Armenian activist: Azerbaijanis, Armenians can coexist peacefully
Azerbaijanis and Armenians can coexist peacefully, said Armenian public activist Oksana Altunyan, who lives in Russia.
The Azerbaijanis and Armenians living in Russia call one another brother, Altunyan said addressing a conference “Peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and a new mission of civil society” in Tbilisi on Tuesday, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
Mentioning that her father is originally from Karabakh, the activist said she is deeply concerned over the clashes on the line of contact between Azerbaijani and Armenian troops.
The activist urged an end to military operations along the line of contact.
“We, woman, are against war. We don’t need a conflict. The conflict should be settled only by peaceful means,” she added.
The Armenian activist noted that she was welcomed warmly during his recent visit to Baku.
Related news releases
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 07.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta discusses Karabakh conflict with U.S. co-chair of OSCE MG
- 07.11.2017Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents is ‘a positive step’, says U.S. envoy
- 06.11.2017Dennis Sammut: Potential war in Karabakh won’t be like before
- 06.11.2017Turkey's municipal heads visit Jojug Marjanli
- 05.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 04.11.2017Anti-tank grenade blows up killing one and wounding two in Armenian military unit in Nagorno Narakabh
- 03.11.2017Women of Khojaly sends letter to CNN host Bourdain over his illegal visit to Karabakh
- 03.11.2017OSCE chief says ‘important’ to work with Russia to settle conflicts
- 03.11.2017U.S. supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict, says ambassador
- 03.11.2017Lavrov: OSCE’s potential should be used in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform asks Pope Francis for support for Karabakh settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform appeals to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijan sends letter to UN Secretary General on Karabakh conflict
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be restored"
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet OSCE MG co-chairs on Nov. 16
- 31.10.2017Bosnia and Herzegovina MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform – a step forward
- 31.10.2017Azerbaijan hands note to Mexico over MPs’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 31.10.2017Conference on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict underway in Tbilisi