APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
- 25/04/2015 Ukraine says to import nuclear fuel from France
- 25/04/2015 Netherlands–Azerbaijan Business Forum held in Maastricht - PHOTOSESSION
- 24/04/2015 French President Francois Hollande arrives in Azerbaijan for working visit
- 24/04/2015 Turkey wants Canakkale to be example of peace, not hostility, to all nations – Erdogan
- 24/04/2015 Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Minister visits NATO Headquarters
- 24/04/2015 Azerbaijani President arrives in Canakkale
- 24/04/2015 Azerbaijan visit: UN torture prevention body welcomes unhindered access, urges more safeguards
- 24/04/2015 Russia to severely react to Eastern Partnership summit - Foreign Ministry
- 24/04/2015 Anne Brasseur: I could not use the term ‘genocide’ since it is not CoE’s official position
- 24/04/2015 Novruz Mammadov: Canakkale Victory ensured Turkish people’s progression at new stage
- 24/04/2015 Davutoglu: Russian, French presidents’ participation in ‘genocide’ commemorative event in Yerevan overshadows OSCE MG impartiality
- 24/04/2015 Ambassador: Turkey will prove truth through historical facts
- 23/04/2015 Azerbaijani delegation attends Asian-African summit in Jakarta
- 23/04/2015 Peace Summit kicks off in Istanbul - PHOTOSESSION
- 23/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev honored with ‘International Friendship and Peace Award’
- 23/04/2015 Azerbaijani MPs to observe presidential elections in Kazakhstan
- 22/04/2015 Ambassador: “We want Azerbaijani students to be educated in Israel”
- 22/04/2015 Israeli Ambassador regards 1915 events as tragedy
- 22/04/2015 Azerbaijani President congratulates Israeli counterpart
- 22/04/2015 CoE Committee of Ministers Chairman to visit Azerbaijan next week
- 21/04/2015 Every country's stability, development relies mainly on energy: Natiq Aliyev
- 21/04/2015 Iranian ambassador: It is increasingly clear which country destroys Yemen
- 21/04/2015 Iranian ambassador: IS, Al Qaeda backed by US
- 21/04/2015 Azerbaijan, Iran to create joint defense commission – ambassador
- 21/04/2015 State Department: US will continue support programs that promote reconciliation
- 21/04/2015 Novruz Mammadov: With respect to its partners, EU should act in manner that does not diminish its credibility and sincerity
- 21/04/2015 French President to visit Azerbaijan on April 25 - UPDATED
- 21/04/2015 Azer Gasimov: Azerbaijani President will attend Victory Day celebrations in Moscow
- 21/04/2015 Novruz Mammadov: Europe sees death of thousands of Africans in Mediterranean Sea as daily event
- 20/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics
- 20/04/2015 PACE creates Sub-Committee on conflicts
- 20/04/2015 Azerbaijan to attend Berlin Energy Security Summit
- 20/04/2015 President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by CEO of Rostec State Corporation
- 20/04/2015 PACE president: Dialogue between parties the only solution
- 20/04/2015 Armenians fail to use word ‘genocide’ at PACE exhibition
- 20/04/2015 Azerbaijani FM to attend meeting of EU and Eastern Partnership countries FMs
- 18/04/2015 Azerbaijani MP addresses letter to PACE President
- 18/04/2015 Luxembourg to host meeting of EU and Eastern Partnership foreign ministers
- 17/04/2015 Svante Cornell: Pope, EU deals with historical issues rather than their own job
- 17/04/2015 US State Department’s statement aims to interfer in Azerbaijan’s domestic affairs – Azerbaijani MFA