Russian lawmaker under attack after recognizing Karabakh as Azerbaijani territory
A member of the Russian State Duma has come under attack after stating his recognition of the occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region as Azerbaijani territory.
During the talk show “Evening With Vladimir Solovyov”, aired on Rossiya 1 channel, Semyon Bagdasarov, a military-political expert of Armenian background, called for death for Dmitry Savelyev, a Duma member representing the Liberal Democratic Party who recently went on a trip to the Jojug Marjanli village of Azerbaijan’s Jabrayil district, APA’s Moscow correspondent reported.
Bagdasarov even called on Vladimir Zhirinovsky to dismiss Savelyev from his party.
“How come your deputy travels to the disputed region and talks nonsense out there. Kill him. Dismiss him. He’s a traitor, an enemy of the Russian Federation. At least finish this deputy’s job. I hope Vladimir Volfovich will solve this issue,” he said.
The program’s author and host, Vladimir Solovyov, who is an honored citizen of Armenia, expressed support for the Armenian expert as she shook his head and said the following:
“Deputy Savelyev has said it is Azerbaijan rather than Armenia that is a partner of Russia. He demanded that Karabakh and the surrounding territories be given back to Azerbaijan, which he said would be ‘the only right decision’.”
A conference titled “Baku-Moscow geopolitical axis. Azerbaijan is Russia’s only partner in the South Caucasus” was held in the Jojug Marjanli village of Azerbaijan’s Jabrayil district.
Deputy Head of the State Duma Committee for Security and Countering Corruption Dmitry Savelyev also attended the event.
Addressing the event, Savelyev called for an unconditional and immediate liberation of the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Savelyev praised the construction of new houses and creation of the state-of-the-art infrastructure in Jojug Marjanli.
He pointed out that Russia has lost its confidence in Armenia, describing Azerbaijan as Russia's only permanent partner in the Caucasus.
“Azerbaijan is one of the few countries where the Russian language is thriving. Azerbaijan supports Russia in the Council of Europe and is a reliable ally of Russia in the South Caucasus. Although we have sold large quantities of arms to Azerbaijan, this can never be used against Russia. I hope that Armenia will act wisely and the Karabakh conflict will be solved,” the Russian lawmaker added.
- 22.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 21.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 30.06.2018Azercosmos: Armenians committed arsons in 280ha area in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 30.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Baku reacts to reports of Armenia deploying internal troops in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani PM calls for release of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 01.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times