Fuad Huseynov: Armenia tries to resettle Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories
A breakout session, entitled “Promoting a welcoming culture towards migrants and refugees in municipal authorities”, was held on the sidelines of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 5, APA reported.
Thomas Rajacovics, head of department and spokesperson for integration and interfaith dialogue at the Mayor’s Office in the City of Graz stressed the importance of the integration of migrants.
Carmen Parra Rodríguez, Director of the Chair of Economy and Solidarity at Abat Oliba CEU University in Barcelona said that 30 percent of the population of Barcelona is migrants.
Patric Taran, President of Global Migration Policy Associates noted that migration is mainly observed in cities. “Migrants make 15 percent of the working force in Europe. In Germany, 20 percent of the working population is migrants, and it is higher than average indicator. Eighty-five million people with specific professions will be required only at universities till 2020. It shows the need for migrants,” he added.
Deputy Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs Fuad Huseynov said that despite its small population, the scale of the problem of refugees and internally displaced persons of Azerbaijan is the same as in Europe.
“More than 120,000 refugees and IDPs have been provided with new apartments. Six billion manats have been spent to solve the problems of refugees and IDPs,” said Huseynov. “The Azerbaijani state is developing a Great Return Program related to return of IDPs to their lands after liberation of the occupied territories. In this respect, I would like to emphasize the restoration of Jojug Marjanli village and residents’ preparation to return to their lands.”
The State Committee official stressed that there has never been ethnic and religious confrontation in Azerbaijan.
“Unfortunately, some countries, especially Armenia, have negative attitude towards refugees and migrants. Armenia does not want to accept, particularly, ethnic Armenians coming from Syria. It is trying to resettle Syrian Armenians in the occupied Azerbaijani territories”, he added.
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 23.12.2017High time to resolve Karabakh conflict – Turkish envoy
- 22.12.2017World’s superpowers not interested in resolving Karabakh problem – ISESCO
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is as valuable as that of all other countries
- 21.12.2017Idea of creating a second Armenian state is a ‘dangerous and sick logic’ – Azerbaijani president
- 20.12.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey supports Azerbaijan’s formula of Karabakh conflict settlement
- 20.12.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to be held in a European country
- 19.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.12.2017NATO hopes for positive change in Karabakh peace process, Gottemoeller says
- 17.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 16.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.12.2017Turkey: Armenia must be held accountable for crimes in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly
- 06.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times in 24 hours
- 06.05.2017Minsk Group co-chairs primarily serve their interests, says Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 06.05.2017Araz Azimov: Referendum on Nagorno-Karabakh can only take place with participation of entire Azerbaijani people
- 05.05.2017FM: Armenian army presence in occupied Azerbaijan lands remains major threat to regional peace
- 05.05.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Armenia tries to portray Karabakh conflict as Muslim-Christian confrontation
- 05.05.2017American journalist meets co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform