First vice-speaker of Azerbaijani parliament: Armenia is going for adventure regarding Khankendi airport
Baku. Kamala Guliyeva – APA. “The legal issues on the use of Azerbaijan’s airspace are determined within the framework of the agreement signed by Azerbaijan and International Civil Aviation Organization. According to the agreement, the land, sea and air space of a sovereign state can be used only with the permission of that country,” first vice-speaker of the Azerbaijani parliament Ziyafat Asgarov told journalists, APA reports.
Ziyafat Asgarov mentioned that when the issue on Khankendi airport emerged, Azerbaijan’s relevant agencies appealed to the International Civil Aviation Organization and the organization underlined that Azerbaijan’s position was right.
“Armenia is going for adventure regarding Khankendi airport, publishes provocative articles. Though this airport has been built, it has not been put into operation under various pretexts. They simply know that it is impossible to open the airport without Azerbaijan’s permission. If this airport opens, a plane flies through Azerbaijan’s airspace, our country’s dispatcher service will not serve them, let alone military air forces. Azerbaijani state has developed so much that one can not speak to us as in 1993. Then we were little, now we have grown up. Our state, people, government are healthy and we are capable of protecting ourselves,” he said.
Related news releases
- 11.06.2015The London action: another step, revealing Western political technologists
- 21.02.2013Russia Probes Possible Adoption by Same-Sex US Couple
- 17.11.2012Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day today
- 12.11.2012Australia replies to Azerbaijan’s note of protest
- 13.11.2012Elman Abdullayev: One can not regard lack of Armenian authorities’ political will to withdraw troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories as readiness for compromise
- 13.11.2012German parliamentarian: The release of the occupied Azerbaijani territories is the only condition
- 12.11.2012PACE Sub-Committee to discuss report on “New parliamentary effort to create a stability pact in the South-Caucasus”
- 12.11.2012OIC Secretary General sends letter of gratitude to Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister