Azerbaijan and Turkey to sign final document on joint missile production in the near future
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense Industry and ROKETSAN company of Turkey will sign a final document on the joint production of missiles at an Azerbaijani facility, Turkey's Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) told APA.
Technical issues on joint production have already been solved. Necessary measures are being taken to start the production.
SSM has not revealed when the final document will be signed.
According to the agreement, 107 and 122 mm caliber missiles will be manufactured at the Azerbaijani facility with the participation of ROKETSAN. The engines for these missiles will be produced by ROKETSAN, other parts in Azerbaijan.
Relevant discussions have been held since 2008.
The range capability of ROKETSAN-produced 107 mm caliber missiles is more than 11 km and 122 mm caliber missiles more than 40 km (twice higher than the former Soviet - Russian equivalents).
Related news releases
- 06.02.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 06.02.2016Azerbaijani army destroys Armenian military equipment, personnel - VİDEO
- 05.02.2016Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 05.02.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 112 strikes on Armenian positions
- 04.02.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian armies
- 04.02.2016Azerbaijani soldier killed on border with Armenia
- 04.02.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 115 times
- 03.02.2016OSCE monitoring expected on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 03.02.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 122 strikes on Armenian positions
- 02.02.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 01.02.2016Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan 3,702 times in January
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani Armed Forces Relief Fund assets exceed 70M manats
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijan develops action plan to tackle crimes within army
- 01.02.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 115 strikes on Armenian positions
- 30.01.2016Situation on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian armies remains tense
- 29.01.2016Azerbaijani Army losses soldier
- 29.01.2016Azerbaijan Armed Forces see decline in crime numbers
- 29.01.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani army once again proved superior to Armenian forces on battlefield – defense minister
- 28.01.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 131 strikes on Armenian positions
- 27.01.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 26.01.2016No incident during OSCE monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian armies
- 26.01.2016Armenian army in fear, haunted by image of Azerbaijani soldier – Defense Ministry
- 26.01.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 25.01.2016Azerbaijani army gains control of hill at border with Armenia – Defense Ministry
- 25.01.2016Azerbaijan boosts defense manufacturing
- 25.01.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 23.01.2016Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 110 times
- 22.01.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 114 strikes on Armenian positions
- 21.01.2016Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff attends NATO meeting
- 21.01.2016Azerbaijani peacekeepers return home from Afghanistan
- 21.01.2016No military deaths from disease recorded in Azerbaijan in 2015
- 21.01.2016US News and World Report: Azerbaijani army among mightiest worldwide
- 21.01.2016Azerbaijani Defense Ministry reveals statistics of causalities in Armenian army
- 21.01.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 150 times
- 20.01.2016Situation on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian armies remains tense
- 19.01.2016Azerbaijani president raises salaries of servicemen of Special State Protection Service and Interior Troops
- 19.01.2016Azerbaijani president increases salaries of military servants
- 19.01.2016Chief of Azerbaijani General Staff to attend NATO meeting
- 19.01.2016Situation on contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian armies remains tense