/11/2014 Kerry to leave nuke talks, Iran ponders next step
- 21/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives Bulgarian Vice President
- 21/11/2014 Ilqar Mammadov admitted to medical station
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani President signs order on extra support to development of Garabagh horse breed in Azerbaijan
- 16/11/2014 Azerbaijani President: "Until 2018, main infrastructure and social issues to find solutions in our country"
- 15/11/2014 Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijan has ensured its political and economic independence
- 15/11/2014 Azerbaijani President arrives in Shamkir District on a visit
- 14/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new IDP settlement in Ganja - PHOTO
- 14/11/2014 Azerbaijan beforehand warned co-chairs of any Armenian provocations, Foreign Ministry says
- 13/11/2014 Ban meets Myanmar officials, says concerned about Rohingya minority
- 12/11/2014 UN Security Council to meet over Ukraine on November 12
- 12/11/2014 Azerbaijan marks Day of Constitution
- 09/11/2014 Azerbaijan marks National Flag Day
- 07/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev awards SOCAR employees
- 06/11/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 3.6 mln for highway contruction in Lankaran
- 06/11/2014 Baku Mayor’s Office authorizes National Council’s rally
- 05/11/2014 Rainless weather expected in Azerbaijan tomorrow
- 29/10/2014 World community should jointly fight against terrorism, separatism – President
- 29/10/2014 Politicians giving populist promises cause problems for their people – Azerbaijani President
- 29/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev: A large number of people live in tolerance in Azerbaijan
- 28/10/2014 Traffic to be restricted in Baku
- 28/10/2014 Siyavush Novruzov: US has not yet made statement on return of Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 28/10/2014 Azerbaijani President: Poverty, unemployment rate significantly reduced among all population groups, including youth
- 28/10/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament starts next meeting
- 25/10/2014 29 people killed in violence in Afghanistan's Farah province
- 25/10/2014 Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- 24/10/2014 President of Croatian Supreme Court: Azerbaijan has made great progress toward democracy
- 22/10/2014 Gunman killed, shots fired at 3 different locations - UPDATED
- 22/10/2014 Syrian air force destroys old war jets captured by IS
- 22/10/2014 Date and agenda of Azerbaijani Parliament’s next meeting made public
- 21/10/2014 Nomination of candidates for upcoming municipal elections in Azerbaijan to start tomorrow
- 21/10/2014 Azerbaijan to hold municipal elections on December 23
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2m to speed up socio-economic development of Dashkasan District
- 20/10/2014 AB Standard sharply increases capital
- 18/10/2014 Released former NIDA members visit Heydar Aliyev’s grave - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goranboy District
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan marks 23rd anniversary of independence