Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 29.10.2016Azerbaijan’s Zangilan: 23 years under Armenian occupation
- 27.10.2016Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Hamburg
- 27.10.2016Armenia begins military drills in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 27.10.2016Moscow says no military action can contribute to peaceful resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 27.10.2016Moscow comments on Azerbaijani president’s statement on possibility of autonomy to Karabakh
- 27.10.2016EU says different approach needed for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.10.2016Malena Mard: Contacts between EU, Karabakh conflict sides very important
- 26.10.2016KLO holds event on Karabakh conflict in Tbilisi
- 26.10.2016OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to discuss presidents’ possible meeting
- 25.10.2016Warlick: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ next meeting still unknown
- 25.10.2016OSCE MG co-chairs welcome Azerbaijani president’s efforts to start discussion on Karabakh status
- 25.10.2016Warlick: Expansion of Andrzej Kasprzyk’s mission will be important step
- 25.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev, EU’s Salber mull Karabakh conflict
- 24.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Armenia doesn’t want peace
- 24.10.2016Iran's Karabakh mediation not on agenda - Foreign Ministry
- 23.10.2016Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev received OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 23.10.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 16 times
- 22.10.2016OSCE MG co-chairs expected to meet with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 22.10.2016Warlick calls for return of occupied territories to Azerbaijan’s control
- 22.10.2016Kerry committed to work on peaceful resolution of Karabakh conflict, says Warlick
- 22.10.2016Warlick: Vienna, St. Petersburg meetings opened up good opportunity for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.10.2016US making efforts to help settle Karabakh conflict: ambassador
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijani MFA: Nalbandian’s statement – evidence of impossibility of peaceful coexistence with fascist-minded people
- 21.10.2016OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2016Bayram Safarov: Soso Pavliashvili can visit Azerbaijan only after he apologizes
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijani defense minister attends int’l conference in Prague
- 21.10.2016‘Syrian Armenians to flee Karabakh at earliest opportunity’
- 21.10.2016OSCE MG co-chairs expected to meet with reps of Azerbaijani community of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2016France changes its OSCE MG co-chair – embassy - UPDATED
- 20.10.2016Armenia continues to violate int’l humanitarian law: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 20.10.2016Russia hails Turkey’s role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 20.10.2016Kasprzyk: Work underway on implementation of presidential agreements on expanding PR CiO Office
- 20.10.2016Satellite images show exploitation of natural resources in occupied Azerbaijani territories: minister
- 20.10.2016Israeli researcher: Karabakh conflict is not frozen, there’s always something happening there
- 19.10.2016OIC adopts resolutions condemning Armenian aggression against Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Igor Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs will clarify military situation in Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone - INTERVIEW
- 18.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Kerry’s statement reveals why Karabakh conflict remains unsettled
- 18.10.2016Novruz Mammadov: “The frozen state of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict could at any moment lead to a hot war”
- 17.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan capable of destroying any enemy target
- 17.10.2016OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh