Iranian ayatollah raises territorial claims against Azerbaijan
Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “If I am elected as a president, I will return the lands of Tajikistan, Armenia and Azerbaijan, which were separated from Iran,” said Ayatollah Sayyid Mohammed Bokiri Kherrozi, who is going to run for presidency in June this year, APA reports quoting Iranian websites.
He said the return of the territories separated from Iran will be the major program of his pre-election campaign.
“I will get back these lands without any bloodshed. If I am elected as president, I will eliminate all sanctions imposed on Iran,” he said.
Sayyid Mohammed Bokiri Kherrozi added that he is not so popular, he attributed it to a special tactics.
Sayyid Mohammed Bokiri Kherrozi is secretary general of Hezbollah organization of Iran.
Related news releases
- 12.02.2016Ukrainian president and parliament speaker planning to visit Azerbaijan in H1 2016
- 12.02.2016Kazakh first deputy PM to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2016Azerbaijan — a good example of secularism: AECR president
- 12.02.2016EU, Azerbaijan trying to sign strategic partnership agreement acceptable to both sides
- 11.02.2016New OSCE PA special representative for South Caucasus named
- 11.02.2016AECR president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 11.02.2016Turkish newspaper Sabah apologizes to Azerbaijan
- 11.02.2016Azerbaijan considering filing lawsuit against companies selling sniper rifles to Armenia
- 11.02.2016Turkey not to lose its position as Nakhchivan’s guarantor – expert
- 11.02.2016Azerbaijani not with but within OSCE – deputy FM
- 11.02.2016Nebraska becomes 18th U.S. State to condemn Khojaly Massacre
- 10.02.2016Azerbaijani president to visit Iran in late February
- 10.02.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2016Sweden says supports Azerbaijan’s initiative to update legal documents on co-op with EU
- 10.02.2016Sweden welcomes release of Leyla and Arif Yunus
- 10.02.2016Azerbaijan investigating Nuland’s role in non-adoption of Karabakh resolution in PACE
- 10.02.2016Political relations between Azerbaijan, Sweden at good level, says FM
- 10.02.2016Azerbaijani president to attend Munich Security Conference
- 10.02.2016Politicians need to solve Karabakh conflict through negotiations – Swedish FM
- 10.02.2016Sweden interested in studying Azerbaijan’s experience in working with refugees
- 10.02.2016Azerbaijan, Sweden eliminate double taxation
- 10.02.2016Swedish FM pays respect to Azerbaijani martyrs
- 10.02.2016Member of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE sends letter to US Congressman Adam Schiff
- 10.02.2016Azerbaijani deputy FM to visit Austria today
- 10.02.2016Russian ambassador to Baku: “Azerbaijan is one of the leading partners of Russia”
- 10.02.2016Vladimir Dorokhin: "Moscow understands sensitivities of Azerbaijan in the light of what happening in the Russian-Turkish relations"
- 09.02.2016Azerbaijani president’s aide meets with French ambassador
- 09.02.2016Russian lawmaker: Denunciation of Moscow Treaty cannot adversely affect Russia-Azerbaijan relations
- 09.02.2016Iran, Azerbaijan like one soul in two bodies - Cultural Center head
- 09.02.2016Swedish FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2016Azerbaijani FM receives GUAM Secretary General
- 08.02.2016Korean ambassador: Sanctions — only way to make North Korea give up nuclear development
- 08.02.2016Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting may be held in Ganja
- 08.02.2016State Duma members suggest annulling Russian-Turkish treaty which is also important for Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2016Kravchuk: Together with Kuchma and Yushchenko, I will develop proposals for development of relations with Azerbaijan and submit them to President Poroshenko
- 06.02.2016Kaladze: No agreement reached with Gazprom yet
- 05.02.2016Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is among the countries that have already contributed and will contribute to human development in Syria”
- 04.02.2016Azerbaijani president attends Syria conference in London
- 04.02.2016UNICEF approves new programme document for Azerbaijan
- 04.02.2016OSCE concerned over armed clashes between Armenia, Azerbaijan