Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on month of Muharram
The Gazi Council of the Caucasian Muslims Office (CMO) has issued a fatwa on the occasion of the month of Muharram.
According to the Islamic calendar, the 1438 year is coming to an end.
The beginning of the new year– the first day of Muharram—falls on September 22 and Ashura—the 10th day of Muharram—on October 1 in the Gregorian calendar.
“According to the existent legislation, mourning ceremonies must be held in mosques, places of worship, etc. and should not hinder public order. In other areas, mass rallies can only take place with the permission of relevant state bodies. The believers should act within moral framework of our religion.
The most appropriate example of lamentation is the blood donation campaign dedicated to the commemoration of the martyrs of Karbala and our motherland. The blood donation campaign, which is held on the initiative of the Caucasian Muslims Office during days of mourning, is welcomed by our people, too,” says the fatwa.
“We do hope that the believers will continue to practice this humanitarian tradition during the mourning for Imam Hussain (peace be upon him),” the fatwa says.
- 16.07.2018Perpetrators of terrorist attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja controlled by foreign circles: State Committee
- 11.07.201841 false clerics exposed in Azerbaijan over the past year
- 09.07.2018Departure and return dates changed for Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani State Committee on Work with Religious Organization may be granted additional power
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani State Committee: Some people want to turn their house or garage into mosque
- 15.06.2018CMO chairman: There is unmatched kindness among sects in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan celebrates Eid al-Fitr
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates financial aid to religious organizations
- 07.06.2018President: "Representatives of all religions live as one family in Azerbaijan"
- 06.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends Iftar ceremony on occasion of holy month of Ramadan - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani State Committee warns over recitation of adhan at various times in Ramadan
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijan prosecutes some clerics for officiating marriage of minors
- 17.05.2018Interfaith delegation of Azerbaijan meets AIPAC and Simon Wiesenthal Center leadership in Los Angeles
- 17.05.2018Holy month of Ramadan begins
- 16.05.2018Sinai Temple of Los Angeles hosts event dedicated to Azerbaijan’s multi-faith harmony
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: President was enraged over demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: Some circles want to spark unrest in Azerbaijan at the hands of believers
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Imams and akhunds who attend luxurious ceremonies before iftar will be penalized
- 15.05.2018Allahshukur Pashazade: There is fake mullah problem in Azerbaijan
- 15.05.2018Caucasian Muslims Office issues fatwa on Ramadan
- 15.05.2018CMO chairman: Al-Quds is capital of Palestine and belongs to Muslims
- 14.05.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijani citizens filled
- 30.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan increased
- 19.04.2018List of religious figures to be rendered financial support presented to Moral Values Promotion Foundation
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Haji Javad Mosque’s building - UPDATED
- 06.04.2018Salman Musayev awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 06.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 04.04.2018Quota for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan reduced
- 29.03.2018Haji Javad Mosque in Baku to open this year
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: ‘What would I have to do with donation boxes?’
- 28.03.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan appeal to international community
- 28.03.2018CMO chairman: Armenians who became our neighbors 200 years ago turned out to be wicked
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani citizens to pay for Hajj pilgrimage in installments
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani State Committee prevents import of books promoting religious radicalism
- 21.02.2018CMO specifies conditions for Hajj refund
- 21.02.2018Timeframe fixed for Hajj pilgrimage from Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Work with Religious Organizations granted new powers
- 16.02.2018Pilgrims from Azerbaijan banned from leaving Mecca during Hajj
- 15.02.2018Hajj quota for Azerbaijan increased up to 2,000
- 14.09.2017Mubariz Gurbanli, Allahshukur Pashazade differ on use of loudspeakers at mosques
- 14.09.2017Believers propose abolishing post of akhunds in Azerbaijani mosques
- 20.09.2017Head of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions to visit Brussels
- 12.09.2017First group of Azerbaijani Hajj pilgrims returns home
- 08.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade invited Patriarch Kirill to visit Armenian church in Baku
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill calls for release of captives of Nagorno Karabakh conflict