Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. The reports that Azerbaijan ordered 60 T-129 ATAK helicopters from Turkey have been refuted, Turkey’s Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), which produces T-129 ATAK helicopters, told APA.
The company said Turkish and Azerbaijani media have reported that Azerbaijan and TAI company signed a contract on purchase of 60 T-129 ATAK helicopters.
“No tender was held in Azerbaijan, we have no official contract with Azerbaijan. The reports of unofficial websites, TV channels and newspapers do not reflect reality,” he said.
The company also noted that moreover, marketing and promotional activities on T-129 ATAK helicopters are being continued with Azerbaijan both on the level of the states and on the level of the company.
“The demands made by the official Azerbaijani organizations will be fulfilled by our company. Basing on the principle of one nation, two states, TAI is ready to cooperate with fraternal Azerbaijan in all spheres.”
Two versions of T-129 ATAK helicopter are planned to be produced. The first of these – T-129A is designed for close air battles. 76 controlled and uncontrolled missiles with 70 mm calibers and 20 mm cannon with 500 ammunitions can be deployed on this model. The armament of T-129B will include 8 UMTAS produced in Turkey, 12 CIRIT, 2 STINGER and cannon with 500 artillery shells. The first flight of T129A prototype produced at the TAI enterprises was launched in 2011. T-129 will be used by the Turkish Armed Forces this year.
- 21/04/2014 Colonel arrested in Azerbaijan
- 21/04/2014 Date of Turkish National Defense Minister’s visit to Nakhchivan made public
- 21/04/2014 Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 19/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister receives U.S. congressmen - PHOTO
- 19/04/2014 Zakir Hasanov: “I don’t see any military threats to Azerbaijan”
- 19/04/2014 Zakir Hasanov: “Reforms continue in the army by the Azerbaijani President’s order”
- 19/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister: “We will soon avenge the blood of our martyrs and liberate the occupied territories” - PHOTOSESSION
- 19/04/2014 Vahid Aliyev: “The only goal and dream of Azerbaijani Armed Forces is to soon report on victory to Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev”
- 19/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister: “Our army is ready to liberate the occupied territories at any moment”
- 19/04/2014 Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 18/04/2014 Azerbaijani Armed Forces finish large-scale military exercises in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic - PHOTOSESSION
- 18/04/2014 Azerbaijani soldier commits suicide
- 18/04/2014 Occupying Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 17/04/2014 Large-scale military exercises end in Nakhchivan
- 17/04/2014 14th Defence Services Asia Exhibition and Conference ends
- 17/04/2014 Azerbaijan to bring defense products to Asian market - PHOTOSESSION
- 17/04/2014 Commander of Pakistan Military Air Forces arrives in Azerbaijan
- 17/04/2014 Armenians violated ceasefire 28 times last night
- 16/04/2014 Azerbaijani Armed Forces launch large-scale military exercises in Nakhchivan - UPDATED
- 16/04/2014 Armenians continue firing on positions of Azerbaijani Army
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister ends visit to Iran
- 15/04/2014 Two Armenian citizens hit mine on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani National Security Ministry prevents smuggling of 36.5 kg of drugs from Iran
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister: “No threat is expected to neighboring countries through Azerbaijan’s territory”
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijan's Defense Minister meets with Chief of Iranian Armed Forces Staff - PHOTOSESSION
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani President demands to suspend powers of Armenian delegation to PACE
- 15/04/2014 No incident occurred during monitoring of contact line between Armenian and Azerbaijani troops
- 15/04/2014 Commander of Pakistan Military Air Forces to pay official visit to Azerbaijan
- 15/04/2014 Turkish National Defense Minister to visit Nakhchivan - EXCLUSIVE
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani servicemen to attend international event in U.S.
- 15/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Ministry: Ceasefire was violated 31 times in various directions of frontline
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijan to include local-produced “Yalguzag” sniper rifle in armament soon
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijan demonstrates defense products in Malaysia - PHOTOSESSION
- 14/04/2014 Azerbaijani Defense Minister paying official visit to Iran
- 14/04/2014 Armenians wound two soldiers of Azerbaijani Army
- 14/04/2014 OSCE to conduct monitoring on contact line of Azerbaijani and Armenian troops
- 14/04/2014 Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army along frontline in Aghdam and Khojavand
- 11/04/2014 Azerbaijan-produced Gurza patrol vehicle to be equipped with Turkish combat module
- 11/04/2014 Representatives of Azerbaijani Armed Forces to attend international events
- 11/04/2014 Armenians fire on positions of Azerbaijani Army along frontline in Fuzuli, Aghdam and Khojavand