Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
Azerbaijan expresses strong protest over the visit of the “head” of the illegal regime created in the occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Bako Sahakyan, to France, one of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chair countries, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA.
Hajiyev noted that by this means the Armenian lobby in EU countries and Armenia are attempting to propagandize the illegitimate regime established in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories and to hinder the efforts to find a negotiated solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
The French ambassador to Azerbaijan was summoned to the Foreign Ministry over the issue, said the spokesman.
“In connection with the issue, a meeting was held at the Foreign Ministry with the French ambassador to Azerbaijan. Likewise, representatives of the Azerbaijani Embassy in France will have a meeting at the French Foreign Ministry,” he added.
It’s regrettable that the French side took no action to prevent Bako Sahakyan from entering the EU territory with the diplomatic passport of the Republic of Armenia, which is a blatant violation of the Schengen visa rules and runs contrary to France’s obligations as an OSCE Minsk Group co-chair, stressed Hajiyev.
“On July 2, 2015, the French government sent circular instructions to local prefectures and higher commissioners at the level of foreign and interior ministries. These instructions contain a warning over restrictions on powers of local self-governing bodies in the field of international cooperation and prohibit local authorities from signing documents on international cooperation with illegal regimes, which are not recognized by the French government, including the so-called regime in occupied Azerbaijani territories,” he said.
Azerbaijan expects France, by following these instructions, will make the necessary measures with regard to local authorities which signed illegal documents with the illegal regime in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, noted Hajiyev.
“Given the challenges faced by the EU member states in recent years, it is absolutely necessary to prevent dangerous separatist sentiments and to pursue a unified and unequivocal policy regarding the territorial integrity, sovereignty and border inviolability of states,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018Khojaly – one of most terrible events of 20th century, says U.S. envoy
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement