CEC announces preliminary results of the presidential elections: Ilham Aliyev gained 84,76 % of votes - UPDATING
The head of the commision made public preliminary results of the elections according to the distribution of valid votes.
He said that over the country 125 constituencies, 5492 polling stations have functioned. The total number of voters are 5 145 643. According to the summarized results, 3 720 643 citizens have participated in the elections. The overall activity of the electors over the country was 72, 31%.
The elections process was held under observation of the international representatives: "During a day, any single complaint was not received by the Central Election Commission. And we have achieved transparent and normal elections process.”
M. Panahov noted that according to the information taken from 3947 polling stations (72 percent of all stations), candidate from New Azerbaijan Party Ilham Aliyev is ahead with 84,73 % votes (2039127).
Results for other candidates as follow:
Jamil Hasanli - 5,27% (148 400 votes)
Igbal Aghazade 2,32% (65 469 votes)
Gudrat Hasanguliyev - 2,09% (58 972 votes)
Zahid Oruj - 1,48% (41 638 votes)
ilyas Ismayilov - 1,10% (30 969 votes)
Faraj Guliyev - 0,87% (24 410 votes)
Araz Alizade - 0,88% (24746 votes)
Sardar Mammadov - 0,63% (17 705 votes)
Hafiz Hajıyev - 0,66% (18 582 votes)
The head of the CEC noted that the candidate, got more than 80 percent of total votes, can be considered the winner of the presidential elections.
According to M. Panahov during the next 1hour, information from all the polling stations will enter to the Central Election Commission, and Azerbaijani electors will be familiar with the figures: “During the following 2 days all the information will enter from polling stations to the CEC”.
M. Panahov also added that serious irregularities were not registered during the process and all the misunderstandings were eradicated.
The results were put on link: https://infocenter.gov.az/e-services/prezident2013.aspx?i=3
The official results of the elections will be sent to the Constitutional Court of the Azerbaijan Republic within 10 days.
Related news releases
- 09.10.2015Azerbaijani CEC considers complaints
- 08.10.2015Azerbaijan to start pre-election campaign on parliamentary elections tomorrow
- 07.10.2015Azerbaijani CEC registers 1,190 candidates for MPs
- 02.10.2015Ali Hasanov: Even creators of social networks failed to manage them
- 02.10.2015Foreign journalists must be accredited to observe elections in Azerbaijan, says presidential aide
- 02.10.2015CEC tries to cooperate openly with press, says chairman
- 02.10.2015None can say Azerbaijani gov’t controls media, defines its principles, says presidential aide
- 02.10.2015All necessary conditions created in Azerbaijan for elections
- 01.10.2015CCTS to observe parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2015Azerbaijani CEC registers 425 candidates for MPs
- 29.09.2015Open and closed places defined in cities and districts under law on freedom of assembly
- 29.09.2015All MP candidates from YAP registered
- 23.09.2015Azerbaijan CEC registers 111 candidates for parliamentary elections
- 23.09.20155,344,431 ballot papers to be published for Azerbaijan parliamentary elections
- 23.09.2015OSCE PA not to send election observation mission to Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2015OSCE PA: No final decision on sending observers to Azerbaijani parliamentary elections
- 21.09.2015PACE observation mission members visit CEC
- 18.09.2015PACE delegation to make first pre-electoral visit to Azerbaijan on Sept.21
- 16.09.2015665 candidates nominated for parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 16.09.2015Siyavush Novruzov: If rectors nominated by YAP are elected MPs, they will have to leave their posts
- 15.09.2015Which MPs are not nominated by the New Azerbaijan Party? - LIST
- 15.09.2015YAP announces list of MP candidates - LIST
- 15.09.2015Some of rectors not nominated for parliamentary elections, says YAP official
- 12.09.2015Number of candidates reaches 498
- 11.09.2015The Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan to the OSCE: "The decision of OSCE is a serious violation of its mandate"
- 11.09.2015OSCE ODIHR will not observe the upcoming parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2015IPA CIS confirms that it will observe upcoming elections in Azerbaijan
- 10.09.2015National Council decides not to participate in parliamentary elections
- 07.09.2015Date of PACE mission’s visit to Azerbaijan announced
- 07.09.2015Jamil Hasanli says he won’t run for parliament
- 03.09.2015Final number of registered MP candidates to be announced in Azerbaijan on Oct. 12
- 03.09.2015Azerbaijani CEC and EU co-organize seminar in Baku
- 02.09.2015Azerbaijani CEC warns parties over early campaigning
- 02.09.2015Some 25 people put forward candidatures for parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 01.09.2015OSCE/ODIHR decides to send observation mission for parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 31.08.2015Organizations intending to conduct exit-poll in Azerbaijan’s parliamentary elections must appeal to CEC by October 12
- 31.08.2015Azerbaijani CEC announces deadline for local, int’l observers to present applications on election observation
- 29.08.2015CEC chairman: Int’l observers must present concrete facts, what’s generally said mostly unimportant
- 29.08.2015Nomination process of candidates for parliamentary elections to begin in Azerbaijan today
- 21.08.2015Azerbaijani PA deputy head: Voter lists must be perfect