Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 05.10.2015Armenian military fires at Azerbaijani positions from mortars, machineguns
- 03.10.2015Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Next incident occurred between Armenian servicemen
- 03.10.2015Video of Azerbaijani Army’s firing on Armenian positions from mortar launchers released - VİDEO
- 03.10.2015Armenian armed units fire on Azerbaijani positions from grenade launchers and large-caliber machine guns
- 02.10.2015Two Armenian servicemen killed, many wounded – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 02.10.2015Azerbaijani army fires 112 retaliatory shots at Armenian positions
- 01.10.2015Azerbaijani Armed Forces to fulfill holy duty of liberating our lands, says defense minister
- 01.10.2015Azerbaijan Armed Forces Relief Fund assets remain unchanged in Sept
- 01.10.2015Chief of Turkish General Staff to visit Azerbaijan
- 01.10.201520 Armenian soldiers killed on frontline in September
- 01.10.2015Military prosecutor: Compared to 2003, suicide rates in Azerbaijani army reduced by 55 percent this year
- 01.10.2015Investigation continues into cases of other members of criminal group, which also included Arsen Bagdasaryan, says Azerbaijani military prosecutor
- 01.10.2015Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.09.2015Azerbaijani army carries out combat firing practice with Buk-MB anti-aircraft missile battalion complexes
- 30.09.2015MNS Academy head Ziya Yusif-zade dies - UPDATED
- 30.09.2015Armenians fire incendiary bullets on Azerbaijani territories
- 30.09.2015Armenian army fire at Azerbaijani positions from mortars, machine guns
- 29.09.2015Azerbaijan to mark 160th jubilee of General Samad bey Mehmandarov
- 29.09.2015Azerbaijani Defense Ministry urges some media outlets to avoid Armenian propaganda
- 29.09.2015Azerbaijani, Russian border guards holding joint exercises in Caspian Sea
- 29.09.2015Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.09.2015Azerbaijani soldier killed by Armenians buried in Aghdam
- 28.09.2015Three Azerbaijani servicemen martyred
- 28.09.2015Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times in one day
- 26.09.2015Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 74 times
- 26.09.20154 Armenian soldiers killed, 16 wounded: Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 25.09.2015Azerbaijani Defense Ministry issues statement on situation on border with Armenia
- 25.09.2015Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 100 times in one day
- 24.09.2015Koti village of Armenia’s Tavush province being deserted
- 24.09.2015Azerbaijani armed forces made 124 shots on enemy positions and trenches
- 23.09.2015Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 109 times within a day
- 22.09.2015Azerbaijani defense minister meets with Israeli ambassador
- 22.09.2015OSCE holds monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 22.09.2015Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2015Military pilot training center opens in Azerbaijan - PHOTOSESSION
- 21.09.2015OSCE monitoring expected on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 21.09.2015Azerbaijani military makes 164 shots on Armenian positions
- 19.09.2015Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Armenians violate ceasefire 108 times within a day
- 18.09.2015TurAz Falcon 2015 joint drills end - PHOTO
- 18.09.2015US deputy assistant secretary of defense arrives in Azerbaijan