Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
Azerbaijan expresses strong protest over the visit of the “head” of the illegal regime created in the occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Bako Sahakyan, to France, one of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chair countries, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA.
Hajiyev noted that by this means the Armenian lobby in EU countries and Armenia are attempting to propagandize the illegitimate regime established in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories and to hinder the efforts to find a negotiated solution to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
The French ambassador to Azerbaijan was summoned to the Foreign Ministry over the issue, said the spokesman.
“In connection with the issue, a meeting was held at the Foreign Ministry with the French ambassador to Azerbaijan. Likewise, representatives of the Azerbaijani Embassy in France will have a meeting at the French Foreign Ministry,” he added.
It’s regrettable that the French side took no action to prevent Bako Sahakyan from entering the EU territory with the diplomatic passport of the Republic of Armenia, which is a blatant violation of the Schengen visa rules and runs contrary to France’s obligations as an OSCE Minsk Group co-chair, stressed Hajiyev.
“On July 2, 2015, the French government sent circular instructions to local prefectures and higher commissioners at the level of foreign and interior ministries. These instructions contain a warning over restrictions on powers of local self-governing bodies in the field of international cooperation and prohibit local authorities from signing documents on international cooperation with illegal regimes, which are not recognized by the French government, including the so-called regime in occupied Azerbaijani territories,” he said.
Azerbaijan expects France, by following these instructions, will make the necessary measures with regard to local authorities which signed illegal documents with the illegal regime in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, noted Hajiyev.
“Given the challenges faced by the EU member states in recent years, it is absolutely necessary to prevent dangerous separatist sentiments and to pursue a unified and unequivocal policy regarding the territorial integrity, sovereignty and border inviolability of states,” he added.
Related news releases
- 11.12.2017Lukashevich: 2017 best remembered for resumption of Karabakh peace talks
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats hail work done in Azerbaijan to improve IDPs’ living conditions – Hikmat Hajiyev
- 11.12.2017American researcher: Territorial integrity, sovereignty of states must be respected
- 11.12.2017France will continue to work towards Karabakh conflict settlement – envoy
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats in Azerbaijan, journalists, heads of int’l organizations visit Tartar district
- 10.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenian army opens fire at village in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: Work underway to increase number of OSCE observers for Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2017Direct dialogue over Karabakh settlement doesn’t produce any visible progress, says Russian FM
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: December 7 statement affirms principles for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: “Certain forces in the region are not interested in changing status-quo”
- 07.12.2017Co-chair countries issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Baku supports dialogue between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.12.2017Ukrainian FM calls for increased efforts to settle conflicts on territories of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova
- 07.12.2017U.S. supports Minsk Group efforts to find solution to Karabakh conflict – Tillerson
- 07.12.2017OSCE PA President: Increasingly intense hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh cause deep concern
- 07.12.2017Foreign Ministry: Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers in January
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017Armenian FM meets OSCE MG co-chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017European Court of Human Rights to deliver new judgment in case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 06.12.2017Armenia conducts military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani parl’t deputy speaker highlights illicit drug trafficking in Nagorno-Karabakh at int’l conference in Moscow
- 03.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 30.11.2017Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2017Armenia again launches military exercises in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands
- 28.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: EaP summit declaration reaffirms support for territorial integrity of member countries
- 28.11.2017Armenian historian: Karabakh – integral, unique part of Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017Armenia hands over body of Azerbaijani soldier
- 28.11.2017Artur Agajanov: People-to-people diplomacy plays leading role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 28.11.2017State Commission: Efforts to release Azerbaijani hostages failed due to Armenia’s inhumane position
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijan: Arsen Bagdasaryan is ‘not a prisoner of war’, work underway with int’l organizations for Karapetyan
- 28.11.2017US political analyst: Armenia is ‘a threat to Europe and whole world’
- 27.11.2017Afghan ambassador expresses solidarity with Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh conflict
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement