Fuad Huseynov: Armenia tries to resettle Syrian Armenians in occupied Azerbaijani territories
A breakout session, entitled “Promoting a welcoming culture towards migrants and refugees in municipal authorities”, was held on the sidelines of the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 5, APA reported.
Thomas Rajacovics, head of department and spokesperson for integration and interfaith dialogue at the Mayor’s Office in the City of Graz stressed the importance of the integration of migrants.
Carmen Parra Rodríguez, Director of the Chair of Economy and Solidarity at Abat Oliba CEU University in Barcelona said that 30 percent of the population of Barcelona is migrants.
Patric Taran, President of Global Migration Policy Associates noted that migration is mainly observed in cities. “Migrants make 15 percent of the working force in Europe. In Germany, 20 percent of the working population is migrants, and it is higher than average indicator. Eighty-five million people with specific professions will be required only at universities till 2020. It shows the need for migrants,” he added.
Deputy Chairman of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs Fuad Huseynov said that despite its small population, the scale of the problem of refugees and internally displaced persons of Azerbaijan is the same as in Europe.
“More than 120,000 refugees and IDPs have been provided with new apartments. Six billion manats have been spent to solve the problems of refugees and IDPs,” said Huseynov. “The Azerbaijani state is developing a Great Return Program related to return of IDPs to their lands after liberation of the occupied territories. In this respect, I would like to emphasize the restoration of Jojug Marjanli village and residents’ preparation to return to their lands.”
The State Committee official stressed that there has never been ethnic and religious confrontation in Azerbaijan.
“Unfortunately, some countries, especially Armenia, have negative attitude towards refugees and migrants. Armenia does not want to accept, particularly, ethnic Armenians coming from Syria. It is trying to resettle Syrian Armenians in the occupied Azerbaijani territories”, he added.
- 20.11.201726 years have passed since Armenians shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 07.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta discusses Karabakh conflict with U.S. co-chair of OSCE MG
- 07.11.2017Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents is ‘a positive step’, says U.S. envoy
- 06.11.2017Dennis Sammut: Potential war in Karabakh won’t be like before
- 06.11.2017Turkey's municipal heads visit Jojug Marjanli
- 05.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 04.11.2017Anti-tank grenade blows up killing one and wounding two in Armenian military unit in Nagorno Narakabh
- 03.11.2017Women of Khojaly sends letter to CNN host Bourdain over his illegal visit to Karabakh
- 03.11.2017OSCE chief says ‘important’ to work with Russia to settle conflicts
- 03.11.2017U.S. supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says ambassador
- 06.05.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times in 24 hours
- 06.05.2017Minsk Group co-chairs primarily serve their interests, says Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 06.05.2017Araz Azimov: Referendum on Nagorno-Karabakh can only take place with participation of entire Azerbaijani people
- 05.05.2017FM: Armenian army presence in occupied Azerbaijan lands remains major threat to regional peace
- 05.05.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Armenia tries to portray Karabakh conflict as Muslim-Christian confrontation
- 05.05.2017American journalist meets co-coordinators of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform