APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
- 04/03/2015 Azerbaijani-Bulgarian documents signed
- 04/03/2015 Ali Hasanov: Some forces are seeking to turn first European Games into main topic of ‘smear campaign’ against Azerbaijan
- 04/03/2015 Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents hold expanded meeting
- 04/03/2015 Azerbaijan, Bulgaria sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 04/03/2015 Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 04/03/2015 Azerbaijan Red Crescent Society employees awarded ‘Tereqqi’ order - LIST
- 04/03/2015 To be arrested without trial in the US – Article
- 04/03/2015 US Ambassador to Azerbaijan meets with Deputy PM Ali Hasanov
- 04/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev visits Tomb of Unknown Soldier in Sofia
- 04/03/2015 Official welcoming ceremony for Azerbaijani President held in Sofia
- 04/03/2015 Khalaf Khalafov says he hopes principles accepted at Astrakhan summit will be considered in preparation of Convention
- 04/03/2015 39th meeting of Ad Hoc Working Group on Caspian Sea legal status starts in Baku
- 03/03/2015 Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev paid an official visit to Bulgaria
- 03/03/2015 Slovenia considers expedient Armenian armed forces’ withdrawal from occupied Azerbaijani territories – National Council President
- 03/03/2015 Azerbaijani President receives delegation led by President of Slovenian National Council
- 03/03/2015 Azerbaijani President receives delegation led by Minister of Industry and Trade of Czech Republic
- 03/03/2015 PACE Bureau and Standing Committee to hold meetings on March 5-6
- 03/03/2015 Next meeting of Ad Hoc Working Group on Caspian Sea’s legal status to start in Baku tomorrow
- 03/03/2015 Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change internationally recognized borders of states unacceptable
- 03/03/2015 Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 02/03/2015 PACE co-rapporteurs hold meetings at Azerbaijani Parliament
- 02/03/2015 US committed to supporting strongest, most democratic, most prosperous, and independent Azerbaijan – Ambassador
- 02/03/2015 Slovenian State Council Chairman arrives in Azerbaijan
- 02/03/2015 Azerbaijani President receives delegation led by PACE Monitoring Committee co-rapporteur
- 02/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives British Prime Ministerial Trade Envoy Charles Hendry
- 02/03/2015 PACE co-rapporteurs arrives in Azerbaijan
- 27/02/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of newly-appointed Polish Ambassador
- 27/02/2015 Spokesman for Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: “Hearing” on Azerbaijani hostages in Nagorno Karabakh has no legal effect”
- 27/02/2015 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: "Elections" to be held by separatist regime shall have no legal effect
- 26/02/2015 Russian Federal Council committee chairman: Azerbaijan our most important partner in Caucasus region
- 26/02/2015 Ambassador: "The Azerbaijan-Belarus Intergovernmental Commission will hold a meeting”
- 26/02/2015 Polad Bulbuloglu: Giving Hero City status to Baku would be important socio-political act
- 26/02/2015 We do not understand meaning of warm relations between Iran and Armenia – Azerbaijani Vice-speaker
- 26/02/2015 Khojaly Memorial and Museum Complex opened in Ankara - PHOTOSESSION
- 26/02/2015 Pennsylvania State adopts resolution on Khojaly genocide
- 25/02/2015 New US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta visits Alley of Martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 25/02/2015 UN Security Council needs renewing – Turkish FM
- 25/02/2015 Mevlut Cavusoglu: “Today, Ukraine feels the effects of the “Cold war” between Russia and the West, tomorrow another country can feel it”
- 25/02/2015 Mevlut Cavusoglu: Our solidarity with Azerbaijan not aimed at harming anyone but sharing its benefits with everyone
- 25/02/2015 Polad Bulbuloglu conferred honorary title ‘Honored Art Worker’ of Republic of Dagestan