Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016FM: Turkey welcomes Russia’s efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 03.12.2016Yerevan avoids talks on Karabakh conflict: Azerbaijani FM
- 03.12.2016Turkey urges Armenia to withdraw troops from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 02.12.2016Azerbaijan: EU nationals’ visits to occupied lands are deplorable
- 01.12.2016Karabakh conflict settlement included to Russia’s new foreign policy concept
- 01.12.2016Austrian journalist asks Baku not to blacklist his name for visiting occupied lands
- 01.12.2016FM: Bosnia and Herzegovina supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 01.12.2016Yerevan avoids Hamburg meeting: Azerbaijani FM
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijani FM: Raising issue of Karabakh’s status at first stage undermines peace process
- 01.12.2016“We must unite in fight for liberation of Karabakh”
- 30.11.2016Ramiz Mehdiyev: Minsk Group failed to produce desired result
- 30.11.2016Warlick explains reasons for quitting Minsk Group - INTERVIEW
- 29.11.2016FMs of OSCE MG co-chairing countries to attend Hamburg meeting
- 29.11.2016"France-Karabakh friendship circle" has no official status, says Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan and Belarus support settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict based on international law
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan eyes legal actions against foreign researchers working in occupied lands
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan to appeal to Int’l Military Tribunal over Khojaly Genocide
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan preparing new bill giving legal assessment to Khojaly Genocide
- 27.11.2016OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 27.11.2016Azerbaijan destroys another Armenian drone
- 27.11.2016Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2016Russia welcomes US intensifying efforts to settle Karabakh conflict
- 24.11.2016Moscow: Popov continues acting as OSCE MG co-chair
- 24.11.2016Karabakh conflict – most painful problem of region: Turkish ambassador
- 23.11.2016Russian speaker and Armenian vice-speaker discuss conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 23.11.2016Azerbaijan removes Japanese journalist from ‘black list’
- 22.11.2016Brink: No military solution to Karabakh conflict
- 22.11.2016Allahshukur Pashazade asks Patriarch Kirill to continue assisting in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 22.11.2016Martirosyan: Jaghinyan’s Azerbaijan visit – ‘a massive blow’ to Armenian government - INTERVIEW
- 21.11.2016Interim US co-chair of OSCE MG to be named in near future
- 21.11.2016Azerbaijan says incidents to end once Armenian troops leave occupied lands
- 21.11.2016Baku comments on Warlick's step down as OSCE MG co-chair
- 21.11.2016Warlick to step down as OSCE MG co-chair
- 21.11.2016Azerbaijan: Sargsyan’s statement implies Armenia quits Karabakh talks
- 21.11.2016State Comm: No information about fate of Azerbaijani women held in Armenian captivity
- 20.11.2016Defense Ministry: Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 23 times
- 20.11.201625 years passed since Armenians shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2016Mevlut Cavusoglu: Armenians occupied Karabakh
- 18.11.2016Bryza: Impossible to make prediction on course of Karabakh talks
- 18.11.2016Bryza: Russia’s creation of joint group of forces with Armenia – not understandable
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh