Chilean senator condemns Armenian military provocation in Azerbaijan’s Alkhanli
Chilean Senator Ivan Moreira has condemned Armenia’s latest military provocation on the front line which resulted in the death of two Azerbaijani civilians, one of them a 2-year-old toddler.
The senator’s letter, which has been sent to the Embassy of Azerbaijan in Chile, expresses support to the people of Azerbaijan and condemns Armenia’s policy of aggression, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs told APA.
Senator Ivan Moreira, who is also the head of the friendship group with Azerbaijan, offered his condolences to the people of Azerbaijan over the civilian deaths, calling the Alkhanli incident a “relentless act of terrorism.”
“The entire international community has a moral responsibility to protest against violence and declare its commitment to the fight against terrorism” the Chilean senator said in the letter.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Turkish Ambassador to Russia: "In Sochi, Erdogan and Putin discussed the Nagorno Karabakh conflict only in a tete-a-tete meeting"
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appeals to Russia in regard to holding of exercises in its occupied territories
- 11.07.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers starts
- 12.07.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs to take part in New York
- 11.07.2017MEPs criticize Armenian shelling of Azerbaijani civilians
- 11.07.2017Russian, Armenian FMs mull Karabakh peace process
- 11.07.2017Baku: Meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to focus on current state of negotiation process