Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2017Kurz says Russia can play key role in resolving crises in OSCE area
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijan's territorial integrity must be restored: Bangladeshi ambassador
- 17.01.2017Azerbaijani FM: If Russia engages in Karabakh conflict settlement with all seriousness, Armenian troops’ withdrawal from occupied lands will be ensured
- 17.01.2017Madat Guliyev meets with ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation head in connection with return of soldier Chingiz Gurbanov's body
- 17.01.2017Armenian soldier wounded in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 17.01.2017Lavrov: No consensus in OSCE on investigation of incidents in Karabakh - UPDATED
- 17.01.2017Malena Mard: EU supports Minsk Group efforts
- 16.01.2017Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 15.01.2017Azerbaijani serviceman killed during Armenian provocation
- 15.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 22 times
- 13.01.2017Baku expresses discontent over so-called regime's participation in Sochi KVN festival
- 13.01.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform issues another statement
- 12.01.2017Andrzej Kasprzyk’s mandate extended
- 12.01.2017Russia reacts to Armenia’s reluctance to return Azerbaijani soldier’s body
- 12.01.2017OSCE chair, Russian FM to mull Karabakh conflict
- 12.01.2017EUSR Office backs calls for return of killed Azerbaijani soldier
- 12.01.2017Kurz says no military solution to conflicts in OSCE area
- 11.01.2017Ombudsperson asks ICRC president for help retrieve Azerbaijani soldier’s body
- 11.01.2017Azerbaijan welcomes efforts by ICRC, OSCE MG to return soldier’s body
- 11.01.2017Russia opposes re-escalation of Karabakh conflict: lawmaker
- 11.01.2017Hikmat Hajiyev: 1994-1995 ceasefire agreement includes timetable for Armenian troops’ withdrawal from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 11.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Former CSTO leaders made ‘a big political mistake’ by taking pro-Armenian stance
- 10.01.2017ICRC: Body of Azerbaijani soldier should be returned as soon as possible
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Myth created by Armenia over years destroyed during April battles
- 10.01.2017Hoagland: OSCE MG co-chairs continue to encourage Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani envoy stresses need to involve EU to be more vocal about Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.01.2017Hoagland: OSCE MG co-chairs looking for appropriate time to visit region
- 10.01.2017OSCE MG Co-Chairs urge to return body of Azerbaijani serviceman without delay
- 09.01.2017ICRC: Talks underway for return of Azerbaijani soldier’s body
- 08.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 44 times
- 06.01.2017Azerbaijan urges int’l organizations to take steps for return of soldier’s body
- 05.01.2017US response to petition urged for return of territories surrounding Nagorno-Karabakh to Azerbaijan’s control: ACSDA president
- 03.01.2017Armenian leadership trying to prevent progress in negotiation process – Azerbaijani FM
- 03.01.2017Armenia ignores appeals to return Azerbaijani soldier’s body
- 01.01.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 92 times
- 31.12.2016Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: Armenian military resorted to numerous provocations in 2016
- 31.12.2016Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 1300 times in one month
- 31.12.2016New Year address from Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform
- 31.12.2016Azerbaijan says Armenia unreasonably delays return of soldier’s corpse
- 31.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 58 times
- 17.12.2014Armenian media distorts statement of Uruguayan Vice-President, President of Senate
- 17.12.2014French ambassador: I don’t know about the co-chairs’ plans and why they are so careful
- 17.12.2014Warlick: We see great value in exchanging ideas with Germany
- 16.12.2014President Nursultan Nazarbayev says Nagorno-Karabakh can’t join Eurasian Union – Ambassador
- 16.12.2014Ogtay Asadov reveals reason for Azerbaijan’s absence in sanctions on Crimea
- 15.12.2014Azerbaijani FM: Sarsang Reservoir now source of humanitarian, ecological, technogenic catastrophe