Ramiz Mehdiyev: "Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony"
Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
Related news releases
- 11.02.2016Azerbaijani parliament to revise amendments to law “On currency regulation”
- 11.02.2016Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets with public representatives in Gabala
- 09.02.2016Armenian soldier flees from military unit
- 09.02.2016PACE president: ‘Frozen’ and ‘burning’ conflicts represent real threat to Europe’s stability
- 09.02.2016Interfaith dialogue, multiculturalism – only way to address global challenges
- 06.02.2016Fuad Alasgarov: All attempts to destabilize Azerbaijan to be thwarted decisively
- 06.02.2016Haiti protesters stone to death ex-fighter as political crisis deepens
- 05.02.2016Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for next session
- 04.02.201625th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence to be marked at state level
- 03.02.2016Chief of State Security Service of Azerbaijan’s Nakhchivan promoted to major general
- 03.02.2016Azerbaijan establishes Board of Appeal under president
- 02.02.2016President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of academician Jalal Aliyev
- 02.02.2016Most of Azerbaijan’s losses from oil price drop to be compensated – top official
- 02.02.2016Azerbaijani top official meets public representatives in Guba
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani MP calls on counterparts and ministers to leave other posts
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani MP proposes to restore Nagorno-Karabakh Autonomous Oblast
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani parliament observes moment of silence to remember academician Jalal Aliyev
- 01.02.2016Head of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE dismisses reports of his dismissal as baseless
- 01.02.2016Academician Jalal Aliyev dies
- 31.01.2016Today is Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 132nd birth anniversary
- 30.01.2016Azerbaijani president awards some employees of State Customs Committee
- 30.01.2016Azerbaijan faces double standards in PACE – parliament vice-speaker
- 30.01.2016Minsk Group did utmost to prevent PACE from adopting resolution on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.01.2016U.N. launches Syria peace talks despite opposition boycott
- 29.01.2016Azerbaijan denies asking foreign financial institutions for assistance
- 28.01.2016Ali Hasanov: President Ilham Aliyev will never allow Azerbaijani citizens and society to face serious cataclysms
- 28.01.2016MP: Azerbaijan takes systematic approach to countering corruption
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani president's aide comments on recent protests
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani official: Manat rate unlikely to drop further
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijan continued to develop even during 2008-2009 economic crisis – official
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani official: Instability on global energy market politically motivated
- 27.01.2016Iran 'ready for investment': Rouhani in Paris
- 27.01.2016International court to investigate 2008 Georgia-Russia war
- 27.01.2016Elkhan Suleymanov: “We have witnessed great unfairness, injustice”
- 26.01.2016Azerbaijan to review legal status and activities of political parties
- 26.01.2016Azerbaijan to surely develop in spite of global economic recession – president
- 26.01.2016Azerbaijani president: Social responsibility should be taken into account, company should avoid job cuts
- 26.01.2016President Aliyev: Southern Gas Corridor for decades to provide economic benefits to Azerbaijan
- 26.01.2016Global economy fails to get out of crisis – Azerbaijani president
- 26.01.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to continue developing successfully despite global economic crisis