Colombian Senate passes decision on 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
The Senate of the Republic of Colombia has passed a decision on the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide.
Azerbaijani Embassy in Colombia told APA that the decision signed by Vice-President of the Senate of Colombia, President of External Relations and National Defense Committee and senators was presented to head of Azerbaijan’s diplomatic mission in Colombia Ramil Farzaliyev.
According to the document, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide, members of the Senate paid tribute to the hundreds of victims of this tragic day and expressed solidarity with the people of Azerbaijan.
The decision underlines the importance of not witnessing painful facts like the killing of hundreds of Azerbaijani women, children and the elderly people by troops of the Republic of Armenia and separatists in Nagorno-Karabakh that was occurred 25 years ago - on February 26, 1992, in the history of the world again.
It says that the people of Colombia have also suffered from meaningless war for many years and expresses Colombia’s wish for the Azerbaijani and Armenian peoples to resolve the conflict through peace agreement.
The decision calls on Armenia to fulfill the UN Security Council’s resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884, and withdraw from occupied territories of Azerbaijan, including Nagorno Karabakh.
B y appealing to the international authorities, Azerbaijani people’s efforts to conduct negotiations with Armenian people to achieve peace with the guarantee of protection of human rights, international humanitarian rights and territorial integrity were welcomed in the decision.
This decision expresses the Columbian Senate’s support to Azerbaijani people.
In turn, on behalf of Azerbaijani people and government, Ramil Farzaliyev once more thanked Columbian Senate for standing by the justice, respect to memorial of victims of the Khojaly genocide and support to Azerbaijani people suffering from the conflict.
Columbian Senate adopted a decision on “illegal occupation of Azerbaijan’s territories” in 2012.
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: 'Armenian leadership had better read UN Security Council resolutions'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 18.03.2017Armenia lost hopes and lives with depression – Azerbaijani president
- 19.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 136 times
- 20.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 143 times
- 17.03.2017Ex-presidents express support for Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017Cultural worker from Ukraine joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.03.2017PM: April battles – a victorious page of Azerbaijan’s military history