Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 27.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 40 times
- 26.05.2016Commanding general of US Army: In case of initiation, we can participate in exercises alongside Azerbaijan
- 26.05.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey plan to hold joint military exercises in 2017
- 24.05.2016Artillery shells disarmed in Terter, Goranboy
- 24.05.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2016Armenia holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 23.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 15 times
- 21.05.2016Minister: Int’l community should step up efforts to achieve fair solution to Karabakh conflict
- 21.05.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.05.2016Medals presented to families of Azerbaijani martyrs
- 20.05.2016Azerbaijani border guards hold large-scale tactical exercises
- 20.05.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 19.05.2016Azerbaijan has advantage over Armenia in US military aid
- 19.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 20 times
- 18.05.2016Colonel-General Najmaddin Sadikov attends Sessions at NATO Headquarters in Brussels
- 18.05.2016Martyred Azerbaijani soldier buried in hometown
- 18.05.2016Azerbaijan: In April clashes, Armenia suffered losses ten times as many
- 18.05.2016OSCE to conduct monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 18.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 123 times
- 17.05.2016Artillery shell found in Azerbaijan’s Terter
- 17.05.2016Medal of martyred Azerbaijani servicemen presented to his family
- 17.05.2016Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff leaves for Brussels
- 17.05.2016Azerbaijani soldier killed as Armenia violates ceasefire
- 17.05.2016Armenia continues to violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with families of martyrs awarded National Hero title posthumously
- 16.05.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 121 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 15.05.2016Azerbaijan, Turkey, Georgia to hold joint military exercises - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.05.2016Azerbaijan-Turkey military co-op developing in upward trend, says defense minister
- 15.05.2016Azerbaijan’s defense minister meets with Georgian counterpart
- 15.05.2016Trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Turkish defense ministers starts - PHOTOSESSION
- 14.05.2016Georgian defence minister visits Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2016Defense Ministry: Armenians shelled Azerbaijani settlements and positions in Terter district
- 13.05.2016Armenian armed forces started to shell residential area of Terter region - UPDATED 1
- 13.05.2016Azerbaijani army destroys two Armenian drones
- 13.05.2016Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest
- 13.05.2016Azerbaijani soldier killed in Armenian provocation
- 13.05.2016Armenians engage in smuggling of radioactive materials - EVIDENCE
- 13.05.2016UK military attaché: There are many stages to go through before possible deployment of peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh - INTERVIEW