Azerbaijani FM: Fair solution to Karabakh conflict to lead comprehensive regional development
A fair solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will lead to a comprehensive development of the region, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview to the UAE daily newspaper Al Fajr, APA reported.
The minister said Azerbaijan has carried out a successful political and economic course since becoming independent on 18 October 1991, noting that the structure of its developing national economy has led to great results.
“The people’s well-being has risen significantly. The image of the country and the capital in particular has modernized considerably, embodying a blend of antiquity and modernity,” said Mammadyarov, adding that substantial reforms are being carried out today in order to develop Azerbaijan’s economy and diversify the non-oil sector.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan has become the most attractive place for foreign investors.
“Based on the promising present situation, I have to say that my expectations are even more promising. We’re carrying out giant global energy and transportation projects like TAP, TANAP, Great Silk Road, North-South, etc. It’s going to further strengthen our country’s political and economic independence and boost our people’s well-being,” said the minister.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan is located in a unique geographical region, where important global energy and transport corridors stretch through.
"Despite the global economic crisis and political chaos, Azerbaijan’s stability and its recognition as a reliable partner in the world create favorable conditions for the implementation of global projects. Such factors attract large players and boost our international influence,” he added.
Mammadyarov stressed that today Azerbaijan is considered to be the most important and promising country in the region from geopolitical and geo-economic point of view.
“In the system of energy export corridors and transport communication, Azerbaijan is in a favorable position. It is no coincidence that our country acts as the initiator and is a participant of all international projects being implemented in the region,” he said.
As the leading country in the region, Azerbaijan has in recent years successfully organized a number of international cultural and sports events, said Mammadyarov, adding that this further increases the geopolitical significance of Azerbaijan and strengthens its influence on the international arena.
Related news releases
- 25.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 114 times
- 24.02.2018Exhibition of "The voice of Karabakh" paintings and literary-artistic event held
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani FM and General Prosecutor’s Office: Armenia bears responsibility for Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018What happened in Khojaly is terrible, U.S envoy says
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2017Moscow stresses need to reduce mistrust between Armenia, Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017UK supports talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.03.2017Petition initiated for recognition of Khojaly Genocide by Russian State Duma
- 06.03.2017Another social activist from Armenia joins Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 05.03.2017Rouhani: Karabakh conflict should be resolved through political means
- 05.03.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 126 times