Azerbaijani ambassador: Armenia's shelling of Alkhanli village is ‘act of vandalism and terrorism’
The shelling of the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4 that resulted in death of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two years old grand daughter Zahra Guliyeva is an act of vandalism and terrorism, said Azerbaijani ambassador to Moldova Qudsi Osmanov, APA reported citing Moldova’s Tribuna publication.
“The norms of international law constitute the basis of protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the modern world. Though the entire civilized world is dealing with improving the norms and laws that protect human rights, the criminal Armenian state still continues its purposeful aggression against Azerbaijani civilians. The victims of the Armenian aggressors are again women and children as they were in Khojaly 25 years ago. On July 4, Armenian armed forces shelled civilians and civilian facilities in the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district and consequently a woman and two-year-old girl were killed. This can only be called an act of vandalism and terrorism,” said the ambassador.
He reminded that the civilian population of Azerbaijan in the villages nearby the contact line of the troops was also shelled by Armenian armed forces in the occupied Azerbaijani territories in April 2016.
The ambassador urged the world community to pay attention to the fact that Armenia, which is trying to put the so-called "genocide" on the agenda of international organizations, today is violating the fundamental human rights and freedoms before the eyes of the whole world, deliberately killing civilians and children.
“At the same time, people, including international experts, political scientists, politicians, MPs and human rights defenders who raise international awareness about Armenia's criminal acts, are attacked and persecuted by the politicized Armenian diaspora around the world. One of such vivid examples is the Ombudsperson of Moldova, Aurelia Grigoriu, who showed courage in the Parliament of Armenia, calling Armenia's actions in Karabakh an aggression that has been lasted for more than 25 years and occupation of 20 percent of the territory of Azerbaijan. The Ombudsperson stated that these actions contradict international law,” he added.
He noted that unless the world community forces the Armenian authorities to immediately withdraw their troops from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, decisions and resolutions of international organizations, civilians will continue to be at risk and to be targeted by Armenian criminals and invaders, and their actions, leading to more child deaths.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: What do co-chairs think about Armenian president who promised and then took different step?!
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani soldier killed during Armenian provocation laid to rest
- 22.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 07.07.2017US bishop sends letter to Armenian president over killing of two-year-old Zahra
- 07.07.2017Belarus expresses regret over death of Azerbaijani civilians
- 07.07.2017UN calls for de-escalation of tensions in Karabakh conflict zone
- 07.07.2017German MP makes statement on Armenian atrocities in Azerbaijan's Fuzuli
- 07.07.2017Hikmet Hajiyev: “The OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs assessed the events in Alkhanly as provocations in the latest statement”
- 07.07.2017Members of the European Parliament strictly condemned Armenian war crime