Ilham Aliyev: Extradition to Azerbaijan of person who illegally visited Karabakh was a lesson to others
“The Armenians attempt to cease the talks, but they will not achieve it,” said President Aliyev, noting that the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs have repeatedly stated that the status quo is unacceptable.
The Azerbaijani president called on the Minsk Group to increase pressure on Armenia.
“The UN Security Council adopted 4 resolutions on the conflict. These resolutions must be implemented unconditionally and the occupying forces must withdraw from the occupied territories. Despite all its attempts, Armenia’s non-destructive and non-friendly policy has been largely condemned,” he said.
“Azerbaijan is strengthening day after day and I’m sure this issue will sooner or later be fairly resolved,” added President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president noted that Armenia disgraced itself by holding a “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh as the conduct of this referendum drew immediate condemnation from neighboring countries, Minsk Group member countries, the EU, and other countries.
“By not recognizing the referendum, the whole world expressed support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity,” he said.
President Aliyev added that another success is that a person who had paid illegal visits to Nagorno-Karabakh was extradited to Azerbaijan.
“This was a lesson to that person who blatantly violated our laws, and also to others like him,” he stressed.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2017Armenians violate ceasefire with Azerbaijan 148 times
- 24.06.2017Erdogan: "Turkey and Azerbaijan are on the same position on Karabakh issue"
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani army adequately retaliated against enemy a week ago – President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017EU: Ceasefire violations indicate status quo in Karabak conflict ‘unsustainable’
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan’s refugee and IDP pain highlighted in the French Senate
- 22.06.2017Moscow says OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement fully reflects its stance
- 22.06.2017MFA spokesman: OSCE MG co-chairs should draw conclusions from public discontent in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017ICRC begins dialogue with parties on Armenian scout captured by Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2017U.S. Department of State: "The United States is deeply concerned over the recent violations of the ceasefire"
- 21.06.2017ICRC visits Azerbaijani detainees in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan removes Japanese blogger from ‘black list’
- 21.06.2017Stark reminders of Azerbaijan’s IDP plight come to Brussels
- 21.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 20.06.2017EU envoy expresses concern over situation in South Caucasus
- 20.06.2017Minister: There can’t be an influx of tourists to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Some Muslim countries still provide assistance to Armenia
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes OSCE MG co-chairs for failing to settle Karabakh conflict
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line
- 19.06.2017Popov: Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents stand for continuation of peace talks
- 19.06.2017Popov: Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement addressed to both sides
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani official accuses Armenia of continued provocations
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan will never give up principle of territorial integrity
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed
- 16.06.2017IDP plight highlighted for new Westminster Parliament
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia’s policy aimed at maintaining status-quo hinders progress in Karabakh talks
- 16.06.2017Bryza: War is in interests of neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia
- 16.06.2017Ex-US ambassador: Armenia should withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 10.04.2017NATO says ‘it doesn’t want to even think of possibility of Armenia-Azerbaijan war’
- 11.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM: Common approach and principles should be applied to all conflicts
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Restoration of Jojug Marjanli is a historic event
- 10.04.2017Russian branch of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 09.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times