Fuad Huseynov: Armenia tries to resettle Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories
A breakout session, entitled “Promoting a welcoming culture towards migrants and refugees in municipal authorities”, was held on the sidelines of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 5, APA reported.
Thomas Rajacovics, head of department and spokesperson for integration and interfaith dialogue at the Mayor’s Office in the City of Graz stressed the importance of the integration of migrants.
Carmen Parra Rodríguez, Director of the Chair of Economy and Solidarity at Abat Oliba CEU University in Barcelona said that 30 percent of the population of Barcelona is migrants.
Patric Taran, President of Global Migration Policy Associates noted that migration is mainly observed in cities. “Migrants make 15 percent of the working force in Europe. In Germany, 20 percent of the working population is migrants, and it is higher than average indicator. Eighty-five million people with specific professions will be required only at universities till 2020. It shows the need for migrants,” he added.
Deputy Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs Fuad Huseynov said that despite its small population, the scale of the problem of refugees and internally displaced persons of Azerbaijan is the same as in Europe.
“More than 120,000 refugees and IDPs have been provided with new apartments. Six billion manats have been spent to solve the problems of refugees and IDPs,” said Huseynov. “The Azerbaijani state is developing a Great Return Program related to return of IDPs to their lands after liberation of the occupied territories. In this respect, I would like to emphasize the restoration of Jojug Marjanli village and residents’ preparation to return to their lands.”
The State Committee official stressed that there has never been ethnic and religious confrontation in Azerbaijan.
“Unfortunately, some countries, especially Armenia, have negative attitude towards refugees and migrants. Armenia does not want to accept, particularly, ethnic Armenians coming from Syria. It is trying to resettle Syrian Armenians in the occupied Azerbaijani territories”, he added.
- 25.04.2018Turkish president calls for settlement of Karabakh conflict in line with int’l law
- 25.04.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 95 times
- 24.04.2018Andrew Schofer: U.S. continues to strongly support negotiated settlement to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2018DNA samples being taken from family members of those reported missing in Karabakh conflict – State Commission
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan says ready to continue Karabakh talks with sensible political forces in Armenia
- 24.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 06.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times in 24 hours
- 06.05.2017Minsk Group co-chairs primarily serve their interests, says Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 06.05.2017Araz Azimov: Referendum on Nagorno-Karabakh can only take place with participation of entire Azerbaijani people
- 05.05.2017FM: Armenian army presence in occupied Azerbaijan lands remains major threat to regional peace
- 05.05.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Armenia tries to portray Karabakh conflict as Muslim-Christian confrontation
- 05.05.2017American journalist meets co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform