APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
- 27/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Maltese Ambassador
- 27/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives Korean PM
- 27/11/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations meets Iranian Industry, Mines, and Trade Minister - PHOTO
- 27/11/2014 Azerbaijani rejects accreditation request of Ukraine’s 1+1 TV channel
- 27/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: EU member states have enough problems related to human rights
- 27/11/2014 Ambassador: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity top priority in Turkey’s regional policy - PHOTOSESSION
- 27/11/2014 South Korean PM on visit to Azerbaijan
- 26/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Ambassador of Thailand
- 26/11/2014 Azerbaijani President receives credentials of newly-appointed Guatemalan Ambassador
- 26/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Philippine Ambassador
- 26/11/2014 Sergei Markedonov: West-Russia disagreement and tension leading to re-ignition of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 24/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency chairman
- 24/11/2014 European Commission Vice President to visit Azerbaijan
- 22/11/2014 US vice-President: “We’ll establish reliable energy zone in the Mediterranean Sea region with the participation of Azerbaijan and Iraq”
- 22/11/2014 Ahmet Davutoğlu: Armenia left out of energy projects for invading Azerbaijani lands
- 21/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates President of Council of Ministers of Lebanon
- 21/11/2014 Revealed countries with which Azerbaijan has intense migration relations
- 21/11/2014 US doing its utmost to ensure peaceful resolution, Charge d'Affaires says
- 21/11/2014 Azerbaijan investigating company in Hungary arranging tours to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21/11/2014 Novruz Mammadov: Armenian diaspora trying by all means to damage Azerbaijan’s reputation in international arena
- 21/11/2014 Signing document with Nagorno-Karabakh separatist regime, Bouc Bel-Air Mayor violates France’s laws – Azerbaijani MFA
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijan recalls ambassadors from Libya, Syria and Lebanon
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijani President issues an order on improving procedures on issue of visas
- 20/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Use of phrase ‘neutral territory’ in co-chairs’ latest statement unacceptable
- 20/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives presidents of International Olympic Committee and European Olympic Committees
- 20/11/2014 South Korean PM to visit Azerbaijan
- 20/11/2014 US supports Azerbaijan on political and economic reforms - Charge d'Affaires
- 20/11/2014 European Stability Initiative finds itself as a last remedy in dealing with legal issues
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani ambassador to UK presents his credentials to Queen Elizabeth II - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/11/2014 UK crisis brings Azerbaijan’s role in ensuring EU energy security centre-stage - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/11/2014 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Armenia already proved to be terror-supporting state through investigative-operational way
- 19/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev receives newly-appointed Jordanian Ambassador
- 19/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: “I support more restriction of activity of foreign donors in Azerbaijan”
- 19/11/2014 Head of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE: "The co-rapporteurs will arrive in Azerbaijan until early next year"
- 18/11/2014 Palestinian, Israeli ambassadors to Azerbaijan share opinions on Jerusalem synagogue terror attack
- 18/11/2014 Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev approves documents signed with several countries - UPDATED
- 17/11/2014 President Ilham Aliyev received members of the Supreme Religious Council of Caucasian People
- 17/11/2014 Azerbaijani President congratulates Omani Sultan
- 17/11/2014 GUAM Secretary General: Such conflicts will occur and it will be difficult to solve them, unless part of our territories remains under occupation
- 17/11/2014 Bahar Muradova: Azerbaijan still expects OSCE to take unified position regarding problems on its territorial integrity