Fuad Huseynov: Armenia tries to resettle Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories
A breakout session, entitled “Promoting a welcoming culture towards migrants and refugees in municipal authorities”, was held on the sidelines of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 5, APA reported.
Thomas Rajacovics, head of department and spokesperson for integration and interfaith dialogue at the Mayor’s Office in the City of Graz stressed the importance of the integration of migrants.
Carmen Parra Rodríguez, Director of the Chair of Economy and Solidarity at Abat Oliba CEU University in Barcelona said that 30 percent of the population of Barcelona is migrants.
Patric Taran, President of Global Migration Policy Associates noted that migration is mainly observed in cities. “Migrants make 15 percent of the working force in Europe. In Germany, 20 percent of the working population is migrants, and it is higher than average indicator. Eighty-five million people with specific professions will be required only at universities till 2020. It shows the need for migrants,” he added.
Deputy Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs Fuad Huseynov said that despite its small population, the scale of the problem of refugees and internally displaced persons of Azerbaijan is the same as in Europe.
“More than 120,000 refugees and IDPs have been provided with new apartments. Six billion manats have been spent to solve the problems of refugees and IDPs,” said Huseynov. “The Azerbaijani state is developing a Great Return Program related to return of IDPs to their lands after liberation of the occupied territories. In this respect, I would like to emphasize the restoration of Jojug Marjanli village and residents’ preparation to return to their lands.”
The State Committee official stressed that there has never been ethnic and religious confrontation in Azerbaijan.
“Unfortunately, some countries, especially Armenia, have negative attitude towards refugees and migrants. Armenia does not want to accept, particularly, ethnic Armenians coming from Syria. It is trying to resettle Syrian Armenians in the occupied Azerbaijani territories”, he added.
- 24.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 24.09.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group release statement on the meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 24.09.2017Substantial negotiations on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement discussed in New York - UPDATED
- 23.09.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 23.09.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with OSCE Minsk Group Co-chairs - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with co-chairs today
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenian FM tries to portray Minsk Group co-chairs as ‘tourists’ or ‘event organizers’
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan declares US congressmen persona non grata
- 22.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 22.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally to protest Armenian MPs’ visit to Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on Sept. 23
- 21.09.2017Peace Platform congratulates Armenian, Azerbaijani peoples on Int’l Peace Day
- 21.09.2017Armenian MFA and MoD differ on idea of returning part of occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 21.09.2017Deputy PM: Peoples of Azerbaijan, Armenia tired of Karabakh conflict
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says US congressmen’s illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is being investigated
- 20.09.2017EU says it’s closely following Karabakh settlement process
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia tries to associate other countries with illegal occupation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan urges OIC countries to limit all forms of co-op with Armenia
- 20.09.2017OIC Contact Group mulls Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan at UN
- 20.09.2017Turkish president: “We need to work harder for the resolution of Nagorno Garabakh” - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs expected to meet on Sept. 23 - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017US co-chair says he hopes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs will create a basis for presidents’ meeting
- 18.09.2017ICRC: Issue of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev in spotlight
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never allow another Armenian state to be created in its sovereign territory
- 17.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 16.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 148 times
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s painful Karabakh problem is also Turkey’s problem – envoy
- 15.09.2017"France always sensitive about Karabakh conflict settlement process"
- 14.09.2017MP: Important to establish dialogue between Azerbaijani, Armenian youth within CIS
- 14.09.2017Farhad Badalbayli: Creation of OSCE Minsk Group was ‘biggest mistake’
- 14.09.2017Russian expert believes Karabakh conflict hinders strengthening of Moscow-Baku co-op
- 13.09.2017Turkish envoy: April battles showed what Azerbaijan is capable of doing
- 10.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 96 times
- 09.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: “We offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border” - INTERVIEW
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict ‘a major threat’ to regional peace, security
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill: Current situation on Karabakh conflict cannot be considered acceptable
- 08.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.09.2017US to allocate $1.5 mln for demining operations in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 06.07.2017Azerbaijani embassy prevents Armenian provocation in Lithuania
- 06.07.2017Rachida Dati: Armenia must stop targeting civilians for its unfounded and illegitimate political demands
- 06.07.2017Russia offers condolences over killing of two Azerbaijani civilians in Armenian shelling
- 05.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: “The world community should not turn a blind eye to the killing of innocent people”
- 05.07.2017EU: We support the statement made by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
- 05.07.2017British MP: "Targeting of civilians is a despicable act"