Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
The vice-speaker of the Armenian Parliament, Eduard Sharmazanov, is apparently trying to follow the path of Armenian Deputy Foreign Minister Shavarsh Kocharyan in making absurd statements, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told APA.
He was commenting on the recent statements by Eduard Sharmazanov.
In his every statement Sharmazanov demonstrates his legal and political illiteracy and that he is engaged in populism aimed at only a limited domestic audience, noted Hajiyev.
He recalled that according to the Alma-Ata Declaration (21 December 1991) on the establishment of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Armenia and Azerbaijan, like the other former republics of the USRR, committed themselves to “recognize and respect the territorial integrity and inviolability of each other’s borders”.
“Armenia is now trying to deny this commitment. The Armenian propaganda machine, deliberately falsifying history again, distorts the protocol adopted at the meeting of the Caucasian Bureau of the Central Committee of Russia’s Communist Party on July 5, 1921. We would like to remind Sharmazanov and his colleagues that the protocol recognized Nagorno-Karabakh as part of the Azerbaijani SSR and granted a regional autonomy to Nagorno-Karabakh with Shusha being its administrative center,” said the Azerbaijani MFA spokesman.
Armenia’s claims against the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan lack historical, legal, political and moral basis, stressed Hajiyev.
“The separatist regime created in the Armenian-occupied territories of Azerbaijan is simply a result of occupation, aggression and bloody ethnic cleansing. Sharmazanov and others like him should finally understand that the civilized world will never consider legitimate the situation created by the use of force,” said Hajiyev, adding that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 93 times
- 21.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 82 times
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017