Ali Hasanov seriously warns Head of ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation
They held discussions regarding the release of Azerbaijani citizen Shahbaz Guliyev and Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov, who were groundlessly taken hostage by the Armenian Armed Forces in Kalbajar region, and the return of the body of Azerbaijani citizen Hasan Hasanov, who was reportedly killed, the State Committee’s press service told APA.
Hasanov seriously warned the Head of the ICRC Delegation to Azerbaijan and said that the work on the return of Hasan Hasanov’s body and the release of the other hostages should be conducted more actively.
He also noted that all this causes the distrust of civil society, including IDPs to international organizations.
“If Armenia is currently demonstrating such a position on releasing the hostages and returning the body, how we can talk about the desire to coexist in the future based on mutual confidence,” Hasanov said.
It was also stressed that all of these issues from the first day are under the control of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and the Azerbaijani government is constantly dealing with these issues.
On July 28, the Kremlin received a letter sent to President Vladimir Putin by family members of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev, asking him to assist their release.
The Committee again calls on relatives of Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev and Hasan Hasanov to be patient toward.
Head of the Working Group of the State Commission on prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons, Firudin Sadigov also attended the meeting.
Following the meeting, Ali Hasanov met Hasanov’s relatives.
Related news releases
- 22.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2017Two Armenian soldiers die in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.10.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia, which destroys mosques, can never be a friend of Muslim states
- 19.10.2017Baku: 'Armenian leadership had better read UNSC resolutions on Karabakh'
- 19.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Issue of American showman’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh under investigation
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 30.07.2014ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijanis taken hostage by Armenians in Kalbajar
- 01.08.2014U.S. Co-chair comments on incident in contact line
- 01.08.2014Azerbaijani embassy in Russia informs ICRC on message of Dilgam Asgarov’s family about his Russian citizenship
- 30.07.2014Andrzej Kasprzyk: "The personal Representative is informing the Co-chairs of the Minsk Group on the related developments"
- 29.07.2014ICRC automobile comes under crossfire on Armenia-Azerbaijan border
- 27.07.2014Hasan Hasanov killed by Armenians in Kalbajar buried in Nagorno Karabakh