Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
The Senate of the Republic of Colombia has passed a decision on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
Azerbaijani Embassy in Colombia told APA that the decision signed by Vice-President of the Senate of Colombia, President of External Relations and National Defense Committee and senators was presented to head of Azerbaijan’s diplomatic mission in Colombia Ramil Farzaliyev.
According to the document, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide, members of the Senate paid tribute to the hundreds of victims of this tragic day and expressed solidarity with the people of Azerbaijan.
The decision underlines the importance of not witnessing painful facts like the killing of hundreds of Azerbaijani women, children and the elderly people by troops of the Republic of Armenia and separatists in Nagorno-Karabakh that was occurred 25 years ago - on February 26, 1992, in the history of the world again.
It says that the people of Colombia have also suffered from meaningless war for many years and expresses Colombia’s wish for the Azerbaijani and Armenian peoples to resolve the conflict through peace agreement.
The decision calls on Armenia to fulfill the UN Security Council’s resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884, and withdraw from occupied territories of Azerbaijan, including Nagorno Karabakh.
B y appealing to the international authorities, Azerbaijani people’s efforts to conduct negotiations with Armenian people to achieve peace with the guarantee of protection of human rights, international humanitarian rights and territorial integrity were welcomed in the decision.
This decision expresses the Columbian Senate’s support to Azerbaijani people.
In turn, on behalf of Azerbaijani people and government, Ramil Farzaliyev once more thanked Columbian Senate for standing by the justice, respect to memorial of victims of the Khojaly genocide and support to Azerbaijani people suffering from the conflict.
Columbian Senate adopted a decision on “illegal occupation of Azerbaijan’s territories” in 2012.
- 30.03.2017Tunisian Organization "Women For Sustainable Development" joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 30.03.2017Moscow: No information about Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting
- 30.03.2017Russia Foreign Ministry to make statement on anniversary of April escalation in Karabakh
- 30.03.2017Author of Switzerland’s Universal Code of Ethic joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 29.03.2017OSCE MG: Respect for ceasefire is of utmost importance for further talks on Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.2017Iran’s stance on territorial integrity of Azerbaijan remains unchanged – Embassy
- 29.03.2017GATA head joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 29.03.2017Historian scholar from Uzbekistan joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 29.03.2017Popov: Agreement reached to expand Kasprzyk’s office
- 29.03.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 28.03.2017France is ready to host meeting between Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents on its territory
- 28.03.2017Lukashenko: Armenia, Azerbaijan should resolve Karabakh conflict without mediators
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijan expresses protest over Iranian musician’s concert in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan appeals to OSCE MG member countries over Sargsyan’s statement
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Moscow
- 27.03.2017OSCE MG co-chairs, Armenian FM mull Karabakh settlement
- 27.03.2017Armenia begins excavations at mosque in occupied Shusha
- 27.03.2017Ukrainian scientist joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 26.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 118 times
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan’s military leadership visits frontline
- 23.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2017Armenian armed forces holding military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.03.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2017Kwasniewski: No chance of progress in Karabakh talks without implementation of UN resolutions
- 17.03.2017Former Kyrgyz PM comments on country’s refusal to sign ECO declaration
- 16.03.2017Moscow says nothing hidden in Karabakh talks
- 16.03.2017Russian political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Change in status quo means liberation of occupied Azerbaijan lands
- 15.03.2017PACE members meet with IDPs
- 15.03.2017Putin: Russia continues to assist in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.03.2017French president urges progress towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2017Georgian professor joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 15.03.2017Books by Lithuanian authors on Armenian aggression presented in Baku
- 15.03.2017Khalaf Khalafov: Armenia encourages relocation of Syrian and Lebanese Armenians to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 15.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity cannot be negotiated
- 15.03.2017French President: “The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable”
- 15.03.2017Azerbaijani President: “For the first stage, negotiations should be resumed as soon as possible”
- 14.03.2017Int’l conference on Karabakh conflict underway in Baku
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev urges foreign companies to avoid illegal activity in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 14.03.2017Russian journalist: Majority of Karabakh Armenians were forcibly “armenianized”
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history