Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
The Senate of the Republic of Colombia has passed a decision on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
Azerbaijani Embassy in Colombia told APA that the decision signed by Vice-President of the Senate of Colombia, President of External Relations and National Defense Committee and senators was presented to head of Azerbaijan’s diplomatic mission in Colombia Ramil Farzaliyev.
According to the document, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide, members of the Senate paid tribute to the hundreds of victims of this tragic day and expressed solidarity with the people of Azerbaijan.
The decision underlines the importance of not witnessing painful facts like the killing of hundreds of Azerbaijani women, children and the elderly people by troops of the Republic of Armenia and separatists in Nagorno-Karabakh that was occurred 25 years ago - on February 26, 1992, in the history of the world again.
It says that the people of Colombia have also suffered from meaningless war for many years and expresses Colombia’s wish for the Azerbaijani and Armenian peoples to resolve the conflict through peace agreement.
The decision calls on Armenia to fulfill the UN Security Council’s resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884, and withdraw from occupied territories of Azerbaijan, including Nagorno Karabakh.
B y appealing to the international authorities, Azerbaijani people’s efforts to conduct negotiations with Armenian people to achieve peace with the guarantee of protection of human rights, international humanitarian rights and territorial integrity were welcomed in the decision.
This decision expresses the Columbian Senate’s support to Azerbaijani people.
In turn, on behalf of Azerbaijani people and government, Ramil Farzaliyev once more thanked Columbian Senate for standing by the justice, respect to memorial of victims of the Khojaly genocide and support to Azerbaijani people suffering from the conflict.
Columbian Senate adopted a decision on “illegal occupation of Azerbaijan’s territories” in 2012.
- 20.07.2017U.S. Department of State: The U.S. we will not accept the results of the so-called elections in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan says UN support for substantive talks on Karabakh settlement ‘highly appreciated’
- 20.07.2017Moscow: Place of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting not determined
- 19.07.2017Armenian soldier wounded in landmine explosion
- 19.07.2017Armenians set fire to Azerbaijan’s occupied territories
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: Co-chairs are not wizards, they cannot ensure desired level of security in region
- 19.07.2017Lapshin’s final statement: I feel sorry about what happened
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan says use of water resources as a means of eco terror and pressure is state policy in Armenia
- 19.07.2017Lukashevich: OSCE MG co-chairs prepare for meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in New York
- 19.07.2017Turkey urges Armenia to stop military provocations against Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani FM: Specific plan should be discussed for settling Karabakh conflict
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity supported by whole world
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan says holding illegal presidential election in Nagorno-Karabakh is ‘ridiculous’
- 17.07.2017Russia to be main organizer of planned meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA responds to European Parliament member who visited Nagorno-Karabakh
- 14.07.2017Armenian woman visits graves of Azerbaijani civilians killed in Alkhanli
- 14.07.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan remains committed to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says defense minister
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan capable of downing Iskander missiles – defense minister
- 13.07.2017Bahar Muradova: Armenia violated rules of war by committing military provocation in Alkhanli
- 13.07.2017Ambassador: France supports regular negotiations on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani MPs visit Armenian-shelled Alkhanli village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president calls for soonest resumption of substantive Karabakh talks
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Karabakh talks resumed without any preconditions
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president: Blood of little Zahra and her grandmother avenged
- 12.07.2017Baku: Mammadyarov, Nalbandian didn’t discuss creating any mechanisms
- 12.07.2017OSCE MG proposes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 12.07.2017Russia’s Border Service edits info about exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 12.07.2017Argentine senator condemns Armenia's military provocation in Azerbaijani village
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani MFA: De-escalating the conflict without withdrawing the Armenian troops from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan would not bring solution to the problem
- 12.07.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to take part in New York
- 11.07.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers starts
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appeals to Russia in regard to holding of exercises in its occupied territories
- 11.07.2017Chilean senator condemns Armenian military provocation in Azerbaijan’s Alkhanli
- 11.07.2017MEPs criticize Armenian shelling of Azerbaijani civilians
- 11.07.2017Russian, Armenian FMs mull Karabakh peace process
- 11.07.2017Baku: Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to focus on current state of negotiation process
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Brussels
- 10.07.2017Dmitry Peskov: "We urge all parties to restrain and observe existing agreements"
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history