Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
- 11/03/2014 Ukrainian Parliament urges Russia to withdraw its forces from Ukraine, calls on US and UK to defend Ukraine
- 11/03/2014 Crimean Parliament passes Independence Declaration
- 11/03/2014 Ukrainian Defense Minister: "Russia has deployed 220 000 soldiers on the south-eastern borders of Ukraine and in Crimea"
- 11/03/2014 Viktor Yanukovich says he remains Ukraine's President and Commander-In-Chief
- 11/03/2014 Elmar Mammadyarov: “Azerbaijan is ready to sign Comprehensive Peace Agreement”
- 11/03/2014 Ukrainian State Border Service: Tatars are leaving Crimea
- 11/03/2014 Separatists arrested in east of Ukraine
- 11/03/2014 Russia preparing counterproposals over Ukraine
- 10/03/2014 Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- 10/03/2014 U.S. Secretary of State postpones his visit to Russia
- 10/03/2014 Yanukovych to make statement in Rostov-on-Don on March 11
- 08/03/2014 Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang'
- 08/03/2014 Heavier sanctions on Russia could backfire
- 08/03/2014 Senior U.N. official plans to visit Ukraine's Crimea
- 08/03/2014 Crimea Ignores President's Order to Stop Secession Vote
- 07/03/2014 Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates
- 07/03/2014 Arseniy Yatsenyuk: “The political part of the association agreement with the European Union will be signed in the coming weeks”
- 07/03/2014 Obama calls Putin, proposes solution to Ukraine dispute
- 07/03/2014 Putin and Obama discuss situation in Ukraine by telephone
- 07/03/2014 Sevastopol decides to join the Russian Federation
- 06/03/2014 Ukraine’s prosecutors initiate criminal proceedings against Yanukovych
- 06/03/2014 Yatsenyuk: Ukraine not considering joining NATO
- 06/03/2014 Alexander Turchinov: “Illegal Crimean authorities work under the barrel of a gun”
- 06/03/2014 State Duma to consider Crimea annexation bill next week
- 06/03/2014 Russian Parliament committee chairman: “The main target of the coup in Ukraine is to make the country a NATO member”
- 06/03/2014 Crimea’s parliament votes to become part of Russia
- 06/03/2014 Russian Foreign Ministry: Ukraine can not join NATO
- 06/03/2014 Crimea to Set Up Own Law Enforcement and Security Services
- 06/03/2014 UN Chief to Send Another Envoy to East Ukraine
- 06/03/2014 Ukrainian Navy Flagship Diverted Away from Crimea
- 06/03/2014 Crisis in Ukraine Should Not Damage Trade With Russia – Putin
- 06/03/2014 Tensions may harm tourism in Crimea: Ukrainian PM
- 05/03/2014 Yulia Tymoshenko: "The Russian Black Sea Fleet should be withdrawn from Ukraine"
- 05/03/2014 Five Russian regions to hold rallies to support Ukraine
- 05/03/2014 Kerry: US proposes Russia start talks with new Ukrainian authorities
- 05/03/2014 Presidential elections to cost Ukraine $215 million
- 04/03/2014 Kerry lands in Kiev amid escalating war of words between US, Russia
- 04/03/2014 Putin, Erdogan confident that peace will be ensured in Crimea
- 04/03/2014 Russian official says Moscow explained detriments of sanctions to Washington
- 04/03/2014 Russian Defense Ministry takes notice of Pentagon’s decision to suspend military contacts