Azerbaijani FM: Fair solution to Karabakh conflict to lead comprehensive regional development
A fair solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will lead to a comprehensive development of the region, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview to the UAE daily newspaper Al Fajr, APA reported.
The minister said Azerbaijan has carried out a successful political and economic course since becoming independent on 18 October 1991, noting that the structure of its developing national economy has led to great results.
“The people’s well-being has risen significantly. The image of the country and the capital in particular has modernized considerably, embodying a blend of antiquity and modernity,” said Mammadyarov, adding that substantial reforms are being carried out today in order to develop Azerbaijan’s economy and diversify the non-oil sector.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan has become the most attractive place for foreign investors.
“Based on the promising present situation, I have to say that my expectations are even more promising. We’re carrying out giant global energy and transportation projects like TAP, TANAP, Great Silk Road, North-South, etc. It’s going to further strengthen our country’s political and economic independence and boost our people’s well-being,” said the minister.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is located in a unique geographical region, where important global energy and transport corridors stretch through.
"Despite the global economic crisis and political chaos, Azerbaijan’s stability and its recognition as a reliable partner in the world create favorable conditions for the implementation of global projects. Such factors attract large players and boost our international influence,” he added.
Mammadyarov stressed that today Azerbaijan is considered to be the most important and promising country in the region from geopolitical and geo-economic point of view.
“In the system of energy export corridors and transport communication, Azerbaijan is in a favorable position. It is no coincidence that our country acts as the initiator and is a participant of all international projects being implemented in the region,” he said.
As the leading country in the region, Azerbaijan has in recent years successfully organized a number of international cultural and sports events, said Mammadyarov, adding that this further increases the geopolitical significance of Azerbaijan and strengthens its influence on the international arena.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017“Peace Ambassador” of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Ukraine appointed
- 23.05.2017Polish magazine dedicates article to Khojaly genocide
- 23.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to make proposal in relation to Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2017Armenians warned over planned anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Russia’s Kursk
- 22.05.2017McAllister: European Parliament not responsible for some MEPs’ visits to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 20.05.2017German FM: CE monitoring instruments’ should have access to Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions
- 20.05.2017Armenian soldier violating ceasefire killed
- 19.05.2017Azerbaijani defense ministry comments on video spread by Armenians
- 19.05.2017Association of European Journalists joins to Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 19.05.2017Baku says OSCE MG co-chairs’ latest statement is ‘symptomatic’ in nature
- 19.05.2017The Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group released statement on the recent escalation in Nagorno Karabakh conflict zone
- 18.05.2017Moscow urges Karabakh conflict sides to avoid further escalation
- 18.05.201725 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Lachin district by Armenia
- 17.05.2017OSCE chairman to visit South Caucasus – press officer
- 17.05.2017Russian historian: People believe Russia occupied Karabakh and will never admit it
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Defense Ministry commented on reports that spread on some media about Armenia possible to shoot the helicopter of Defense Minister
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan approves rules for ensuring security in frontline settlements
- 16.05.2017OSCE PA draft resolution urges Karabakh conflict parties to return to negotiation table
- 15.05.2017OSA missile system of Armenia was destroyed
- 14.05.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.05.2017OSCE MG co-chairs likely to visit the region in coming months
- 12.05.2017Peace ambassador of Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform from Russia appointed
- 12.05.2017Listing of people who went missing during Karabakh conflict almost finished
- 12.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform members hold meeting
- 10.05.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform presented at int’l forum in Egypt
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US should play more active role in Karabakh settlement process
- 10.05.2017Hoagland: US, Russia will continue to cooperate on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia's occupation policy is attack not only on Azerbaijan, but also on historical and cultural heritage of Islam
- 10.05.2017OSCE MG US co-chair calls for serious high-level talks on Karabakh conflict
- 10.05.2017ICRC in Nagorno-Karabakh visits Azerbaijani detainees
- 09.05.2017Ambassador: Belarus supports peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 09.05.2017Three Armenian soldiers drown as a result of accident
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan removes Spanish journalist from ‘black list’
- 08.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Hope France’s efforts to contribute to fair settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: Great powers can silence Armenia within hours
- 08.05.2017Occupation of Shusha was part of Armenia’s systematic policy of aggression against Azerbaijan – Foreign Ministry
- 07.05.2017Azerbaijan arrests group of servicemen, civilians involved in conspiracy with Armenian intelligence services
- 07.05.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 121 times
- 06.05.2017Baku says scheme of coordinated actions needed for Armenia’s withdrawal from Azerbaijani lands
- 06.03.2017Moscow stresses need to reduce mistrust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017UK supports talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.03.2017Petition initiated for recognition of Khojaly Genocide by Russian State Duma
- 06.03.2017Another social activist from Armenia joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times