APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
- 26/03/2015 Visit of OSCE PA special representative on South Caucasus to Azerbaijan postponed
- 26/03/2015 EU: There was good progress on EU’s Strategic Energy Partnership with Azerbaijan last year
- 25/03/2015 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry comments on Israel's recommendation to its citizens not to travel several countries, including Azerbaijan
- 25/03/2015 Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: There was no Azerbaijani on board of aircraft crashed in France
- 24/03/2015 Azerbaijani President expressed his condolences to the German Chancellor and Spanish King
- 24/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Greek counterpart
- 23/03/2015 Azerbaijani President sends letter of condolence to Singaporean counterpart
- 23/03/2015 Azerbaijani Deputy Prime Minister to address 3rd Donor Conference
- 19/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev approves agreement on Azerbaijan-Argentina cooperation in use of outer space for peaceful purposes
- 19/03/2015 Erdogan calls on Armenia and Armenia Diaspora to open archives
- 19/03/2015 Baku hosts conference “NATO-Azerbaijan relations: perspectives for cooperation after NATO 2014 Wales summit”
- 19/03/2015 NATO Officer: Azerbaijani is strong participant in every NATO partnership activity
- 19/03/2015 NATO representative: Alliance now approaches partners as members
- 19/03/2015 Elkhan Suleymanov appeals to Euronest PA co-chairs
- 19/03/2015 Romania sees Azerbaijan as important and highly valued partner of NATO – Ambassador
- 19/03/2015 EU: Agreement should be achieved on new legal framework for cooperation with Azerbaijan
- 19/03/2015 Azerbaijani President congratulates Pope Francis
- 18/03/2015 US ambassador sees opportunity for release of Azerbaijani hostages
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President receives Sudanese FM
- 18/03/2015 US, Azerbaijan agree to hold dialogue on four areas – ambassador
- 18/03/2015 Ambassador: Hope this spring will bring new breath to US-Azerbaijan relations
- 18/03/2015 Elmar Mammadyarov: Sudan fully supports Azerbaijan’s position on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 18/03/2015 Ahmet Davutoglu: God willing, we will hold festive ceremony like this after liberation of Karabakh
- 18/03/2015 Palestinian problem top priority for Sudan, FM says
- 18/03/2015 Sudan supports Azerbaijan’s just position on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict – FM
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijan, Sudan sign cooperation protocol
- 18/03/2015 Azerbaijani President’s Assistant Ali Hasanov visits China - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/03/2015 Iranian ambassador congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 17/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev ended his working visit to Kars - PHOTOSESSION
- 17/03/2015 Dinner reception was hosted on behalf of the Governor of Kars province in honor of the heads of state
- 17/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev met with the BP Chief Executive Officer in Kars
- 17/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia cooperation, unity and brotherhood ‘forever’
- 17/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Armenian state, which raises unfounded claims against Azerbaijan and Turkey, built upon lie
- 17/03/2015 Turkey-Azerbaijan-Georgia energy unity opens up new horizons – President
- 17/03/2015 President Ilham Aliyev: Today, Turkey world’s power center
- 17/03/2015 Erdogan hopes TANAP to be beneficial for Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia and our European partners
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijan’s Minister of Emergency Situations Kemaleddin Heydarov meets with UNICEF delegation
- 17/03/2015 Sudanese FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 17/03/2015 Russian Foreign Ministry responds to Azerbaijan’s request
- 17/03/2015 Azerbaijani President embarks on working visit to Turkey