Fuad Huseynov: Armenia tries to resettle Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories
A breakout session, entitled “Promoting a welcoming culture towards migrants and refugees in municipal authorities”, was held on the sidelines of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 5, APA reported.
Thomas Rajacovics, head of department and spokesperson for integration and interfaith dialogue at the Mayor’s Office in the City of Graz stressed the importance of the integration of migrants.
Carmen Parra Rodríguez, Director of the Chair of Economy and Solidarity at Abat Oliba CEU University in Barcelona said that 30 percent of the population of Barcelona is migrants.
Patric Taran, President of Global Migration Policy Associates noted that migration is mainly observed in cities. “Migrants make 15 percent of the working force in Europe. In Germany, 20 percent of the working population is migrants, and it is higher than average indicator. Eighty-five million people with specific professions will be required only at universities till 2020. It shows the need for migrants,” he added.
Deputy Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs Fuad Huseynov said that despite its small population, the scale of the problem of refugees and internally displaced persons of Azerbaijan is the same as in Europe.
“More than 120,000 refugees and IDPs have been provided with new apartments. Six billion manats have been spent to solve the problems of refugees and IDPs,” said Huseynov. “The Azerbaijani state is developing a Great Return Program related to return of IDPs to their lands after liberation of the occupied territories. In this respect, I would like to emphasize the restoration of Jojug Marjanli village and residents’ preparation to return to their lands.”
The State Committee official stressed that there has never been ethnic and religious confrontation in Azerbaijan.
“Unfortunately, some countries, especially Armenia, have negative attitude towards refugees and migrants. Armenia does not want to accept, particularly, ethnic Armenians coming from Syria. It is trying to resettle Syrian Armenians in the occupied Azerbaijani territories”, he added.
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times in 24 hours
- 06.05.2017Minsk Group co-chairs primarily serve their interests, says Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 06.05.2017Araz Azimov: Referendum on Nagorno-Karabakh can only take place with participation of entire Azerbaijani people
- 05.05.2017FM: Armenian army presence in occupied Azerbaijan lands remains major threat to regional peace
- 05.05.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Armenia tries to portray Karabakh conflict as Muslim-Christian confrontation
- 05.05.2017American journalist meets co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform