Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
- 25/10/2014 NATO continues claims that Russia has troops in Ukraine
- 25/10/2014 The leader of the Armenian party: “The situation in Armenia has reached the point that many Armenian citizens are unable to heat their apartments"
- 24/10/2014 Putin lashes out at US, West for destabilizing world
- 24/10/2014 Putin: IS operating with oil and drug income
- 24/10/2014 It is impossible to isolate Russia - presidential administration chief
- 24/10/2014 Russia may prolong visa-free stay for tourists beyond 72 hrs - Kremlin aide
- 23/10/2014 Russia vows to preserve relations with Europe
- 23/10/2014 Lavrov uninterested in West’s opinion
- 22/10/2014 Ukrainian PM calls on citizens to save natural gas
- 22/10/2014 Lavrov: Ukrainian crisis result of Western attempt to shift Euro-Atlantic area's divide
- 22/10/2014 Ukraine ready to down pay for Russian gas under temporary agreement
- 21/10/2014 Ukrainian and Russian presidents had phone conversation
- 21/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan intends to join Eurasian Economic Union
- 21/10/2014 Total's CEO Christophe de Margerie dies in Moscow plane crash
- 18/10/2014 Russia and Ukraine gas agreement "close at hand"
- 18/10/2014 Putin calls participation in Asia-Europe Meeting useful
- 17/10/2014 Russia-Ukraine gas talks to continue — energy minister
- 16/10/2014 Russia to supply enough gas to Europe in winter — Putin
- 15/10/2014 Sanctions leave 99% of Russian innovative projects unaffected — deputy PM
- 14/10/2014 Latvia supports steps to freeze visa dialogue with Russia
- 13/10/2014 Russia to continue fight against Ebola — Putin
- 13/10/2014 Difference between coherent and incoherent foreign policy - ANALYSIS
- 12/10/2014 Ukraine, Russia close to settlement of gas issue - Poroshenko
- 12/10/2014 Clashes leave at least five dead in eastern Ukraine
- 10/10/2014 Thousands of people hold protest in center of Yerevan
- 10/10/2014 CIS summit kicks off in Minsk
- 10/10/2014 9 dead, 64 wounded in E.Ukraine fighting
- 10/10/2014 Putin dismisses critic Kasparov's political skills
- 09/10/2014 Armavia disbanded
- 09/10/2014 Leaders of Russia, Ukraine, Germany, France to meet in Milan
- 08/10/2014 Sergei Lavrov: I don’t see any logical connection between anti-Russian sanctions and normalization of situation in Ukraine
- 08/10/2014 Next meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council to be held in Minsk on October 9
- 08/10/2014 Petro Poroshenko: There can be no discussion on changing Ukraine's state border
- 08/10/2014 Gazprom CEO says Ukraine unable to pump sufficient gas ahead of winter
- 08/10/2014 Finance minister warns Russia can't afford military spending plan
- 07/10/2014 At least 15 killed in fresh confrontation in eastern Ukraine
- 07/10/2014 Moscow urges compromise on gas dispute with Ukraine
- 07/10/2014 Two civilians killed as fighting rages in Ukraine's Donetsk
- 06/10/2014 Russian, US diplomats discuss settlement of crisis in Ukraine
- 06/10/2014 Terrorist attack prevented in Dagestan − Russian Anti-Terrorist Committee