TAI company refutes reports that Azerbaijan ordered 60 T-129 ATAK helicopters from Turkey
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The reports that Azerbaijan ordered 60 T-129 ATAK helicopters from Turkey have been refuted, Turkey’s Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), which produces T-129 ATAK helicopters, told APA.
The company said Turkish and Azerbaijani media have reported that Azerbaijan and TAI company signed a contract on purchase of 60 T-129 ATAK helicopters.
“No tender was held in Azerbaijan, we have no official contract with Azerbaijan. The reports of unofficial websites, TV channels and newspapers do not reflect reality,” he said.
The company also noted that moreover, marketing and promotional activities on T-129 ATAK helicopters are being continued with Azerbaijan both on the level of the states and on the level of the company.
“The demands made by the official Azerbaijani organizations will be fulfilled by our company. Basing on the principle of one nation, two states, TAI is ready to cooperate with fraternal Azerbaijan in all spheres.”
Two versions of T-129 ATAK helicopter are planned to be produced. The first of these – T-129A is designed for close air battles. 76 controlled and uncontrolled missiles with 70 mm calibers and 20 mm cannon with 500 ammunitions can be deployed on this model. The armament of T-129B will include 8 UMTAS produced in Turkey, 12 CIRIT, 2 STINGER and cannon with 500 artillery shells. The first flight of T129A prototype produced at the TAI enterprises was launched in 2011. T-129 will be used by the Turkish Armed Forces this year.
Related news releases
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijan creating additional ammo reserves
- 04.05.2016Russia selling to Armenia outdated military equipment on credit, says Azerbaijan
- 04.05.2016Martyred Azerbaijani soldier laid to rest
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijani military officer: After clearing mined areas without losses, we transported military equipment to rear of enemy positions
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijan clarifies reports on declaration of mobilization
- 04.05.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 121 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijani military serviceman martyred
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijan Armed Forces Officer: "We are ready to fight, fighting spirit is very high"
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijani military officer: I destroyed 12 armed vehicles of enemy
- 03.05.2016Azerbaijani, Slovenian Armed Forces holding joint event
- 03.05.2016Armenian soldiers’ bodies not decapitated or desecrated, says Azerbaijan
- 03.05.2016Reserve Lt Gen: Iran’s military assistance to Azerbaijan 'indispensable'
- 03.05.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 02.05.2016Armenian armed forces violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan 3,597 times in April
- 02.05.2016Azerbaijani armed forces inflict 114 strikes on Armenian positions
- 30.04.2016Azerbaijani, Slovenian armed forces hold ‘exchange of lecturers’ event
- 30.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 128 times
- 29.04.2016Situation on contact line stable – Azerbaijani defense ministry
- 29.04.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 116 times
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani peacekeepers return home from Afghanistan
- 28.04.2016Footage released by Armenia fake – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani Navy holds exercises
- 28.04.2016Armenian army targeting civilians – Azerbaijani Defense Ministry
- 28.04.2016Azerbaijani army inflicts 121 retaliatory strikes on Armenian positions
- 28.04.2016Armenia continues shelling Azerbaijan's districts
- 27.04.2016Defense minister holds meeting with officers on frontline
- 27.04.2016None of Azerbaijani servicemen wounded in recent fighting died – MOD main medical department
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline units
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan doing everything possible to rebuff Armenian provocation – deputy defense minister
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits mobile field hospital on frontline
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan warns of retaliation if Armenia continues shelling settlements
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijani army suffered no losses – Defense Ministry
- 27.04.2016Azerbaijan represented at Moscow Int’l Security Conference
- 27.04.2016Armenian army using ammunition prohibited by int’l conventions, says Azerbaijan
- 27.04.2016Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times using mortars, machine guns and artillery systems
- 26.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits frontline
- 26.04.2016Baku Military Attaché Association holds next meeting
- 26.04.2016Pakistan's National Defense University delegation arrives in Azerbaijan.
- 26.04.2016Azerbaijani defense minister visits Terter after overnight Armenian shelling
- 26.04.201620 houses in Azerbaijan’s Terter damaged by Armenian shelling