Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 24.08.2016Armenian troops set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 23.08.2016German MP: Fulfillment of UN Security Council resolutions on Karabakh are unambiguous
- 23.08.201623 years passed since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli and Jabrayil districts by Armenian armed forces
- 22.08.2016Azerbaijan Naval Forces begin command and staff exercise
- 20.08.2016Hikmet Hajiyev: We call on world youths not to succumb to lie challenges of Armenians on Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.08.2016Warlick welcomes Putin’s personal involvement in efforts to settle Karabakh conflict
- 16.08.2016American journalist’s book on Khojaly genocide presented in California
- 15.08.2016James Warlick: We value opportunity to enlist Turkey’s support for our efforts
- 15.08.2016Turkey’s ministry of education gives instructions of non-participation in int’l conference on Karabakh in Armenia
- 15.08.2016No specific plans on meeting for August - James Warlick
- 15.08.2016Situation in occupied Azerbaijani territories put on agenda of UN Security Council’s 71st session
- 12.08.2016Ambassador: Turkey has always strongly supported Azerbaijani position on Karabakh
- 11.08.2016Russian and French FMs discuss the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.08.2016Putin: Russia interested in elimination of tension between Baku and Yerevan
- 10.08.2016Putin to inform Sargsyan about discussions held in Baku on Karabakh conflict
- 10.08.2016Baku. Malahat Najafova – APA. Turkey has nothing to do in the settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
- 10.08.2016Turkish FM: Russia, Azerbaijan wants Turkey to contribute to Karabakh issue
- 08.08.2016Ilham Aliyev: "The existing status quo in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is unacceptable"
- 08.08.2016Azerbaijani president thanks Putin for active role in Karabakh peace settlement
- 08.08.2016Russia to continue seeking compromise solution to Nagorno Karabakh conflict - Putin
- 07.08.2016President: Iran supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 07.08.2016Azerbaijani president informs Iranian counterpart about Karabakh negotiations
- 05.08.2016Putin: Russia isn’t trying push other mediators aside in settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 05.08.2016Putin: We are not trying to impose some ready made solutions upon Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 03.08.2016OSCE Minsk Group expects parties to comply with obligations
- 03.08.2016Co-chairs considering possibility of organizing next meeting of presidents
- 02.08.2016Hikmat Hajiyev: Sooner or later, Azerbaijan’s sovereignty over Nagorno Karabakh will be fully ensured
- 29.07.2016Russia, US mull Karabakh conflict settlement prospects
- 29.07.2016Karabakh conflict settlement to be at core of Italy’s 2018 OSCE chairmanship agenda
- 29.07.2016Lack of adequate international reaction to Armenia’s illegal actions contributes to growing sense of impunity, says Azerbaijan
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijan, Armenia agree on extension of OSCE monitoring group in Nagorno-Karabakh – Warlick
- 25.07.2016Bundestag member: Occupation of Azerbaijani territory has to be ended
- 23.07.201623 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Aghdam district by Armenia
- 22.07.2016Azerbaijan says ready to grant Nagorno-Karabakh highest autonomous status within its territorial integrity
- 22.07.2016Warlick: OSCE MG committed to continuing dialogue on Karabakh conflict at highest level
- 21.07.2016US, NATO and all European countries must support Azerbaijan: opinion
- 20.07.2016OSCE MG postpones meetings on Karabakh conflict settlement in Ankara
- 15.07.2016OSCE MG to try to hold Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting as soon as possible, says Warlick
- 15.07.2016OSCE MG co-chairs due in Ankara to mull Karabakh conflict
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani FM: Armenia trying to restage armed provocations on contact line
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh