Zhirinovsky in Kiev Cabbage Attack
Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
Related news releases
- 05.10.2015Russia hopes its actions in Syria not to harm relations with Turkey
- 05.10.2015US to provide modern military defense systems to Ukraine
- 05.10.2015Bank of Moscow decides to seek recognition of Telman Ismailov bankrupt
- 04.10.2015Nikolai Bordyuzha: CSTO collective peacekeeping forces should be ready for peacekeeping operations in the hot spots of the world.
- 04.10.2015Moscow says 600 militants have fled Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- 04.10.2015The Russian Aerospace Defence Forces: Russia will not build a new radar station in Azerbaijan
- 04.10.2015Putin, Obama frankly discuss acute issues at their meetings - Kremlin spokesman
- 03.10.2015Russian air warfare group to intensify strikes against terrorists
- 03.10.2015Medvedev: Airstrikes in Syria aimed at protecting Russians from terrorism
- 03.10.2015Humanitarian situation in E. Ukraine remains difficult: OSCE
- 02.10.2015Protest against constitutional reforms to be held in Yerevan
- 02.10.2015Lavrov tells Ban Ki-moon unilateral steps in fighting with terrorism are inefficient
- 02.10.2015Russian aircraft prevent reconstruction of IS command post in Syria’s Hama province
- 01.10.2015Russian aviation fulfils all set tasks in Syria over past 24 hours
- 01.10.2015Russia not planning to expand airstrikes to Iraq: Russian FM
- 01.10.2015Foreign ministers of Russia and China discuss fight against Islamic State, crisis in Syria
- 01.10.2015Ukraine rebel envoy says weapons pull-back could mean 'end of war'
- 30.09.2015Federation Council approves Kremlin request for permission to send troops abroad - UPDATED
- 30.09.2015Russian national sentenced to two years in jail for fighting for ISIS
- 30.09.2015Poroshenko again urges to deploy peacekeepers under UN auspices to Donbas
- 29.09.2015Lavrov, Steinmeier discuss Syria, Libya, Ukrainian crisis — Russian Foreign Ministry
- 28.09.2015Kiev informs Russian airlines of sanctions - State Aviation Service
- 28.09.2015Putin announces motive of Russian aid to Assad regime
- 28.09.2015Putin: US complicit in ousting Yanukovych
- 27.09.2015Two killed, two wounded in attack on ambulance station in Crimea’s Simferopol
- 26.09.2015Kremlin says U.S. distorts truth saying Putin sought to meet Obama
- 25.09.2015Ukraine bans Russian airlines as part of war sanctions
- 25.09.2015Ukraine sends protest note to Kazakhstan
- 24.09.2015Russia's Rosneft and Lukoil may lose over $3.8 bln from mineral extraction tax rise
- 24.09.2015Putin plans air strikes in Syria if no U.S. deal reached: Bloomberg
- 23.09.2015Russia pledges counter measures if U.S. upgrades nuclear arms in Germany
- 23.09.2015Putin, Erdogan meet in Moscow - PHOTO
- 23.09.2015Moscow Central Mosque opens - PHOTO
- 23.09.2015Kremlin: Kiev should establish direct dialogue with Donbas
- 23.09.2015Vladimir Putin will meet with President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 23.09.2015Russian President awards Deputy PM of Azerbaijan with the Order of Friendship
- 22.09.2015Russia urges 'action' after shell hits Damascus embassy compound
- 21.09.2015Israel, Russia to coordinate military action on Syria: Netanyahu
- 21.09.2015Russia sends drone aircraft on surveillance missions in Syria - U.S. officials
- 21.09.2015Putin: Syria does not intend to fight with Israel