Ilham Aliyev: Extradition to Azerbaijan of person who illegally visited Karabakh was a lesson to others
“The Armenians attempt to cease the talks, but they will not achieve it,” said President Aliyev, noting that the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs have repeatedly stated that the status quo is unacceptable.
The Azerbaijani president called on the Minsk Group to increase pressure on Armenia.
“The UN Security Council adopted 4 resolutions on the conflict. These resolutions must be implemented unconditionally and the occupying forces must withdraw from the occupied territories. Despite all its attempts, Armenia’s non-destructive and non-friendly policy has been largely condemned,” he said.
“Azerbaijan is strengthening day after day and I’m sure this issue will sooner or later be fairly resolved,” added President Aliyev.
The Azerbaijani president noted that Armenia disgraced itself by holding a “referendum” in Nagorno-Karabakh as the conduct of this referendum drew immediate condemnation from neighboring countries, Minsk Group member countries, the EU, and other countries.
“By not recognizing the referendum, the whole world expressed support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity,” he said.
President Aliyev added that another success is that a person who had paid illegal visits to Nagorno-Karabakh was extradited to Azerbaijan.
“This was a lesson to that person who blatantly violated our laws, and also to others like him,” he stressed.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia abuses water as means of ‘ecological terror’
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Int’l community witnessed Armenia’s invasion policy once again
- 22.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 101 times
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 28.02.2017UN chief urges resumption of negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 28.02.2017Warlick: All details of April war have not been revealed so far
- 28.02.2017Minsk Group failed to ensure justice in Karabakh conflict: Turkish opposition leader
- 27.02.2017Khojaly Genocide hashtag among Top 5 on Twitter
- 27.02.2017ICRC: Dead bodies of soldiers collected from battlefield
- 27.02.2017Germany’s Social Democratic Party, Germany–South Caucasus parliamentary group issue statements on Khojaly Genocide