Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
- 24/07/2014 Azerbaijan to make changes in wearing rules of military uniforms
- 24/07/2014 Azerbaijan purchased 153 tanks, 132 artillery systems and 11 aircrafts from Belarus in 2004-2012
- 24/07/2014 Armenians violate ceasefire 31 times throughout the day
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister receives EU Special Representative for South Caucasus
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijan, Russia to hold joint exercises in Caspian Sea - PHOTO
- 23/07/2014 Azerbaijan Defense Ministry: The ceasefire was violated 24 times in various directions of frontline
- 22/07/2014 Helicopter involved in extinguishing forest fire in Azerbaijan - PHOTOSESSION
- 22/07/2014 Azerbaijan Defense Ministry: Armenian armed units violated the ceasefire 37 times
- 21/07/2014 Large delegation from South Africa to attend ADEX-2014 in September
- 19/07/2014 TAKM to be reestablished
- 19/07/2014 Azerbaijan to purchase heavy mechanized bridges from Russia
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijani Deputy Defense Minister: Seyran Ohanyan’s statement that all roads of Kalbajar will be mined is groundless
- 18/07/2014 Deputy Defense Minister reveals reasons for sending Azerbaijani servicemen to study in Russia military schools
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijani President attends opening of new shipyard of State Border Service’s Coast Guard
- 18/07/2014 Azerbaijan Defense Ministry: The ceasefire was violated 56 times in various directions of frontline
- 17/07/2014 Prison term of former Naval Forces Commander Shahin Sultanov extended
- 17/07/2014 Armenians violate ceasefire in various directions
- 16/07/2014 Defense Ministry comments on claims on Azerbaijani citizens taken hostage by Armenia in Kalbajar region being “saboteurs”
- 16/07/2014 Azerbaijani officer dies
- 16/07/2014 Armenian armed units continue firing on positions of Azerbaijan Army
- 15/07/2014 Azerbaijani servicemen to participate in international event
- 14/07/2014 Azerbaijan Defense Ministry: The ceasefire was violated 29 times in various directions of the frontline
- 12/07/2014 Ceasefire violated 25 times
- 11/07/2014 Armenians violate ceasefire in various directions
- 10/07/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Seyran Ohanyan in panic
- 09/07/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister visited military units on the front line
- 09/07/2014 Armenians violate ceasefire 2846 times in first half of this year, killing 13 Azerbaijani servicemen
- 09/07/2014 Armenians violate ceasefire 19 times on frontline
- 09/07/2014 Three Azerbaijani soldiers injured during military exercises
- 08/07/2014 More than 3000 military reserve officers in Azerbaijan summoned to military trainings - PHOTOSESSION
- 08/07/2014 OSCE Monitoring on contact line ends without incident
- 08/07/2014 30 Azerbaijani peacekeepers seen off to Afghanistan on rotating basis
- 08/07/2014 Defense Ministry: Armenians shattered ceasefire 33 times
- 08/07/2014 ANAMA to complete mine clearance operations along frontline within 3 years
- 07/07/2014 OSCE to conduct monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian troops
- 05/07/2014 Russia to complete delivery of helicopters ordered by Azerbaijan till end of 2015
- 04/07/2014 First phase of mine clearance operation along Azerbaijani-Georgian border completed, second phase launched
- 04/07/2014 Two Azerbaijani servicemen wounded as Armenians violated ceasefire
- 04/07/2014 Azerbaijan Defense Ministry: Armenian armed units violated the ceasefire 37 times in various directions
- 03/07/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister leaves for Kazakhstan