Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani, Slovenian armed forces hold ‘exchange of lecturers’ event
- 30.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 29.04.2016Situation on contact line stable – Azerbaijani defense ministry
- 29.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani peacekeepers return home from Afghanistan
- 28.04.2016Footage released by Armenia fake – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani Navy holds exercises
- 28.04.2016Armenian army targeting civilians – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 121 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 28.04.2016Armenia continues shelling Azerbaijan's districts
- 27.04.2016Defense minister holds meeting with officers on frontline
- 27.04.2016None of Azerbaijani servicemen wounded in recent fighting died – MOD main medical department
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline units
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan doing everything possible to rebuff Armenian provocation – deputy defense minister
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits mobile field hospital on frontline
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan warns of retaliation if Armenia continues shelling settlements
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani army suffered no losses – Defense Ministry
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan represented at Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 27.04.2016Armenian army using ammunition prohibited by int’l conventions, says Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2016Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times using mortars, machine guns and artillery systems
- 26.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline
- 26.04.2016Baku Military Attaché Association holds next meeting
- 26.04.2016Pakistan's National Defense University delegation arrives in Azerbaijan.
- 26.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits Terter after overnight Armenian shelling
- 26.04.201620 houses in Azerbaijan’s Terter damaged by Armenian shelling
- 26.04.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict strikes on Armenian military facilities
- 25.04.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 131 strikes on Armenian positions
- 24.04.2016624 UXOs detected in Azerbaijan within a day
- 23.04.2016Azerbaijani soldier dead after mishandling gun
- 23.04.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry holds consultation
- 23.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 22.04.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry reacts to independent photos and videos from liberated territories
- 22.04.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 146 strikes on Armenian positions
- 21.04.2016Azerbaijan purchases 6 military transport helicopters from Russia
- 21.04.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 126 strikes on Armenian positions
- 20.04.2016ANAMA reveals statistics of UXOs left in Azerbaijan’s frontal villages after latest fighting
- 20.04.2016Martyred Azerbaijani serviceman laid to rest
- 20.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 20.04.2016Azerbaijani army seizes Armenian drone - Defense Ministry
- 19.04.2016ANAMA detects 137 UXOs in frontal villages within 13 days