Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
- 24/04/2014 Russia promises to strike back if attacked
- 23/04/2014 Russia accuses US of 'running the show' in Ukraine
- 23/04/2014 Russia's Putin wants beefed-up presence in Arctic
- 23/04/2014 Russia to expel first secretary of Canadian embassy in 14 days
- 23/04/2014 Ukraine president demands action in east after politician killed
- 22/04/2014 Russia bans Tatar leader from Crimea
- 22/04/2014 Russia forms commission to drive Crimea's development
- 22/04/2014 Turchynov demands to resume special raid in eastern Ukraine
- 22/04/2014 Russian Finance Ministry sees risk of technical recession in Q2
- 22/04/2014 Kiev Withheld Gas to Crimean Villages
- 21/04/2014 Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender
- 21/04/2014 Putin signs law to ease Russian citizenship for former USSR residents
- 21/04/2014 Vladimir Putin wants to destroy independent Ukraine: Oleksandr Turchynov
- 21/04/2014 U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden to visit Ukraine today
- 19/04/2014 Russia hails ties with future NATO chief
- 19/04/2014 Train derails in northern Kazakhstan, several people injured
- 19/04/2014 Putin: "No obstacles to normalizing Russian-West relations"
- 19/04/2014 Diplomacy doesn't move insurgents in Ukraine
- 19/04/2014 East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal
- 18/04/2014 SBU puts on wanted list Yanukovych's son Oleksandr
- 18/04/2014 Ukraine asks ICC to investigate alleged crimes in late 2013-early 2014
- 18/04/2014 Yatsenyuk: Ukraine to fulfill all provisions of Geneva deals
- 18/04/2014 Ukraine-EU free trade zone can start working from November 1 — EU envoy
- 17/04/2014 Lavrov: Russia does not intend to send troops to Ukraine
- 17/04/2014 Russia tries to aggravate situation in Ukraine — Yatsenyuk
- 17/04/2014 Putin: "First I have to see my ex-wife Lyudmila Alexandrovna married, and only then think about myself"
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Russia not afraid of NATO expansion
- 17/04/2014 Russian President to sign decree on rehabilitation of Crimean Tatars
- 17/04/2014 Putin: “The people of Transnistria should be allowed to decide their fate themselves”
- 17/04/2014 Putin says Ukraine risks abyss, dialogue only solution
- 17/04/2014 Russia criticizes US for denying entry visa to Iran’s new ambassador to UN
- 17/04/2014 Russia mulls lawsuit against U.S. in WTO over sanctions
- 16/04/2014 Pro-Russia separatists take armor, humiliating Ukraine forces
- 16/04/2014 Russia tests Obama's ability to stop its advances
- 16/04/2014 Russia expects Vietnam to soon join Customs Union: Russian FM
- 16/04/2014 Ukraine targets Russian bank for 'financing terrorists'
- 16/04/2014 Four militants killed in Dagestan - Russian National Antiterrorism Committee
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine has restored control over airport in eastern Ukraine
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine declares Crimea "temporarily occupied territory"
- 15/04/2014 Ukraine pushes tanks toward flashpoint separatist city