Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijan, Armenia agree on extension of OSCE monitoring group in Nagorno-Karabakh – Warlick
- 25.07.2016Bundestag member: Occupation of Azerbaijani territory has to be ended
- 23.07.201623 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan says ready to grant Nagorno-Karabakh highest autonomous status within its territorial integrity
- 22.07.2016Warlick: OSCE MG committed to continuing dialogue on Karabakh conflict at highest level
- 21.07.2016US, NATO and all European countries must support Azerbaijan: opinion
- 20.07.2016OSCE MG postpones meetings on Karabakh conflict settlement in Ankara
- 15.07.2016OSCE MG to try to hold Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting as soon as possible, says Warlick
- 15.07.2016OSCE MG co-chairs due in Ankara to mull Karabakh conflict
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani FM: Armenia trying to restage armed provocations on contact line
- 15.07.2016FM: Turkey supports positive steps taken towards Karabakh conflict resolution
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani FM briefs Turkish counterpart on Karabakh talks
- 15.07.2016Lavrov, Kerry mulling Karabakh conflict in Moscow
- 15.07.2016Baku hopes early implementation of understandings reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg
- 14.07.2016Moscow dismisses possibility of any unpleasant surprises in Karabakh conflict settlement process
- 14.07.2016Karabakh conflict among priorities of Austrian OSCE chairmanship
- 13.07.2016US Senate Committee recommends financial aid to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.07.2016Armenia’s policy aimed at impeding any progress in Karabakh conflict resolution, says Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2016Moscow’s efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement agreed with West – political analyst
- 12.07.2016Russian FM: Even slightly encouraging factors on Karabakh conflict settlement should be treated carefully
- 12.07.2016Talks on Karabakh conflict underway on specific issues – Azerbaijani FM
- 12.07.2016Warlick: Co-chair countries to continue efforts to achieve comprehensive settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 12.07.2016Azerbaijani FM: Intensified dialogue, even tripartite talks underway on Karabakh conflict resolution
- 12.07.2016Lavrov: Ongoing talks – important step towards implementation of agreements reached at presidents' meetings
- 11.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “ High activity has been observed in the negotiation process ” - UPDATED
- 11.07.2016Kerry to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in Moscow
- 11.07.2016Karabakh conflict settlement process continues – Russian FM
- 11.07.2016President Aliyev: Currently a very active dynamics in negotiations on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2016President Aliyev: Situation may change in case Armenia continues provocative acts
- 10.07.2016Minsk Group to participate in tomorrow’s discussions on Karabakh conflict
- 09.07.2016Azerbaijani President: “The use of force against Azerbaijan by Armenia represents a grave threat to regional security”
- 09.07.2016Serzh Sargsyan meet with François Hollande
- 09.07.2016Warlick: Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents rejected war in Warsaw
- 09.07.2016Azerbaijani President and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Germany discuss Nagorno Karabakh conflict in Warsaw
- 09.07.2016State Department: "The U.S. support for substantive talks leading to a comprehensive settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 08.07.2016Azerbaijani president meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Warsaw
- 08.07.2016NATO urges Karabakh conflict sides to reduce tension
- 07.07.2016James Warlick: "Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed on the margins of NATO Summit"
- 06.07.2016Obama and Putin discuss Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 06.07.2016Serzh Sargsyan meets Special Representative for the South Caucasus
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh