Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
The Senate of the Republic of Colombia has passed a decision on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
Azerbaijani Embassy in Colombia told APA that the decision signed by Vice-President of the Senate of Colombia, President of External Relations and National Defense Committee and senators was presented to head of Azerbaijan’s diplomatic mission in Colombia Ramil Farzaliyev.
According to the document, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide, members of the Senate paid tribute to the hundreds of victims of this tragic day and expressed solidarity with the people of Azerbaijan.
The decision underlines the importance of not witnessing painful facts like the killing of hundreds of Azerbaijani women, children and the elderly people by troops of the Republic of Armenia and separatists in Nagorno-Karabakh that was occurred 25 years ago - on February 26, 1992, in the history of the world again.
It says that the people of Colombia have also suffered from meaningless war for many years and expresses Colombia’s wish for the Azerbaijani and Armenian peoples to resolve the conflict through peace agreement.
The decision calls on Armenia to fulfill the UN Security Council’s resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884, and withdraw from occupied territories of Azerbaijan, including Nagorno Karabakh.
B y appealing to the international authorities, Azerbaijani people’s efforts to conduct negotiations with Armenian people to achieve peace with the guarantee of protection of human rights, international humanitarian rights and territorial integrity were welcomed in the decision.
This decision expresses the Columbian Senate’s support to Azerbaijani people.
In turn, on behalf of Azerbaijani people and government, Ramil Farzaliyev once more thanked Columbian Senate for standing by the justice, respect to memorial of victims of the Khojaly genocide and support to Azerbaijani people suffering from the conflict.
Columbian Senate adopted a decision on “illegal occupation of Azerbaijan’s territories” in 2012.
- 12.12.2017France ambassador to Armenia: Karabakh conflict not “frozen”
- 11.12.2017Lukashevich: 2017 best remembered for resumption of Karabakh peace talks
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats hail work done in Azerbaijan to improve IDPs’ living conditions – Hikmat Hajiyev
- 11.12.2017American researcher: Territorial integrity, sovereignty of states must be respected
- 11.12.2017France will continue to work towards Karabakh conflict settlement – envoy
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats in Azerbaijan, journalists, heads of int’l organizations visit Tartar district
- 10.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenian army opens fire at village in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: Work underway to increase number of OSCE observers for Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2017Direct dialogue over Karabakh settlement doesn’t produce any visible progress, says Russian FM
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: December 7 statement affirms principles for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: “Certain forces in the region are not interested in changing status-quo”
- 07.12.2017Co-chair countries issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Baku supports dialogue between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.12.2017Ukrainian FM calls for increased efforts to settle conflicts on territories of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova
- 07.12.2017U.S. supports Minsk Group efforts to find solution to Karabakh conflict – Tillerson
- 07.12.2017OSCE PA President: Increasingly intense hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh cause deep concern
- 07.12.2017Foreign Ministry: Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers in January
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017Armenian FM meets OSCE MG co-chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017European Court of Human Rights to deliver new judgment in case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 06.12.2017Armenia conducts military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani parl’t deputy speaker highlights illicit drug trafficking in Nagorno-Karabakh at int’l conference in Moscow
- 03.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 30.11.2017Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2017Armenia again launches military exercises in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands
- 28.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: EaP summit declaration reaffirms support for territorial integrity of member countries
- 28.11.2017Armenian historian: Karabakh – integral, unique part of Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017Armenia hands over body of Azerbaijani soldier
- 28.11.2017Artur Agajanov: People-to-people diplomacy plays leading role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 28.11.2017State Commission: Efforts to release Azerbaijani hostages failed due to Armenia’s inhumane position
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijan: Arsen Bagdasaryan is ‘not a prisoner of war’, work underway with int’l organizations for Karapetyan
- 28.11.2017US political analyst: Armenia is ‘a threat to Europe and whole world’
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history