Azerbaijani ambassador: Armenia's shelling of Alkhanli village is ‘act of vandalism and terrorism’
The shelling of the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district by Armenian armed forces on July 4 that resulted in death of Sahiba Guliyeva and her two years old grand daughter Zahra Guliyeva is an act of vandalism and terrorism, said Azerbaijani ambassador to Moldova Qudsi Osmanov, APA reported citing Moldova’s Tribuna publication.
“The norms of international law constitute the basis of protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the modern world. Though the entire civilized world is dealing with improving the norms and laws that protect human rights, the criminal Armenian state still continues its purposeful aggression against Azerbaijani civilians. The victims of the Armenian aggressors are again women and children as they were in Khojaly 25 years ago. On July 4, Armenian armed forces shelled civilians and civilian facilities in the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district and consequently a woman and two-year-old girl were killed. This can only be called an act of vandalism and terrorism,” said the ambassador.
He reminded that the civilian population of Azerbaijan in the villages nearby the contact line of the troops was also shelled by Armenian armed forces in the occupied Azerbaijani territories in April 2016.
The ambassador urged the world community to pay attention to the fact that Armenia, which is trying to put the so-called "genocide" on the agenda of international organizations, today is violating the fundamental human rights and freedoms before the eyes of the whole world, deliberately killing civilians and children.
“At the same time, people, including international experts, political scientists, politicians, MPs and human rights defenders who raise international awareness about Armenia's criminal acts, are attacked and persecuted by the politicized Armenian diaspora around the world. One of such vivid examples is the Ombudsperson of Moldova, Aurelia Grigoriu, who showed courage in the Parliament of Armenia, calling Armenia's actions in Karabakh an aggression that has been lasted for more than 25 years and occupation of 20 percent of the territory of Azerbaijan. The Ombudsperson stated that these actions contradict international law,” he added.
He noted that unless the world community forces the Armenian authorities to immediately withdraw their troops from the occupied territories of Azerbaijan in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, decisions and resolutions of international organizations, civilians will continue to be at risk and to be targeted by Armenian criminals and invaders, and their actions, leading to more child deaths.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.02.2018Film on Khojaly genocide screened on California’s TV channels
- 26.02.2018Turkish Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Khojaly massacre
- 07.07.2017US bishop sends letter to Armenian president over killing of two-year-old Zahra
- 07.07.2017Belarus expresses regret over death of Azerbaijani civilians
- 07.07.2017UN calls for de-escalation of tensions in Karabakh conflict zone
- 07.07.2017German MP makes statement on Armenian atrocities in Azerbaijan's Fuzuli
- 07.07.2017Hikmet Hajiyev: “The OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs assessed the events in Alkhanly as provocations in the latest statement”
- 07.07.2017Members of the European Parliament strictly condemned Armenian war crime