Zhirinovsky in Kiev Cabbage Attack
Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
Related news releases
- 27.11.2015Moscow does not plan to interfere in fate of Erdogan - Putin
- 27.11.2015Putin: deployment of S-400 in Syria not aimed against antiterror partners
- 27.11.2015Turkish attack unexpected; Russia considered Turkey to be a friendly state - Putin
- 27.11.201526 Turkish businessmen held in Russia
- 27.11.2015Russian resident: “ISIS supplies oil from Syria to Turkey”
- 27.11.2015Putin: "It is impossible for the Turkish Air Force not to recognize Russia’s planes"
- 26.11.2015Russia will take diplomatic, military measures after Turkey shot down su-24
- 26.11.2015Putin: Moscow still awaiting apology from Turkey
- 26.11.2015Russia creates problems for Turkish tourists
- 26.11.2015Russia says Turkey’s actions will not go unanswered
- 25.11.2015Draft law on “Armenian genocide” submitted to Russia Duma
- 25.11.2015Ukraine closes airspace to all Russian planes
- 25.11.2015Russia says not willing to artificially create problems for Turkish producers, exporters
- 25.11.2015Russian, Turkish FMs hold phone conversation
- 25.11.2015So far there have been no high-level contacts between Moscow and Ankara - Kremlin
- 25.11.2015Russia should not break off the diplomatic relations – Communist Party leader
- 25.11.2015Putin: Turkish leadership purposefully supports Islamization of country
- 25.11.2015Putin: Commander killed in Syria will be awarded Star of Hero of Russia
- 25.11.2015Russia to send S-300 defense missile systems to base in Syria
- 25.11.2015Downed Russian Su-24: one of two pilots rescued
- 25.11.2015Russia to temporarily ban poultry imports from Turkey
- 25.11.2015Russia says does not expect objectiveness from NATO on downed Su-24
- 25.11.2015Russia may recall ambassador from Turkey
- 25.11.2015Turkish companies may lose positions on Russian market – PM Medvedev
- 25.11.2015Russia Deploys Maritime Air Defense After Jet Shot Down Over Syria
- 24.11.2015Russia soldier killed in downed jet rescue operations
- 24.11.2015Kremlin has no official information yet about fate of pilots of Su-24
- 24.11.2015First stage of power bridge to Crimea to be commissioned on December 20 — Energy Minister
- 24.11.2015Russian FM cancels visit to Turkey
- 24.11.2015Russia summons Turkish military attaché
- 24.11.2015The attack on the Russian jet will have tragic consequences to Russia-Turkey ties, Putin
- 23.11.2015Putin: Global gas demand to increase by 32% by 2040
- 23.11.2015Ukrainian government temporarily bans cargo traffic with Crime
- 23.11.2015Russia, Turkish FMs to discuss situation in South Caucasus
- 23.11.2015Two suspects testify against alleged organizer of Nemtsov’s murder
- 22.11.2015State of emergency is declared in Crimea in connection with the complete halt of electricity supply from Ukraine
- 22.11.2015Power Transmission Towers 'Blown Up' Causing Blackout in Crimea
- 21.11.2015Russia warns UK against seeking “to destroy Syria’s sovereignty”
- 20.11.2015Russia launches next rocket strikes on ISIL from Caspian Sea
- 20.11.2015Putin: Airstrikes in Syria are made well, but not sufficient