OPEC oil supply set for sharp drop in August: PetroLogistics
OPEC oil supply is set to fall by 419,000 barrels per day (bpd) this month, a company that tracks OPEC shipments forecast on Monday, reflecting plans for lower exports by Saudi Arabia and reductions by other producers, Reuters reported.
The 14-member Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries has agreed to cut output by about 1.2 million bpd until March 2018 in an effort to reduce inventories and support prices.
Compliance with the deal has been high so far but OPEC production hit a 2017 peak in July, in part on increased output from Libya and Nigeria, which were exempted from the pact due to production-sapping unrest.
"OPEC-14 supply is expected to average 32.8 million bpd in August representing a decline of 419,000 bpd as compared to the 2017 high observed in July," Daniel Gerber, chief executive of PetroLogistics, said in an email.
"OPEC crude oil exports fell by a whopping 750,000 bpd through the first half of August. An increase was observed in Latin American exports while decreases occurred in both the Middle East and Africa."
Geneva-based PetroLogistics is among a number of consultancies that estimate OPEC supply by tracking tanker shipments.
Supply refers to a country's crude exports plus its domestic use, rather than to production.
PetroLogistics did not specify which countries were exporting less crude in August.
However, top exporter Saudi Arabia has said its exports would drop to 6.6 million bpd this month, almost 1 million bpd below levels a year ago.
Tanker data suggests shipments from No. 2 exporter Iraq have also fallen this month.
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017Ambassador: Southern Gas Corridor to allow Azerbaijan to turn into a huge energy exporter
- 22.11.2017SOCAR clarifies gas import from Gazprom
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijan resumes gas import from Russia
- 21.11.2017TAP realization bases on Europe’s fundamental values - Snam
- 20.11.2017SOCAR reduces oil output by 2% in January-October
- 20.11.2017Minister: 94 percent of works on TANAP completed
- 20.11.2017Number of BP’s Azerbaijani national employees declining
- 20.11.2017BP: 98 percent of construction on SCP Expansion is completed
- 20.11.2017South Caucasus Pipeline spends $657M this year
- 20.11.2017BTC spends $120M this year
- 20.11.2017BP: 27 million standard cubic metres of Shah Deniz gas was exported from Sangachal Terminal daily
- 20.11.2017Shah Deniz spends more than $2.6 billion this year
- 20.11.2017Shahdeniz 2 is now over 97 percent complete: BP
- 20.11.2017Volume of AGC production announced
- 17.11.2017Price of gasoline AI-95 and AI-98 increased in Azerbaijan
- 16.11.2017Volume of oil and gas transported via main pipelines announced
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan exports 38% of its gas reserves
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijan reduces diesel production by 21%
- 16.11.2017SOCAR President: Works on SGC carried out on schedule
- 16.11.2017SOCAR: Petkim quintuples revenues
- 16.11.2017Transneft halts oil transportation from Azerbaijan due to earthquake
- 15.11.2017Three high-ranking officials of Energy Ministry dismissed
- 15.11.2017Ministry: Baku and Ankara implemented a project that Europe could not carry out for years
- 14.11.2017Turkish Minister of Energy and Natural Resources to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan increases revenues from gas export
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 27% growth in revenues from crude oil export
- 14.11.2017SOCAR Petroleum: Current break in sale of AI-98 gasoline to last for a month
- 13.11.2017OPEC member states decrease oil production
- 13.11.2017Working Group on improvement and finalization of 2016 EIT report holds meeting
- 13.11.2017SOCAR might buy oil refinery in Italy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan sees 7.2% decline in oil output
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol General Director reveals forecasts on gasoline price
- 13.11.2017Azpetrol comments on quality of fuel
- 13.11.2017General Director: Azpetrol already plans to install facilities designed for charging electric vehicles
- 13.11.2017BTC transported more than 344 million tonnes of oil so far
- 13.11.2017Volume of Azerbaijani oil transported through Ceyhan port announced
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Extension of ACG will bring tens of billions of dollars in additional investment
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of “Yeni Ganja” substation
- 10.11.2017Petkim pays $11M advance for construction of new administrative building
- 10.11.2017SOCAR transfers AZN 1.3B to state budget
- 24.08.2017SOCAR delivers 65 tons of fuel to Georgia to tackle forest fires
- 24.08.2017Moody’s lowers SOCAR's baseline credit assessment
- 29.08.2017Around 60% of TAP pipes welded in Greece, Albania
- 22.08.2017OPEC to discuss ending or extending production cut in November: Kuwait minister
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of Shamkir Automated Management and Control Center of “Azerishig” OJSC
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev launched Gadabay electrical substation