TAP construction to be temporarily suspended
TAP route cannot be changed. From the view of environment, the current route is the most optimal, TAP Managing Director Luca Schieppati said.
According to him, reconsideration of the route means ‘lose of four years’.
Yesterday, Puglia Governor Michele Emiliano said that the region may be favourable for TAP. However, this may deprive it of being one of the best parks and the best beach of Adriatic Sea.
Commenting on this, Luca Schieppati noted that change of TAP route may cause extra onshore and offshore excavations which might be harmful for environment: ‘Other alternative versions also have such damages’.
Touching upon visits of a number of tourists to San Foca, the managing director stated that the pipeline will have little impact on the territory. The works are carried out in the bottom of the sea.
According to him, the works will be suspended from July to August.
‘The works are carried out by means of the leading technologies. The gas terminal will be constructed in 12 hectares, but plants and administrative will cover 3,500 m². Olive trees will be evacuated securely. There will be no risk for environment and all of us wil benefit from this.’
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani gas will take its place in EU space soon
- 19.07.2018President: Process of industrialization is taking place at a very high pace in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2018SOFAZ revenues from bonuses on oil and gas agreements to make up AZN 774M this year
- 18.07.2018President: Nearly $250 billion invested in Azerbaijan during past fifteen years
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian Presidents attend inauguration of plant in Sumgayit
- 18.07.2018President: Azerbaijan’s rapid economic and industrial development needs new technologies
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani President issues order on execution of SOFAZ 2017 budget
- 17.07.2018SOFAZ earns AZN 7.9B from sale of profit oil and gas
- 16.07.2018BTC celebrates 3 billion barrels of oil export
- 14.07.2018Non-oil sector of Azerbaijan's economy grew by 2 percent
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 12.07.2018Azerenergy releases information about power cut in country
- 12.07.2018Azerishig: Power supply suspended in 27% of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.07.2018Power supply cut in several regions of Azerbaijan
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles electricity export this year
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export by 8 percent
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan increases crude oil export by 40%
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan doubles revenues from export of oil products
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijani oil price decreases
- 09.07.2018SOCAR Group borrows 419 million manats this year
- 05.07.2018Kemaleddin Heydarov: “None of previously stated remarks were not taken into account”
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "I express my gratitude to Russia and Georgia"
- 04.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting on situation of country’s energy system
- 04.07.2018Electricity supply of all regions of Azerbaijan resumed
- 03.07.2018Azerenerji: "Janub" and "Sumgayit" power stations activated, Baku's electricity supply restored
- 03.07.2018Ministry of Energy and Azerenerji issue joint information on electricity transmission issues
- 03.07.2018Georgia starts energy export to Azerbaijan
- 02.07.2018BP Azerbaijan: We look forward to continuing to work closely with the government of Azerbaijan and other co-venturers towards our next target of gas to Europe in 2020
- 02.07.2018SOCAR President: Shah Deniz 2 platforms constructed by SOCAR’s affiliate companies
- 02.07.2018Shah Deniz 2 begins gas deliveries to Turkey
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies new budget rules
- 29.06.2018Rick Perry: US to continue supporting Azerbaijan’s global energy projects
- 28.06.2018The mechanism of economic amnesty to be developed in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018First commercial deliveries within Shah Deniz-2 to begin next week,
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan increases energy production by more than 9%
- 25.06.2018New Azerbaijani Vice President appointed to BP
- 25.06.2018Azerbaijan welcomes OPEC decision to increase oil output
- 22.06.2018OPEC agrees to boost oil production by 1 million b/d
- 22.06.2018Transportation of oil products through SOCAR’s Kulevi terminal in Georgia declines
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani oil price goes down
- 20.12.2017Turkey intends to increase import of oil and gas from Azerbaijan and Iran
- 20.12.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% this year
- 20.12.2017SOCAR sees 3% decline in gas production
- 19.12.2017SOCAR buys two companies in Austria
- 19.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan is a strategic energy supplier
- 19.12.2017Azerbaijan plays great role in energy security of Czech Republic - embassy