APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
- 26/01/2015 Azerbaijani FM: “As a result of the irresponsible policy of the criminal-oligarchic dictatorship, Armenia became an isolated state”
- 26/01/2015 Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic
- 26/01/2015 CoE Committee of Ministers Chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 26/01/2015 Turkey, Armenia should resolve problem through negotiations – PACE President
- 26/01/2015 Ambassador congratulates all Romanians in Azerbaijan on Union Day
- 26/01/2015 Azerbaijani FM leaves for Slovakia on official visit
- 24/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Saudi Arabian embassy in Azerbaijan
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met the CEO of Gaz de France Suez
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum Klaus Schwab
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: “Armenia carried out more than 30 terrorist attacks against Azerbaijan"
- 23/01/2015 PACE winter session agenda made public
- 23/01/2015 Azerbaijan blacklists RFE/RL employee
- 23/01/2015 Next trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Turkmen FMs to be held on Jan. 29
- 23/01/2015 Ogtay Asadov, Allahshukur Pashazade and Fattah Heydarov to attend funeral of Saudi Arabia’s King
- 23/01/2015 French people managed to escape from plots – Ambassador
- 23/01/2015 Pascal Meunier: OSCE MG co-chair countries want resumption of dialogue
- 23/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev meets Prince of Monaco
- 23/01/2015 Azerbaijani President meets Georgian Prime Minister in Davos
- 23/01/2015 Ambassador: France is going to become strategic partner for Azerbaijan
- 23/01/2015 Book of Condolences opens at Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Azerbaijan
- 23/01/2015 Azerbaijani President offer condolences on death of King of Saudi Arabia
- 23/01/2015 Azerbaijani President attends presentation of Baku 2015 first European Games in Davos - PHOTOSESSION
- 22/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met the BP Group Chief Executive - PHOTO
- 22/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: “Now Azerbaijan has become a donor country” - UPDATED
- 22/01/2015 Azerbaijani President meets George Soros in Davos
- 22/01/2015 Azerbaijani President met former President of Israel
- 22/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met President of Switzerland Simonetta Sommaruga
- 22/01/2015 Summit of Azerbaijani, Turkish and Georgian presidents to be held in Baku this year
- 22/01/2015 Ali Hasanov: Foreign donors must respect Azerbaijani laws and comply with them
- 22/01/2015 Azerbaijani Diaspora in Ukraine also supports this country – Ambassador
- 22/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev meets European Commission Vice-President for Energy Union
- 22/01/2015 Azerbaijani President meets CEO of Airbus Group International
- 22/01/2015 Ukrainian ambassador: It’s very hard for Azerbaijan to agree with invader under current circumstances
- 22/01/2015 Diplomatic representation of Algeria opens in Azerbaijan
- 22/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met the head of the Iranian President`s Administration
- 22/01/2015 Azerbaijani President arrives in Switzerland
- 21/01/2015 President Ilham Aliyev`s visit to Germany ended
- 21/01/2015 Dereck Hogan: New ambassador will soon arrive in Azerbaijan
- 21/01/2015 US strongly supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and independence – Dereck Hogan
- 21/01/2015 US diplomat: Foundation of US-Azerbaijan relationship remains unchanged