No problem on transportation of Turkmen gas to Azerbaijan through Iran – deputy minister
Official Tehran is not interested in export of Turkmen gas to Turkey through Iran via swap operations, Iranian Deputy Oil Minister Hamid Reza Araqi said.
According to him, Turkey is one of the traditional gas markets of Iran: “We are against sale of rival country’s gas to Turkey via swap operations”.
However, the deputy minister added that there is not any problem in sale of Turkmen gas to Azerbaijan or Armenia in this way.
Armenian Minister of Energy Infrastructure and Natural Resources Ashot Manukyan said that Yerevan, Ashgabat and Tehran are conducting negotiations on Turkmen gas transit to Armenia: “Iran’s territory is only option for transportation of Turkmen gas transit to Armenia, but lack of gas pipelines will lead to increase in costs. There will be held a meeting of experts in order to discuss transit possibility and pricing issues”.
The minister also noted that Armenia is ready for increase of gas imported from Iran: “This depends on Iranian side’s conditions. Russia’s tariffs are too low. If Iran offers lower tariffs, we’re ready for negotiations. However, the matter must be about long-term transportation”.
Manukyan noted that Armenia-Iran program “gas in exchange for energy” will continue.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan doubles export of oil products to Georgia
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gas export to Georgia more than 1%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan increases energy export to Georgia by 11%
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan exports more than 9,000 tonnes of fuel to Georgia last month
- 16.02.2018SGC Advisory Council provides political support to Shahdeniz 2 - DECLARATION
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan earned $125B from ACG fields block so far
- 16.02.2018TANAP to transport 2 bcm of gas this year
- 16.02.2018BP remains committed to achieving a nationalization target of 90 percent for professional staff by year-end
- 16.02.2018BP-Azerbaijan: Overall, 99 percent of SCPX first gas scope is already complete
- 16.02.2018SCP spends $813M last year
- 16.02.2018Shah Deniz 2 first gas scope is now 99 per cent complete - BP
- 16.02.2018Shahdeniz produces 10.2 bcm of gas and 2.4 million tonnes of condensate last year
- 16.02.2018Amount of capital and operating expenditures on Shahdeniz announced
- 16.02.2018BTC exports 34 million tonnes of crude oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018Sangachal terminal exports more than 283 million barrels of oil in 2017
- 16.02.2018ACG delivers nearly 3 bcm of associated gas to SOCAR last year
- 16.02.2018ACG produces 29 million in total tonnes of oil last year
- 16.02.2018$1.64B spent on ACG last year
- 16.02.2018S&P could downgrade Azerenerji
- 16.02.2018Details of documents signed at the 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council announced
- 16.02.2018S&P: Without ongoing and extraordinary state support, Azerenerji would face difficulties in servicing its debt
- 16.02.2018S&P anticipates no tariff revisions in Azerbaijan in next two years
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan gets 73% growth in solar power production in January
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gasoline and diesel production this year
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan increases gold production by 7.1-fold last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan reduces oil and gas production
- 16.02.2018S&P: Outlook on Azerenerji is negative
- 16.02.2018Gas transportation via main pipelines increases by over 2%
- 16.02.2018BTC transports 554,000 tonnes of transit oil last month
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijan is ready to enter the European market with its gas resources"
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani President: "The Southern Gas Corridor is a main element of the strategy that helps us to diversify our economy" - UPDATED
- 15.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor will ensure energy security worldwide: US State Department official
- 15.02.2018Total construction costs of STAR Refinery increased to $6.3B – Fitch
- 15.02.2018Europe ready to discuss Iran’s joining SGC - Maros Sefcovic
- 15.02.2018Minister: Azerbaijan has successfully been implementing oil and gas strategy for long years
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: We’ll feel safer when SGC provides Europe with energy
- 15.02.2018Fitch views contract to extend PSA for ACG as positive
- 15.02.2018Maros Sefcovic: Turkmenistan’s joining SGC is being discussed
- 15.02.2018Minister: First gas on TANAP to be transported from Azerbaijan to Turkey in the middle of this year
- 15.02.2018Joint Declaration signed at 4th Ministerial Meeting of SGC Advisory Council
- 24.10.2017Azerbaijani gov’t forecasts $10 decline in oil price in next four years
- 25.10.2017BP: Tendency in oil price during past three years resembles price changes in 1985-1990
- 25.10.2017US to increase compressed gas export - BP
- 20.10.2017EBRD approves loan for TANAP
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan gets 43% decline in export of oil products
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijan gets rise in revenues from natural gas export