Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
- 25/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev ended his working visit to Turkey - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/04/2015 A group of human rights defenders appeal to Azerbaijani President for pardoning Tofig Yagublu and other inmates - UPDATED
- 24/04/2015 Killing of U.S. al Qaeda media frontman seen as big blow for militants
- 23/04/2015 Baku hosts conference titled “From ‘Armenian genocide of 1915’ to Khojaly tragedy: lies and tragedies of a hundred years”
- 22/04/2015 Intigam Aliyev sentenced to 7.6 years in prison
- 22/04/2015 Ziyafat Asgarov: Why some European NGOs and persons claiming to be human rights defenders keep silent about Khojaly?
- 16/04/2015 Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan is not inferior to any country for state of democracy
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan changes date of final exam session at universities due to first European Games
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijan to make amendment to law on freedom of assembly
- 14/04/2015 Azerbaijani MPs criticize Pope Francis
- 14/04/2015 Ogtay Asadov: Those speaking out against European Games worse than Armenian
- 12/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s financial situation is good enough"
- 11/04/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran - UPDATED
- 11/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Astara district
- 11/04/2015 Azerbaijani President congratulated Orthodox Christian Community of Azerbaijan
- 11/04/2015 President: “There will not be the Armenian population in Armenia, created on historical Azerbaijani lands”
- 10/04/2015 No Armenian toponym can be found in early 20th century’s Russian maps – President Aliyev
- 10/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: If we had not paid so much attention to non-oil sector, stagnation would be awaiting us
- 10/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s dynamic development not affected by sharp drop in oil prices
- 10/04/2015 Siyavush Novruzov: Rallies of parties, calling themselves opposition, will continue till European Games, because they were ordered in this way
- 09/04/2015 Elman Rustamov appointed Central Bank chairman
- 09/04/2015 Europe witnesses Kiev’s violation of Minsk agreements – Lavrov
- 08/04/2015 New composition of the Commission for the Award of Haydar Aliyev defined
- 08/04/2015 Michael Link: I support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 07/04/2015 Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts names state agencies with financial irregularities
- 07/04/2015 Syria talks kick off in Moscow but little progress expected
- 05/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met with King of Saudi Arabia Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- 05/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for an official visit
- 04/04/2015 Persons illegally obtaining information containing state secret to be sentenced to up to 5-year imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 03/04/2015 Ogtay Asadov: If we grant refugee status to Armenians in Nagorno-Karabakh, all people in Armenia leave for Azerbaijan
- 03/04/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament starts plenary session
- 31/03/2015 March 31 - Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijani Parliament to hear 2014 report on fight against human trafficking on April 3
- 29/03/2015 Azerbaijan switches to daylight saving time tonight
- 20/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: "Some foreign circles are waging an open campaign against Azerbaijan"
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijan has already ensured its energy security – President
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijani President: Independence our biggest wealth, greatest value
- 19/03/2015 US State Department publicizes 2015 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President appoints Taleh Ziyadov as Director General of Baku International Sea Trade Port CJSC
- 18/03/2015 Firudin Nabiyev promoted to second-grade state migration service advisor