OPEC oil supply set for sharp drop in August: PetroLogistics
OPEC oil supply is set to fall by 419,000 barrels per day (bpd) this month, a company that tracks OPEC shipments forecast on Monday, reflecting plans for lower exports by Saudi Arabia and reductions by other producers, Reuters reported.
The 14-member Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries has agreed to cut output by about 1.2 million bpd until March 2018 in an effort to reduce inventories and support prices.
Compliance with the deal has been high so far but OPEC production hit a 2017 peak in July, in part on increased output from Libya and Nigeria, which were exempted from the pact due to production-sapping unrest.
"OPEC-14 supply is expected to average 32.8 million bpd in August representing a decline of 419,000 bpd as compared to the 2017 high observed in July," Daniel Gerber, chief executive of PetroLogistics, said in an email.
"OPEC crude oil exports fell by a whopping 750,000 bpd through the first half of August. An increase was observed in Latin American exports while decreases occurred in both the Middle East and Africa."
Geneva-based PetroLogistics is among a number of consultancies that estimate OPEC supply by tracking tanker shipments.
Supply refers to a country's crude exports plus its domestic use, rather than to production.
PetroLogistics did not specify which countries were exporting less crude in August.
However, top exporter Saudi Arabia has said its exports would drop to 6.6 million bpd this month, almost 1 million bpd below levels a year ago.
Tanker data suggests shipments from No. 2 exporter Iraq have also fallen this month.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017SOCAR and its partners invested $76B in oil and gas industry so far
- 21.09.2017Shah Deniz-2 is making good progress towards full completion on schedule and below the planned budget - BP
- 21.09.2017Vice President: Favorable oil price for SOCAR is $60-65, but we take into account realities in our strategy
- 21.09.2017SOCAR sells 1.4 million tonnes of gasoline, 1.2 million tonnes of diesel in Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017$42.7B to be invested in ACG
- 20.09.2017AZN 16B transferred to SOCAR’s accounts in authorized banks
- 20.09.2017SOCAR imports 1.1 bcm of gas this year
- 20.09.2017SOCAR announces base price of crude oil and gas
- 20.09.2017Volume of oil and condensate extracted from Shahdeniz so far announced
- 20.09.2017BTC transported nearly 340 million tonnes of Azerbaijani oil so far
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan oil output to reach 2 billion tonnes
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards some oil workers
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan gets decline in solar power production
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan triples gold production
- 18.09.2017Gas processing plant processes 1.7 bcm of gas this year
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan sees 18.5% decline in diesel production
- 15.09.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 9%
- 14.09.2017SOCAR, Statoil discuss development of "Karabakh" oilfield and "Ashrafi" and "Dan Ulduzu" structures
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Statoil Executive Vice President - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with UK Minister of State
- 14.09.2017Ambassador: US is pleased to continue cooperation with Azerbaijan within extension of agreement on ACG development
- 14.09.2017UK PM: I’m sure the new contract will further develop our coop with Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Turkish presidents sends message to participants of signing ceremony of new ACG contract
- 14.09.2017Georgian PM: Signing of new ACG contract ‘a historic event’
- 14.09.2017BP: Over $40B to be invested in ACG development
- 14.09.2017Turkey says will continue to be important partner of Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017New ACG participating interests announced
- 14.09.2017President: We established very profitable cooperation with BP during 23 years
- 14.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani goverment and co-venturers sign amended and restated Azeri-Chirag-Deepwater Guneshli PSA
- 14.09.2017President: Azerbaijan’s currency reserves will increase more
- 14.09.2017President: New contract on ACG development is signed with more favorable and better conditions for Azerbaijan
- 14.09.2017Ceremony being held for signing a new contract on development of ACG field by 2050
- 13.09.2017IGB to sign agreement with Azerbaijan in early 2018 - OFFICIAL
- 13.09.2017Non-OPEC countries fulfill agreement by 118% thanks to Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Oil up on OPEC output decline; U.S. refinery restarts
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 41% decline in export of oil products
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% rise in revenues from natural gas export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan gets 22% decline in revenues from crude oil export
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan quadruples revenues from energy export
- 24.08.2017SOCAR delivers 65 tons of fuel to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 24.08.2017Moody’s lowers SOCAR's baseline credit assessment
- 29.08.2017Around 60% of TAP pipes welded in Greece, Albania
- 22.08.2017OPEC to discuss ending or extending production cut in November: Kuwait minister
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir Automated Management and Control Center of “Azerishig” OJSC
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched Gadabay electrical substation