NED likely to present anti-Azerbaijani project in Washington on May 7
Baku – APA. On May 7, Washington will host an event titled “Azerbaijan: A Test Case for Democratic Solidarity”, organized by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Emin Milli, Kanan Aliyev, Thomas de Waal and Miriam Lanskoy are scheduled to make speeches at the event, which will last for an hour and half.
Note that, APA Information Agency has initially presented an investigative article titled “Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry’s Office in Congress” that explain details of a plan for the holding of this type of events on the eve of the first European Games in Azerbaijan. The article informs such a series of events will be held.
According to the article, the plan is coordinated from US Secretary of State John Kerry’s office in Congress and NED is entrusted with organizing this campaign in the US. Documents proving millions of dollars transferred by the US from local and western sources via NED, which is funded by the US Agency for International Development at the state budget expense, to its partners in Azerbaijan – NGOs and media outlets – have been released many times. These claims have not rejected by the organization so far.
The investigative article also notes that NED’s special project on Azerbaijan is at the stage of approval and is meant to be announced in the coming days. The project, to which a great deal of funding has already been allocated, will be implemented in two years.
Note that, the presentation of this project at the event to be held in Washington on May 7 is not ruled out.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2016Russia's ties with Azerbaijan, Armenia developed differently throughout history, says ambassador
- 27.05.2016British PM’s trade envoy due in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Tension with Turkey doesn’t negatively affect Russia’s relations with Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 27.05.2016OSCE PA special representative arrives in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Spanish MP Jordi Xucla to lead PACE observation mission in re-run parliamentary election in Azerbaijan
- 27.05.2016Azerbaijani embassy in Russia responds to Armenian FM’s remarks
- 27.05.2016Malena Mard: Since gaining independence, Azerbaijan received €580M support from EU
- 27.05.2016May 28 proclaimed as Azerbaijan National Day in some cities of California
- 26.05.2016PACE to send observers for new election on Aghdash constituency
- 26.05.2016US general: Azerbaijan shows great interest in security and stability
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives chairman of Italian Senate’s European Policies Committee
- 26.05.2016Baku to blacklist Bulgarian MPs for making illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 26.05.2016Turkish president congratulates Azerbaijani counterpart
- 26.05.2016Azerbaijani president receives chairman of Turkey`s Constitutional Court
- 26.05.2016French Foreign Ministry issues statement on release of Khadija Ismayilova
- 26.05.2016Germany, UK welcome release of Khadija Ismayilova
- 26.05.2016EU welcomes Azerbaijani court's decision to release Khadija Ismayilova
- 25.05.2016President of Tajikistan congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2016President of Chile congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2016Hollande: France to continue efforts for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 25.05.2016PACE President welcomes decision of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court to release Khadija Ismayilova
- 25.05.2016Greenpeace project coordinator in Russia: Metsamor NPP accessible for terrorists
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Turkey’s new PM
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Austrian counterpart
- 25.05.2016Azerbaijani diplomat: Chamber of Deputies’ resolution does not reflect official position of Chile - INTERVIEW
- 25.05.2016Russian-Azerbaijani relations stand at high level – Putin
- 25.05.2016‘The World`s Person of the Year 2015’ award presented to Azerbaijani president
- 24.05.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Turkey’s new PM
- 24.05.2016Los Angeles radio interviews Azerbaijan’s Consul General
- 24.05.2016Queen of the United Kingdom congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2016Hikmat Hajiyev: Yerevan conducts destructive policy
- 23.05.2016EU should start talks on new association agreement with Azerbaijan: Latvian FM
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents meet in Istanbul
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Istanbul
- 23.05.2016Stabilization impossible without settlement of protracted conflicts, says Azerbaijani FM
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijan welcomes new European Neighborhood Policy document – FM
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani deputy FM visits Israel, Palestine
- 23.05.2016Azerbaijani president urges int’l community to react to nuclear threat from Armenia
- 23.05.2016PACE rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan in mid-June
- 23.05.2016World Humanitarian Summit kicks off in Turkey - UPDATED