Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 02/09/2014 President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 2 mln to Youths and Sport Ministry
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of several facilities in Fuzuli District
- 29/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews secondary school No. 46 in Baku after major repair and reconstruction
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev visits Fuzuli region
- 28/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends openings of a number of facilities
- 27/08/2014 Azerbaijani President: “By all means we defend and will defend our independence”
- 26/08/2014 Putin and Poroshenko set out different paths to peace in Ukraine
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani President attends opening of Carpet Museum
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijani president attends opening of rebuilt secondary school No 23 in Baku
- 26/08/2014 Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 26/08/2014 Israeli air strikes kill two Palestinians, 20 wounded
- 26/08/2014 Russia grants asylum to banker wanted by Lithuania: prosecutors
- 25/08/2014 U.N. accuses Islamic State of mass killings
- 25/08/2014 Another McDonald’s in Russia closes in food standards probe
- 23/08/2014 Baltics and Poland need more military infrastructure: Latvia
- 22/08/2014 14 years pass since Abulfaz Elchibey’s death
- 18/08/2014 Woman throws herself into Kur along with her 2-year-old grandson in Azerbaijan
- 14/08/2014 Azerbaijan’s first lady awarded with ‘Astrakhan Oblast Order of Merit’
- 12/08/2014 Turkish citizens appeal to Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry for fighting against Armenians - EXCLUSIVE
- 11/08/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament starts autumn session on August 30
- 08/08/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry informs foreign military attachés about recent tension on frontline
- 08/08/2014 Hamas armed wing ready to resume fight in Gaza: spokesman
- 08/08/2014 Russia officially publishes list of sanctions against Western states
- 07/08/2014 Russian government bans Ukrainian airlines from flying through Russian airspace to Azerbaijan
- 06/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed progress of construction of Heydar Aliyev park in Barda
- 06/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of new settlement built for IDP families
- 06/08/2014 Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev holds operational conference on the frontline
- 05/08/2014 Ali Hasanov: ‘Within Azerbaijan, there’s an anti-national group with big suspicions of having ties with the Armenian lobby’
- 05/08/2014 Ali Hasanov: ‘The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan are the mightiest army in the region and are capable of fulfilling any task set before them’
- 04/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews secondary school No. 56 in Khatai District after major overhaul and reconstruction
- 03/08/2014 President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Barack Obama
- 02/08/2014 Turkish FM extends condolences to Azerbaijani people
- 01/08/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2 mln for projection of building of Baku Choreographic Academy
- 31/07/2014 US stocks rise
- 30/07/2014 Azerbaijani “Karabakh” FC wins 2-1 Austrian Salzburg
- 30/07/2014 Azerbaijani president issues order on construction of new building of State Migration Service
- 26/07/2014 Five killed in mortar fire on Lugansk
- 26/07/2014 Armenians attack Tovuz region: 2 civilians injured - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/07/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Ramadan
- 25/07/2014 Musavat member Faraj Karimli sentenced to pre-trial detention