APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
- 17/04/2014 Date of Spanish FM’s visit to Azerbaijan made public
- 17/04/2014 Council of Europe approves Action Plan for Azerbaijan
- 17/04/2014 President Ilham Aliyev received incoming head of the Council of Europe`s Office in Baku
- 17/04/2014 President Ilham Aliyev received Secretary General of Cooperation Council of Turkic-Speaking States
- 16/04/2014 OSCE PA President: “The Nagorno-Karabakh process is really a little bit frozen”
- 16/04/2014 Azerbaijan and Croatia hold consultations on consular issues in Baku
- 16/04/2014 President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by President of OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
- 16/04/2014 OSCE PA President: “The recent developments in Ukraine have shown that we should soon achieve progress in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict” - PHOTO
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani president congratulates Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
- 15/04/2014 Ranko Krivokapic: “We appreciate the OSCE PA session to be held in Azerbaijan”
- 15/04/2014 CoE Secretary General’s visit to Azerbaijan postponed
- 15/04/2014 OSCE Parliamentary Assembly President starts visit to Azerbaijan
- 15/04/2014 Iranian Defense Minister: “We support the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan”
- 15/04/2014 President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Azerbaijan-Iran Intergovernmental Commission
- 15/04/2014 Oleksandr Turchynov: “Anti-terrorist operation has been launched in Donetsk region”
- 15/04/2014 OSCE PA President to arrive in Azerbaijan today
- 14/04/2014 Minister: “Because of its aggressive policy, Armenia stays away from the large-scale projects in the region initiated by Azerbaijan”
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Emergency Situations Kemaleddin Heydarov meets with Lithuanian Interior Minister
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lithuanian Interior
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijani President receives former French FM
- 14/04/2014 Novruz Mammadov: “Regrettably, in the 21st century all the features of the cold war are evident”
- 14/04/2014 Iranian Ambassador: “Azerbaijani President’s visit to Tehran has become one of the most important moments in the development of bilateral relations”
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijani Minister of Communication and High Technologies to visit Iran
- 14/04/2014 Lithuanian Minister of Home Affairs visits Heydar Aliyev’s grave and Alley of Martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 14/04/2014 Richard Morningstar: “We are disappointed over Azerbaijan’s unwillingness for coming of a new group of the Peace Corps Volunteers to the country”
- 14/04/2014 Israeli FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 14/04/2014 US ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Ganja
- 12/04/2014 Draft resolution on so-called “Armenian genocide” not included in agenda of Senate
- 12/04/2014 Canadian FM’s visit to Azerbaijan postponed
- 11/04/2014 Ilham Aliyev appoints Christian Balza as Azerbaijan’s Honorary Consul to Malta
- 11/04/2014 Ahmad Davudoglu: “Turkey does everything possible for liberation of Azerbaijan’s occupied territories”
- 11/04/2014 Yashar Aliyev appointed as permanent representative of Azerbaijan to the UN
- 11/04/2014 Canadian Foreign Minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 11/04/2014 U.S. expresses concern over possible pressure of Ukraine crisis on Azerbaijan
- 11/04/2014 Turkish Foreign Ministry: “Non-constructive initiatives in the U.S. Congress can damage bilateral ties”
- 11/04/2014 Araz Azimov: “NATO’s opportunities to participate in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement are limited”
- 11/04/2014 Number of U.S. Congress working group members on Azerbaijan reaches 65
- 11/04/2014 NATO Deputy Secretary General: “There is a solid foundation for the development of relations with Azerbaijan”
- 11/04/2014 Turkish Ambassador to Azerbaijan: “The decision passed by Senate Committee is unimportant”
- 10/04/2014 Ali Hasanov: “President Ilham Aliyev’s visit to Iran was foundation of new stages in the development of relations” - INTERVIEW