Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 29.09.2016Ziyafat Asgarov: Justice on Karabakh conflict should be restored with US support
- 29.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: Intensity of negotiations on Karabakh conflict settlement preserved
- 29.09.2016FM: Armenia’s military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories – blow to peace process
- 29.09.2016OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region in Oct.
- 29.09.2016Azerbaijan awaits OSCE PA steps towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 28.09.2016Baku: Armenia ignores position of int’l community on Karabakh conflict
- 27.09.2016OSCE MG urges Karabakh conflict parties to avoid actions that can adversely affect negotiations
- 24.09.2016FM: Enabling safe return of Azerbaijani refugees, IDPs must be at center of int’l efforts
- 24.09.2016Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan addressed the UN General Assembly
- 23.09.2016Return of Azerbaijani refugees to their homes will enhance full-fledged intra-regional cooperation – foreign minister
- 23.09.2016Armenia’s access to Russian-made Iskander poses threat to region
- 23.09.2016Israel following developments over Karabakh conflict: Foreign Ministry
- 23.09.20166 people charged over Armenian soldier’s death in Nagorno Karabakh
- 23.09.2016Baku calls Euronews Insiders edition on Karabakh conflict biased
- 23.09.2016EU supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – Mogherini
- 22.09.2016OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs release statement on the results of meeting with Azerbaijani and Armenian FM's
- 22.09.2016OSCE MG looks forward to progress on key issues on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani FM calls Armenia's military drills in occupied Aghdam provocation
- 21.09.2016OSCE MG co-chairs meets with Armenia FM in New York
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: Status-quo in Karabakh conflict unacceptable
- 21.09.2016Germany willing to contribute to Karabakh conflict settlement, says president
- 21.09.2016Paris ready to host talks on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 20.09.2016Armenia’s military exercises in Aghdam – another provocation, says Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2016At UN meeting, Azerbaijan highlights Syrian Armenians’ settlement in Karabakh
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: April escalation reminded status quo in Karabakh conflict is dangerous
- 19.09.2016Display of “NKR flag” on Armenian athlete’s shirt aimed at damaging Iran-Azerbaijan ties, says ambassador
- 17.09.2016Azerbaijan allows Euronews film crew to visit its occupied territories
- 17.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev’s compelling and tough response to Armenian president’s provocative remarks
- 16.09.2016“Attempts to give Karabakh conflict religious hue are baseless”
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani parl. speaker: Efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict fail due to Armenia’s destructive stance
- 16.09.2016Film on Azerbaijani refugee children from Karabakh premieres in Los Angeles
- 15.09.2016US Ambassador to Azerbaijan: "Position of U.S. on Nagorno Karabakh conflict not changed"
- 14.09.2016UN High Commissioner for Human Rights protests against Armenian ban imposed on the entry of observers to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 11.09.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 19 times
- 08.09.2016Consultations on Karabakh conflict underway in Moscow – Foreign Ministry
- 08.09.2016Russian FM, OSCE MG co-chairs mull Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 08.09.2016FM: Baku stands for results oriented Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 08.09.2016OSCE MG to hold consultations on Karabakh conflict in Moscow
- 07.09.2016Azerbaijan to blacklist Deutsche Welle correspondent for illegally visiting Karabakh
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh