Foreign diplomats, heads of int'l organizations visit Azerbaijan’s liberated village - UPDATED
Heads of diplomatic missions of foreign countries and international organizations accredited in Azerbaijan are on a visit to the Jabrayil district’s Jojug Marjanli village liberated from the Armenian occupation.
Hasanov thoroughly informed the 55-member delegation about the village.
The deputy PM noted that Jojug Marjanli was destroyed in five months under the Armenian occupation. He said the Armenian army had for years been firing at the village from Leletepe height.
The committee chairman said the demining work has been completed in 60 percent of 10 hectares of area allocated for the construction of a new residential settlement under the presidential decree.
Hasanov pointed out that five unexploded mortar shells were found from water wells.
Heads of diplomatic missions of foreign countries and international organizations accredited in Azerbaijan will today visit the Jabrayil district’s Jojug Marjanli village liberated from the Armenian occupation, the State Committee of Azerbaijan for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs, the organizer of the visit, told APA.
The visit is organized under the instructions given by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev at the conference, dedicated to the results of third year implementation of "The State Program on socio-economic development of the districts of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014-2018", which was held in Baku Jan. 30.
The State Committee of Azerbaijan for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs will receive 4 million manats from the Presidential Reserve Fund for 2017 for construction of 50 houses, a school building and the relevant infrastructure at the first stage, according to the order.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in Dec.1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
- 27.04.2017Florans Manjen: "Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is a priority for France"
- 26.04.2017Russia delivers a new batch of modern weapons and military equipment to Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017FM Mammadyarov to join tripartite meeting in Moscow – Foreign Ministry
- 26.04.2017Co-chairs meet with full Minsk Group in Vienna
- 26.04.2017Moscow: Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to meet on April 28
- 25.04.2017Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 25.04.2017French presidential candidate vows to make ‘every effort’ to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 25.04.2017Lavrov: Moscow sees OSCE’s desire to help resolve Karabakh conflict
- 25.04.2017The Independent’s article distorts situation in region: Azerbaijani MFA
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani army eliminates Armenian soldier who violated ceasefire
- 25.04.2017Hollande: No military solution to Karabakh conflict
- 24.04.2017‘Peace Ambassador’ of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Poland appointed
- 24.04.2017Foreign doctors to examine Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenians: State Commission
- 23.04.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 114 times
- 21.04.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform, NGO “The Caucasus Interface” agree upon cooperation
- 21.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs likely to meet on April 27
- 20.04.2017Polish health worker joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 20.04.2017Kamran Imanov: To justify its territorial claims, Armenia continues appropriation of Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan pleased with stance of Muslim countries on Karabakh conflict – PA official
- 19.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs may meet in Moscow
- 19.04.2017Associate Professor of Belarusian State University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to blacklist foreign companies operating illegally in its occupied territories
- 18.04.2017Russian Orthodox Church comments on CMO’s Khojaly appeal
- 17.04.2017Chairman of Association for Polish-Azerbaijani Cooperation joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.04.2017Head of Israeli Research Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.04.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister met with Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran
- 16.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 14.04.2017Grandson of Armenian Drama Theater founder joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 13.04.2017Moldovan political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 12.04.2017FM: Azerbaijan ready to provide all guarantees to both Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.04.2017German MP: Escalations of armed violence have to be prevented in order not to allow Khojaly tragedy to happen again
- 12.04.2017Professor of Tel-Aviv University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017OSCE announced details of its activities in the direction of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement in its annual report
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM calls for international pressure on Armenia
- 11.04.2017PABSEC: One out of every nine people in Azerbaijan is refugee or IDP
- 11.04.2017Ukrainian branch of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM: Common approach and principles should be applied to all conflicts
- 11.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017NATO says ‘it doesn’t want to even think of possibility of Armenia-Azerbaijan war’
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Extradition to Azerbaijan of person who illegally visited Karabakh was a lesson to others
- 15.02.2017Australian senator addresses parliament on Khojaly tragedy
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan soon to start construction of new settlement in liberated village
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes diplomats who refused to visit liberated Jojug Marjanli
- 15.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev gives instructions to provide Azerbaijani national hero’s family with housing
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs to meet in Munich
- 15.02.2017Russian, Armenian FMs to discuss Karabakh settlement