Azerbaijani FM: Fair solution to Karabakh conflict to lead comprehensive regional development
A fair solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will lead to a comprehensive development of the region, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview to the UAE daily newspaper Al Fajr, APA reported.
The minister said Azerbaijan has carried out a successful political and economic course since becoming independent on 18 October 1991, noting that the structure of its developing national economy has led to great results.
“The people’s well-being has risen significantly. The image of the country and the capital in particular has modernized considerably, embodying a blend of antiquity and modernity,” said Mammadyarov, adding that substantial reforms are being carried out today in order to develop Azerbaijan’s economy and diversify the non-oil sector.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan has become the most attractive place for foreign investors.
“Based on the promising present situation, I have to say that my expectations are even more promising. We’re carrying out giant global energy and transportation projects like TAP, TANAP, Great Silk Road, North-South, etc. It’s going to further strengthen our country’s political and economic independence and boost our people’s well-being,” said the minister.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is located in a unique geographical region, where important global energy and transport corridors stretch through.
"Despite the global economic crisis and political chaos, Azerbaijan’s stability and its recognition as a reliable partner in the world create favorable conditions for the implementation of global projects. Such factors attract large players and boost our international influence,” he added.
Mammadyarov stressed that today Azerbaijan is considered to be the most important and promising country in the region from geopolitical and geo-economic point of view.
“In the system of energy export corridors and transport communication, Azerbaijan is in a favorable position. It is no coincidence that our country acts as the initiator and is a participant of all international projects being implemented in the region,” he said.
As the leading country in the region, Azerbaijan has in recent years successfully organized a number of international cultural and sports events, said Mammadyarov, adding that this further increases the geopolitical significance of Azerbaijan and strengthens its influence on the international arena.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform, NGO “The Caucasus Interface” agree upon cooperation
- 21.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs likely to meet on April 27
- 20.04.2017Polish health worker joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 20.04.2017Kamran Imanov: To justify its territorial claims, Armenia continues appropriation of Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan pleased with stance of Muslim countries on Karabakh conflict – PA official
- 19.04.2017Russian, Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs may meet in Moscow
- 19.04.2017Associate Professor of Belarusian State University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to blacklist foreign companies operating illegally in its occupied territories
- 18.04.2017Russian Orthodox Church comments on CMO’s Khojaly appeal
- 17.04.2017Chairman of Association for Polish-Azerbaijani Cooperation joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 17.04.2017Head of Israeli Research Center joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 16.04.2017Azerbaijan Defense Minister met with Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council of Iran
- 16.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 120 times
- 14.04.2017Grandson of Armenian Drama Theater founder joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 13.04.2017Moldovan political analyst joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 12.04.2017FM: Azerbaijan ready to provide all guarantees to both Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.04.2017German MP: Escalations of armed violence have to be prevented in order not to allow Khojaly tragedy to happen again
- 12.04.2017Professor of Tel-Aviv University joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017OSCE announced details of its activities in the direction of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement in its annual report
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM calls for international pressure on Armenia
- 11.04.2017PABSEC: One out of every nine people in Azerbaijan is refugee or IDP
- 11.04.2017Ukrainian branch of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani FM: Common approach and principles should be applied to all conflicts
- 11.04.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017NATO says ‘it doesn’t want to even think of possibility of Armenia-Azerbaijan war’
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Extradition to Azerbaijan of person who illegally visited Karabakh was a lesson to others
- 10.04.2017Azerbaijani president: Restoration of Jojug Marjanli is a historic event
- 10.04.2017Russian branch of Int’l Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 09.04.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 132 times
- 07.04.2017Lukashenko calls on CIS to play active role in resolving conflicts in post-Soviet space
- 07.04.2017International Human Rights Society joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 07.04.2017French journalist appeals to Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry
- 07.04.2017EU says status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh unacceptable
- 06.04.2017Human rights activist Saadat Bananyarli joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 06.04.2017Azerbaijan erects monument to soldiers martyred fighting for Lele Tepe
- 06.04.2017March held in Horadiz to celebrate anniversary of April victories
- 06.04.2017Israeli envoy: There was hope for Karabakh conflict settlement after last year’s April escalation
- 05.04.2017France fully committed to lasting solution to Karabakh conflict
- 05.04.2017Russian MFA makes statement on anniversary of April escalation in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 05.04.2017Writer Elchin Huseynbeyli joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 06.03.2017Moscow stresses need to reduce mistrust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017UK supports talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.03.2017Petition initiated for recognition of Khojaly Genocide by Russian State Duma
- 06.03.2017Another social activist from Armenia joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times