Azerbaijan says Canadian MP’s illegal Karabakh visit is another provocation of Armenia
The illegal visit of a Canadian MP to Azerbaijani territories occupied by Armenia is another political provocation of Armenia, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
This illegal visit of Canadian parliament member Tony Clement to the occupied Azerbaijani territories is organized by the Armenian National Committee of Canada and the Armenian lobby, with which Tony Clement had close relations as an exchange for financial reward, said Hajiyev.
“This person, who has repeatedly been accused of bribery and corruption, having visited the occupied territories of Azerbaijan in exchange for financial reward, is trying to hide behind the veil of lies and justify the aggression and the bloody policy of ethnic cleansing committed by Armenia against Azerbaijan,” noted the spokesperson.
Tony Clement also tries to get financial support from the Armenian lobby of Canada in future elections as an exchange for these services, added Hajiyev.
According to him, such actions, accompanied by violation of laws of the Republic of Azerbaijan, norms and principles of international law, as well as moral, ethical and humanistic values, should first of all be viewed as contempt for Canadian voters and the traditions of parliamentarism in Canada.
“We hope that the relevant ethics committee of Canada’s parliament will consider Clement's actions outside the country,” said the Azerbaijani official.
He noted that Armenia’s Foreign Ministry deliberately introduces NGO Head Majed Al Shafi, who accompanied Tony Clement during this visit, as a member of the Canadian parliament.
“We call upon Majed Al Shafi, who deals with the rights of religious minorities, to draw attention to the fact that Armenia has become the only monoethnic state in the world. Armenia subjected to ethnic cleansing more than 300,000 Muslims living in Armenia, persecutes the Yazidis, Assyrians and Russian Molokans living in this country, and also shows intolerance towards representatives of other Christian churches and communities,” said Hajiyev.
He added that Armenia has completely destroyed the material and cultural heritage of Azerbaijan in the occupied territories.
The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry has expressed its concern and discontent to the Canadian Foreign Ministry and parliament. The names of Tony Clement and Majed Al Shafi will be included in the list of undesirable persons.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017ICRC expresses readiness to facilitate handover of Azerbaijani soldier
- 24.11.2017‘Justice for Khojaly!’ int’l campaign presented in Morocco
- 24.11.2017State Committee: 265 Azerbaijani women went missing during Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2017“14 Azerbaijani children killed in Armenian terror during ceasefire”
- 23.11.2017Armenian armed forces hold next exercises in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.11.2017EU official: Countries affected by conflicts should benefit from EU countries’ experience
- 23.11.2017Zakharova comments on availability of ‘Putin Plan’ for Karabakh settlement
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia wants to keep status-quo for as long as possible
- 23.11.2017Stoltenberg: No military solution to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.11.2017EU supports Minsk Group co-chairs’ efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement, says commissioner
- 23.11.2017Zabelin: Azerbaijan has right to reclaim Karabakh
- 23.11.2017Patriarch Kirill: Religious leaders’ co-op aimed at Karabakh conflict settlement is ‘an example of peacekeeping mission’
- 23.11.2017France does not recognize Nagorno-Karabakh: Foreign Ministry
- 22.11.2017Baku reacts to statement Armenian FM voiced at joint press conference with Russian counterpart
- 22.11.2017Erdogan: Only force that can resolve Karabahk conflict is Russia, Putin
- 22.11.2017Landmine explosion kills 3 Armenian soldiers in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017OSCE Secretary General: "We closely monitor the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 20.11.2017Turkish ambassador talks about Erdogan's meeting with Putin
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 31.08.2017FM: Armenian army presence in Azerbaijani territories major impediment to Karabakh conflict settlement
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of provocation ahead of ministerial meeting on Karabakh settlement
- 31.08.2017Nothing new in Hoagland’s latest statement: Russian MFA
- 31.08.2017Twenty-four years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Gubadli district by Armenia
- 30.08.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.08.2017New US co-chair of OSCE MG says he would like to see Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet at soonest opportunity