Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
- 17/04/2014 Russia tries to aggravate situation in Ukraine — Yatsenyuk
- 17/04/2014 Putin: "First I have to see my ex-wife Lyudmila Alexandrovna married, and only then think about myself"
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Russia not afraid of NATO expansion
- 17/04/2014 Russian President to sign decree on rehabilitation of Crimean Tatars
- 17/04/2014 Putin: “The people of Transnistria should be allowed to decide their fate themselves”
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Ukraine risks abyss, dialogue only solution
- 17/04/2014 Russia criticizes US for denying entry visa to Iran’s new ambassador to UN
- 17/04/2014 Russia mulls lawsuit against U.S. in WTO over sanctions
- 16/04/2014 Pro-Russia separatists take armor, humiliating Ukraine forces
- 16/04/2014 Russia tests Obama's ability to stop its advances
- 16/04/2014 Russia expects Vietnam to soon join Customs Union: Russian FM
- 16/04/2014 Ukraine targets Russian bank for 'financing terrorists'
- 16/04/2014 Four militants killed in Dagestan - Russian National Antiterrorism Committee
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine has restored control over airport in eastern Ukraine
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine declares Crimea "temporarily occupied territory"
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine pushes tanks toward flashpoint separatist city
- 15/04/2014 Ukrainian army launches operation against separatists in east, two injured
- 15/04/2014 Separatists ignore ultimatum, tighten grip on east Ukraine
- 15/04/2014 Separatist unrest spreads in Ukraine; ultimatum ends with no crackdown
- 15/04/2014 Putin to Obama: Use your influence to prevent bloodshed in Ukraine - UPDATED
- 14/04/2014 Anti-Kremlin protest draws thousands in Moscow
- 14/04/2014 Putin appoints Aksyonov acting governor of Crimea
- 14/04/2014 Turchynov heads the operational headquarters of the special operation in eastern Ukraine
- 14/04/2014 Yulia Tymoshenko: “War has actually been declared against Ukraine, we should stop them, otherwise they won’t stop”
- 14/04/2014 APA Holding launches new project
- 14/04/2014 Turchynov doesn't exclude holding referendum about federalization of Ukraine
- 13/04/2014 Ukrainian Security Council discussing imposing state of emergency in country’s east
- 13/04/2014 Ukrainian Interior Ministry confirms resignation of Donetsk region police chief
- 12/04/2014 Ukraine's acting president convenes Security Council over unrests in southeast
- 12/04/2014 Putin pledges to fulfil Europe gas obligations
- 12/04/2014 RF finance minister: Ukraine is to conduct reform to have extra aid from RF
- 12/04/2014 Russian ministries set to return Scythian gold collection back to Crimean museums
- 12/04/2014 Ukrainian PM pledges more powers for regions
- 11/04/2014 Ukraine looks to Europe for gas as Russia ups pressure
- 11/04/2014 Russia sees no grounds to extradite Yanukovich to Ukraine
- 11/04/2014 Russian Foreign Ministry: “Ukraine crisis can be de-escalated”
- 11/04/2014 Kadyrov: сhechen cities safe enough for police to be unarmed while off duty
- 11/04/2014 Seven injured in clash in front of presidential candidate’s hotel in Odessa, Ukraine
- 11/04/2014 New Armenian prime minister to be named April 14
- 11/04/2014 Sevastopol not to hold gubernatorial elections in 2014 - acting governor