Baku says Armenian FM has special phobia against substantive negotiations
Armenia’s foreign minister has a special phobia against substantive negotiations, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA.
He was commenting on the remarks Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian made at a joint press conference with his Luxembourgian counterpart in Yerevan on March 27.
“The Armenian foreign minister seems to be seriously concerned by the fact that the negotiations on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict have been continuing on a concrete basis since the fall of 2017,” Hajiyev noted.
The spokesman stressed that Armenia is trying every possible way to negotiate for the sake of negotiating and to simply imitate the negotiations.
“By this means, Armenia is seeking to prolong the negotiation process and continue the occupation of Azerbaijani territories,” he said. “Instead of putting an end to the occupation fact—which is the chief reason behind the conflict—and withdrawing its troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, Armenia’s political-military leadership is deliberately attempting to divert the attention to technical and auxiliary issues.”
It is a historical fact that the state of Armenia was established on ancient Azerbaijani lands, Hajiyev emphasized.
“We recommend the political and military leadership of Armenia to take a look at the statistics of the census, held only in the city of Irevan by the Tsarist Russia in the early 19th century,” he added.
The spokesman noted that the Armenian government, which still lives with the myth of “great Armenia”, deceives its own people through various legends, makes territorial claims against neighboring nations and pursues an aggression policy.
To ensure lasting peace and security in the region, the Armenian government must admit responsibility for the actions committed against the Azerbaijani state and people, fulfill its obligations under the UN Charter, comply with the norms and principles of international law, and must immediately, unconditionally and completely withdraw its troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, as reflected in the relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council, concluded Hajiyev.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 28.03.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.03.20183 HALO Trust employees killed, 2 injured in landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.03.2018Baku: Armenia responsible for vandalism against Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 26.03.2018Minister: Armenia prevents visit of fact-finding missions to region
- 25.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 109 times