Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018Khojaly – one of most terrible events of 20th century, says U.S. envoy
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh