Azerbaijani FM: Fair solution to Karabakh conflict to lead comprehensive regional development
A fair solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will lead to a comprehensive development of the region, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview to the UAE daily newspaper Al Fajr, APA reported.
The minister said Azerbaijan has carried out a successful political and economic course since becoming independent on 18 October 1991, noting that the structure of its developing national economy has led to great results.
“The people’s well-being has risen significantly. The image of the country and the capital in particular has modernized considerably, embodying a blend of antiquity and modernity,” said Mammadyarov, adding that substantial reforms are being carried out today in order to develop Azerbaijan’s economy and diversify the non-oil sector.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan has become the most attractive place for foreign investors.
“Based on the promising present situation, I have to say that my expectations are even more promising. We’re carrying out giant global energy and transportation projects like TAP, TANAP, Great Silk Road, North-South, etc. It’s going to further strengthen our country’s political and economic independence and boost our people’s well-being,” said the minister.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is located in a unique geographical region, where important global energy and transport corridors stretch through.
"Despite the global economic crisis and political chaos, Azerbaijan’s stability and its recognition as a reliable partner in the world create favorable conditions for the implementation of global projects. Such factors attract large players and boost our international influence,” he added.
Mammadyarov stressed that today Azerbaijan is considered to be the most important and promising country in the region from geopolitical and geo-economic point of view.
“In the system of energy export corridors and transport communication, Azerbaijan is in a favorable position. It is no coincidence that our country acts as the initiator and is a participant of all international projects being implemented in the region,” he said.
As the leading country in the region, Azerbaijan has in recent years successfully organized a number of international cultural and sports events, said Mammadyarov, adding that this further increases the geopolitical significance of Azerbaijan and strengthens its influence on the international arena.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 30.03.2018Ogtay Asadov: Illusion of “greater Armenia” has always brought disasters on South Caucasus
- 29.03.2018Russian FM and OSCE Secretary General to discuss Karabakh conflict
- 29.03.20183 HALO Trust employees killed, 2 injured in landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 29.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 28.03.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 27.03.2018Baku says Armenian FM has special phobia against substantive negotiations
- 27.03.2018Baku: Armenia responsible for vandalism against Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 06.03.2017Moscow stresses need to reduce mistrust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017UK supports talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.03.2017Petition initiated for recognition of Khojaly Genocide by Russian State Duma
- 06.03.2017Another social activist from Armenia joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times