Preliminary hearing held on financial irregularities detected in Azerbaijan University of Languages
Personal data were defined during the hearing presided over by judge Alovsat Abbasov, APA reports.
In order to review the materials of the criminal case, the lawyers raised a petition and asked the court to extend time. The judge sustained the petition.
The next hearing was scheduled for September 25.
The Chamber of Accounts of Azerbaijan discussed the results of audit on forecasting and usage of budget funds allocated from centralized expenditures of the state budget to Azerbaijan University of Languages on “Education” sector at the latest board meeting on September 19, 2012.
According to the Chamber, taking the cases on losses in a great number to the government by allowing the responsible persons of the university to abuse their authority, serious financial violations, shortcomings, as well falsification and appropriation into consideration, it was decided to send the materials on the results of audit to General Prosecutor’s Office and make a report to the Azerbaijani Parliament.
On September 24 the Press service of the Prosecutor’s Office stated that the materials on inspecting the situation of usage of budgetary and extra-budgetary funds allocated from the state budget to the Azerbaijani University of Languages for 2007-2012, which were received by the Chamber of Accounting, were investigated in the Anti-Corruption Department under General Prosecutor’s Office.
It was revealed that some responsible persons of the University misused their position ensuring teachers with lessons for the groups that do not exists, miscounting additional salaries, even paying additional money to several employees of the university rating more than normal. At the same time they robbed the university by means of remittance for people who are not the employees of the university and grabbed and consumed a great deal of state funds.
Besides it, a great deal of state funds were hurried composing fake payment schedules without relevant documents under the name of holding various events at the university, as well as fuel costs.
Criminal case has been launched under articles #179.3.2 (embezzlement), 308.1 (abuse of power) and 313 (service forgery) of the Criminal Code.
Related news releases
- 04.06.2016Tactical-training exercise of special forces held in Russian embassy
- 30.05.2016Fire occurred in Hajigabul, 180 Eldar pines burned
- 23.04.2016National Bank of Pakistan’s Baku branch sues state body
- 23.01.2016ICYF: “Fakhraddin Aliyev was not our employee”
- 20.01.2016Heavy blast in Kabul near Russian Embassy
- 20.01.2016Azerbaijan commemorating 20 January martyrs - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.01.2016Man found hanged in Azerbaijan’s Shaki
- 12.12.2015Ammo found on roadside in Nardaran
- 12.12.2015Azerbaijani criminal 'authority' killed in Russia
- 12.12.2015Car hits 11-year-old schoolboy in Goychay
- 12.12.2015Man accused of murdering one of Azerbaijani Diaspora leaders in Ukraine internationally declared wanted
- 12.12.2015Lerik resident kills his sister
- 16.10.2015Turkey confirms Azerbaijani citizen among Ankara bombing suspects
- 16.10.2015Bodies of two Azerbaijani businessmen who went missing in summer 2014 found in river in Russia
- 03.10.2015Advisor to APFP Chairman Mammad Ibrahim arrested
- 12.09.2015Hail in Gakh, Zagatala, Balaken seriously damages private households
- 12.09.2015Renowned professor’s two sons on Interpol search list
- 12.09.2015Azerbaijan investigating presence of its citizens among victims in Mecca
- 03.09.2015Fire occurred in Domodedovo airport, flights to Azerbaijan postponed
- 28.08.2015Man shot to death in Baku was company director - PHOTO
- 22.08.2015Interior Ministry releases official statement on incidents in Mingechevir
- 22.08.201524-year-old boy commits suicide in Saatli
- 22.08.2015Lankaran resident mysteriously knifed
- 22.08.201559-year-old man throws himself into lake in Azerbaijan
- 22.08.20151 dead, 1 injured as car turns over in Baku-Guba highway
- 21.08.2015Arson committed in refugee camp settled by Azerbaijanis in Germany - PHOTOSESSION - UPDATED
- 24.07.2015Russian nationalists’ leader killing Azerbaijani student in Russia sentenced to life imprisonment
- 16.07.2015Azerbaijani police to tighten security measures in Ramadan holiday
- 13.07.2015Criminal group members detained over embezzlement of AZN 3.4 mln from Baku citizen
- 10.07.2015Azerbaijan neutralized 142 criminal groups suspected of committing grave or especially grave crimes this year
- 06.07.2015Three people injured at plant blast in Shirvan taken to Republican Burn Center
- 02.07.2015Body of 14-year-old teen drowned at sea in Baku found
- 02.07.2015Quake hits Ganja
- 13.06.2015IRFS head Emin Huseynov leaves for Switzerland
- 13.06.2015One arrested over accident occurred in Athletes Village - OFFICIAL
- 28.05.2015Azerbaijan declares two persons internationally wanted over tax evasion
- 22.05.20154 arrested over fire accidents in Baku’s Binagadi, Khatai districts
- 21.05.2015Four more arrested over fatal fire outbreak in Baku
- 21.05.2015Azerbaijani Ministry of Emergency Situation releases information about fire occurred in passenger train
- 15.05.2015Haji Ibrahim Nehramli clarifies reports on his detention
- 17.09.2014Three employees of Prosecutor’s Office dismissed over case of former judge Hasan Aliyev, accused of fraud
- 18.09.2014First grader hit by car in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2014Ombudsman representatives inspects detention conditions of Leyla Yunus
- 13.09.2014Fire covers 30 sq. m area of AMAY trade center - UPDATED-2 - PHOTOSESSION
- 13.09.2014“ASAN service” center No.2 not to operate today due to trade center fire
- 13.09.2014One more person injured in residential building fire in Khirdalan dies