Azerbaijan: European Parliament membership gives no right to violate laws
Membership in the European Parliament does not give anyone the right to violate the laws of other countries, the norms and principles of international law, and does not give anyone immunity, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA on Friday.
Hajiyev noted that some MEPs like Frank Engel, Eleni Teokharus and Jaromir Stetina, call for violation of Azerbaijan’s internationally recognized integrity and are constantly working for these purposes, propagandizing the illegal regime created by Armenia as a result of aggression and occupation of Azerbaijan’s lands.
“While Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty are supported by the whole international community as well as the European Union, these persons in conspiracy with Armenia and the illegal regime in the occupied Azerbaijani territories are trying to undermine the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ efforts to find a peaceful solution to the conflict and escalate the already fragile situation in the region, engaging in lobbyist activities in support of Armenia,” said the spokesman.
“Such provocative and racist actions of these persons despite the fact of bloody ethnic cleansing against more than one million Azerbaijanis and the Khojlay genocide are also a disrespectful and dishonest attitude to European voters and the European Parliament,” he said. “Unfortunately, such persons undermine the credibility of the European Parliament with their illegal actions.”
“The attempts of these people to justify their illegal actions under the guise of “democracy” and hide under the umbrella of the European Parliament after a criminal case was filed against them run contrary to any moral-ethical and legal framework,” he said.
Hajiyev added that the necessary legal steps will be taken against these persons within the criminal case based on Azerbaijan’s laws and international obligations undertaken by Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Number of women and children killed in Khojaly was higher
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijan: 197 Khojaly residents listed as missing
- 24.02.201725 years of Khojaly tragedy commemorated in Luxembourg
- 23.02.2017Anti-pedestrian mine found in Jojuq Marjanli
- 23.02.2017Photo exhibition commemorating Khojaly Genocide opens in Kazakhstan
- 23.02.2017Film on Khojaly tragedy premieres in Los Angeles