Baku-APA. Vladimir Zhirinovsky, the flamboyant leader of Russia's Liberal-Democratic Party, was pelted with cabbage during a news conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev.
The woman who threw pickled cabbage salad at the Russian politician accused him of being a “Ukrainophobe,” APA reports quoting Ria Novosti.
“Where are my bodyguards? Remove this schizophrenic woman!” Zhirinovsky shouted, before asking journalists at the news conference to explain what the word "Ukrainophobe" meant.
“It means that you don’t love Ukraine,” they said, but Zhirinovsky protested that he had always called for friendly relations between Russia and Ukraine.
"There is not a milligram of anti-Ukrainian feelings in Russia," he said as the news conference continued.
- 21/04/2015 Turkish consulate car catches fire in Kharkiv
- 21/04/2015 UN: Number of immigrants from Ukraine reached 800 961 people
- 20/04/2015 Putin’s Yerevan visit not to harm ties with Turkey – Kremlin
- 20/04/2015 Putin: Westerners only love Russia that would need humanitarian aid
- 20/04/2015 North Caucasus terrorist leaders killed in special operation in Dagestan
- 20/04/2015 Putin to visit Armenia on April 24
- 20/04/2015 Details emerge of disappearance of Russian city mayor
- 20/04/2015 Fires hit Khakassia again
- 20/04/2015 Moscow mayor’s office turns down Armenian request for protest outside Turkish embassy
- 19/04/2015 Russia to supply S-300s to Iran despite Israel’s objections - deputy defense minister
- 18/04/2015 Lukashenko will not go to Moscow on May 9 parade
- 17/04/2015 Kiev needs security guarantees from NATO - FM
- 17/04/2015 U.S. troops arrive in Lviv to train Ukrainian servicemen
- 17/04/2015 More remains of human bodies found at site of MH17 crash in Ukraine
- 17/04/2015 Vladimir Putin: “Vatican and Turkey will overcome the tension”
- 16/04/2015 Moscow should use anti-Russian sanctions to make economic advances — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russia regards no country as its foe — Putin
- 16/04/2015 Russian President: “The U.S. doesn’t need allies, it needs vassals”
- 16/04/2015 Putin says Nemtsov killing 'tragic and shameful'
- 16/04/2015 No Russian troops in Ukraine – Putin
- 16/04/2015 Putin denies rumors on Poroshenko’s ‘take Donbas’ offer
- 16/04/2015 Putin: Russia's S-300 air defense system supplies to Iran no threat to Israel
- 16/04/2015 Putin: I don't expect sanctions to end 'anytime soon'
- 16/04/2015 Russian, Iranian companies discuss barter deal terms: minister
- 16/04/2015 Iran nuclear deal can be secured by UN Security Council resolution — Russian diplomat
- 15/04/2015 Azerbaijani MPs of Georgian Parliament oppose the announcement of a minute of silence to so called “Armenian genocide”
- 15/04/2015 Ukraine begins to buy gas from Shell
- 15/04/2015 Russian billionaire arrested in absentia in connection with Kazan trade center fire
- 14/04/2015 S-300 worry those who don’t rule out bombings of Iran — Russian legislator
- 14/04/2015 Violence escalates in east Ukraine ahead of talks
- 14/04/2015 Putin’s spokesman: "Russia’s S-300 missile systems’ supplies to Iran may begin any moment"
- 14/04/2015 Russia opens way to missile deliveries to Iran, starts oil-for-goods swap
- 13/04/2015 Putin lifts ban on delivery of S-300 missile systems to Iran
- 13/04/2015 Russian State Duma Speaker: US arrogance causes imbalance in global security
- 13/04/2015 Russian warships preparing for upcoming military exercises in Caspian Sea
- 13/04/2015 Explosions heard at burning munitions depot in Russia's Trans-Baikal Territory
- 13/04/2015 10 died, 483 injured in Khakassia fire
- 11/04/2015 Russia dismisses U.S. claim about fighter interception
- 11/04/2015 Normandy Four foreign ministers to discuss deployment of peacekeepers in Donbas
- 10/04/2015 Ukraine military, rebels accuse each other of increased attacks