Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 24/10/2014 President of Croatian Supreme Court: Azerbaijan has made great progress toward democracy
- 22/10/2014 Gunman killed, shots fired at 3 different locations - UPDATED
- 22/10/2014 Syrian air force destroys old war jets captured by IS
- 22/10/2014 Date and agenda of Azerbaijani Parliament’s next meeting made public
- 21/10/2014 Nomination of candidates for upcoming municipal elections in Azerbaijan to start tomorrow
- 21/10/2014 Azerbaijan to hold municipal elections on December 23
- 20/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2m to speed up socio-economic development of Dashkasan District
- 20/10/2014 AB Standard sharply increases capital
- 18/10/2014 Released former NIDA members visit Heydar Aliyev’s grave - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goranboy District
- 18/10/2014 Azerbaijan marks 23rd anniversary of independence
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of a new bus station in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviewed the conditions created at a new office building of the Dashkasan District Executive Authority
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev attended the opening of the Heydar Aliyev Center in Dashkasan
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Dashkasan District on a visit
- 17/10/2014 Three NIDA members, one human rights defender pardoned by President Ilham Aliyev
- 17/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev issues Order to pardon a number of convicts
- 17/10/2014 Date of municipal elections in Azerbaijan to be announced next week
- 15/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews progress of construction at Baku Olympic Stadium
- 14/10/2014 Azerbaijan to provide numerous benefits for foreigners granted refugee status and stateless persons
- 14/10/2014 Algeria confirms Western intel, announces plans for nuclear program
- 13/10/2014 New head of Ganja’s Nizami District Executive Authority appointed
- 08/10/2014 Azerbaijani president issues order on awarding young talented persons with special scholarship
- 08/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socioeconomic development in nine months of 2014 and objectives for future
- 07/10/2014 Israel shells southern Lebanon in retaliation to border blast
- 05/10/2014 Russia says South Stream gas pipeline is going ahead: Interfax
- 03/10/2014 Azerbaijani President allocates AZN 2 mln to Absheron Executive Power
- 03/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev reviews reconstruction work at Heydar Aliyev Culture and Recreation Park in Khirdalan - UPDATED
- 01/10/2014 Putin highlights Internet security amid soaring cyber attacks
- 01/10/2014 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Eid al-Adha
- 01/10/2014 Zakir Garalov: Pardoning imprisoned NIDA members is under president’s authority
- 01/10/2014 Ukraine rebels close in on Donetsk airport
- 30/09/2014 NIDA members appeal to President Ilham Aliyev for pardon - TEXT
- 30/09/2014 Deputy chairmen of Musavat Party appointed
- 30/09/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament strongly criticizes European Parliament
- 30/09/2014 YAP official: The imprisoned NGO leaders are no hostages, so we’re not supposed to release them unconditionally
- 30/09/2014 Azerbaijani Parliament opens autumn session
- 29/09/2014 Gubad Ibadoglu: We’ll announce next steps by the weekend
- 27/09/2014 Azerbaijani opposition party “Musavat” elected new chairman
- 27/09/2014 VIII Congress of Musavat Party kicks off