Azerbaijani FM: Fair solution to Karabakh conflict to lead comprehensive regional development
A fair solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will lead to a comprehensive development of the region, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview to the UAE daily newspaper Al Fajr, APA reported.
The minister said Azerbaijan has carried out a successful political and economic course since becoming independent on 18 October 1991, noting that the structure of its developing national economy has led to great results.
“The people’s well-being has risen significantly. The image of the country and the capital in particular has modernized considerably, embodying a blend of antiquity and modernity,” said Mammadyarov, adding that substantial reforms are being carried out today in order to develop Azerbaijan’s economy and diversify the non-oil sector.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan has become the most attractive place for foreign investors.
“Based on the promising present situation, I have to say that my expectations are even more promising. We’re carrying out giant global energy and transportation projects like TAP, TANAP, Great Silk Road, North-South, etc. It’s going to further strengthen our country’s political and economic independence and boost our people’s well-being,” said the minister.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is located in a unique geographical region, where important global energy and transport corridors stretch through.
"Despite the global economic crisis and political chaos, Azerbaijan’s stability and its recognition as a reliable partner in the world create favorable conditions for the implementation of global projects. Such factors attract large players and boost our international influence,” he added.
Mammadyarov stressed that today Azerbaijan is considered to be the most important and promising country in the region from geopolitical and geo-economic point of view.
“In the system of energy export corridors and transport communication, Azerbaijan is in a favorable position. It is no coincidence that our country acts as the initiator and is a participant of all international projects being implemented in the region,” he said.
As the leading country in the region, Azerbaijan has in recent years successfully organized a number of international cultural and sports events, said Mammadyarov, adding that this further increases the geopolitical significance of Azerbaijan and strengthens its influence on the international arena.
Related news releases
- 24.06.2017Erdogan: "Turkey and Azerbaijan are on the same position on Karabakh issue"
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani army adequately retaliated against enemy a week ago – President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017EU: Ceasefire violations indicate status quo in Karabak conflict ‘unsustainable’
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan’s refugee and IDP pain highlighted in the French Senate
- 22.06.2017Moscow says OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement fully reflects its stance
- 22.06.2017MFA spokesman: OSCE MG co-chairs should draw conclusions from public discontent in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017ICRC begins dialogue with parties on Armenian scout captured by Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2017U.S. Department of State: "The United States is deeply concerned over the recent violations of the ceasefire"
- 21.06.2017ICRC visits Azerbaijani detainees in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan removes Japanese blogger from ‘black list’
- 21.06.2017Stark reminders of Azerbaijan’s IDP plight come to Brussels
- 21.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 20.06.2017EU envoy expresses concern over situation in South Caucasus
- 20.06.2017Minister: There can’t be an influx of tourists to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Some Muslim countries still provide assistance to Armenia
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes OSCE MG co-chairs for failing to settle Karabakh conflict
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line
- 19.06.2017Popov: Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents stand for continuation of peace talks
- 19.06.2017Popov: Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement addressed to both sides
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani official accuses Armenia of continued provocations
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan will never give up principle of territorial integrity
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed
- 16.06.2017IDP plight highlighted for new Westminster Parliament
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia’s policy aimed at maintaining status-quo hinders progress in Karabakh talks
- 16.06.2017Bryza: War is in interests of neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia
- 16.06.2017Ex-US ambassador: Armenia should withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No progress will be achieved in Karabakh talks until US, Russia come to agreement
- 06.03.2017Moscow stresses need to reduce mistrust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017UK supports talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.03.2017Petition initiated for recognition of Khojaly Genocide by Russian State Duma
- 06.03.2017Another social activist from Armenia joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times